A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Jason P said:
    If people had to walk 4 blocks to "sign" that petition they would have a total of seven signatures.   We really need to differentiate between going out and signing a signature to a sheet of paper vs. hitting a button on your phone while you are pooping. 
    A poop-tuition or "you say you wanna bowel movement, yeah you know, we all wanna poop and tweet..."
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I have a few complaints about this season, but overall really like it still.
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 318
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    mace1229 said:
    I have a few complaints about this season, but overall really like it still.
    Yeah, maybe not quite as good as it was but still better than almost everything else. The hardcore book nerds are the worst about it, while ignoring how shitty the 4th and 5th books are at points. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited May 2019
    I agree.  The first three books were fucking amazing.  4 & 5 were not nearly as good.  Splitting them up became quite confusing and there were not what we expected, by in large.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Im a hardcore book nerd

I actually put #4 on par with the first 3.  The first half of 5 as well.  After that, the story got confused a bit and too much political machinations of Meereen and Slavers Bay.  Hopefully it can be bound up quickly in 6 (which is why there has been such a writing challenge).
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    4 & 5 both had very good parts, and some bad parts. 
    The Meereenese knot was a challenge back in the first couple years after ADOD was released. 8 years and counting now is a problem.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Dorne and Greyjoy are sideplots at best.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The Dorne side plot was probably the most boring and unnecessary.  I think this season is going about par with my expectations and they were relatively high.  Not everything as I wanted but I’m watching and not writing.  At least they gave us several years heads up that it would be a short season or the haters would need to pour gasoline on themselves outside HBO HQ. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

Jason P said:
    The Dorne side plot was probably the most boring and unnecessary.  I think this season is going about par with my expectations and they were relatively high.  Not everything as I wanted but I’m watching and not writing.  At least they gave us several years heads up that it would be a short season or the haters would need to pour gasoline on themselves outside HBO HQ. 

The Sons of the Harpy was ridiculous... a bunch of rich guys in masks posed a challenge to the Unsullied??

Almost as dumb as Ewoks vs Stormtoopers IMO.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Yes, the Sons of the Harpy, in terms of the show was bad.  Especially in the fighting pit scene (which was a good scene) where suddenly there are like 1000 people with masks and weapons.  

In the books, the plot point is executed better.... at first..... but gets stretched out to literally no end, and made unnecessarily complex.

Dorne also works great in the books (IMO)... until it trails off in the 5th book, and a major plot thread hits a dead end where you are sitting there wondering 'why?'

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    goldrush said:
    500,000 people have signed a petition demanding Season 8 is remade?!? FFS, I'm sure there are bigger problems in the world than disagreeing with the way a fantasy show is written :confused:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48303921
    Right!  I wonder how many of those petition signers actually vote in their local elections.  Priorities people!
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    MayDay10 said:
    Yes, the Sons of the Harpy, in terms of the show was bad.  Especially in the fighting pit scene (which was a good scene) where suddenly there are like 1000 people with masks and weapons.  

In the books, the plot point is executed better.... at first..... but gets stretched out to literally no end, and made unnecessarily complex.

Dorne also works great in the books (IMO)... until it trails off in the 5th book, and a major plot thread hits a dead end where you are sitting there wondering 'why?'

I agree. Harpies started better, and then dragged on forever. Dorne and the Iron Island stories are better in the books.  Too bad the show fumbled them. Not a fan of the Golden Company story in the books, and glad it got cut from the show. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I hope they put an Ewok in the last episode :whistle:
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    Jason P said:

They may as well at this point.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Jason P said:
    hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Good stuff. Reminds me of an onion article.  That doesn't exist anymore does it?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    15 hours and 49 minutes....but who's counting. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Part of me really wants GOT to end just like this...

https://youtu.be/qRxwBb7ev1Y
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Might as well get prepped for tonight!!!

https://youtu.be/fKIwj1TQmFs

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited May 2019
    No matter how it ends, I'm going to miss this show.

I have no idea how this last 80 minutes is even going to come close to a sense of closure for everything going on, but I'll miss these characters.
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    There is a spoiler around but I didn't bother to read it.  Not sure if anyone even wants to?
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Fuck no! 2 hours til showtime. If someone can't wait for that, they deserve to be kocked in the ding-a-ling.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Suppose to watch finale at my friends place, get food soon

he just texts me, his wife’s water broke 2 weeks early

i feel so bad for her, she’s a huge fan

they joked about this months ago 🤣
    At least she knows not to name her kid after Dany now 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    wassup, nerds? 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11