Options

What was the actuall reason Dave A was fired?

2»

Comments

• Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Its a coupe... a wedding present...its in my wife's mothers name
  • Options
    Say what you want about ed but from the article posted by Stone Irons, it's pretty obvious he wouldn't have lasted in the band even if they had let it play out.
  • Options
    ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    hobbes wrote:
    ed was a pissy little bitch back then.

I totally agree. Like he said...he took himself waaay too seriously back then. He is totally mellowed out now...good!
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    anyone ever get Dave A's new bands album? it doesnt really sound that bad. definitely stoner rockish!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=94508351
  • Options
    This isn't Dave's new album... shit this came out about 5 yrs ago.....lol! Don't think it ever hit the shops. If you wanted a copy just email him.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    lephty wrote:
    anyone ever get Dave A's new bands album? it doesnt really sound that bad. definitely stoner rockish!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=94508351
    very cool- thank you
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Brain Of E wrote:
    After they made their first million dollars, Ed didn't want the guys to buy any expensive stuff, at least until the heat was off from the robbery. When they got together to celebrate at a bar, Dave showed up in a new pink cadillac that he just bought for his wife and Eddie was like, "What the fuck, I thought I told you not to go buying anything expensive?" To which Dave replied, "It's Ok, it's in my mother's name, it's a wedding gift." Ed was none too pleased, so he kicked his ass out of the party and told him to return it. The next morning Dave and his new wife were found wacked in the cadillac by by some neighborhood kids.

You know, we always called each other good fellas. Like you said to, uh, somebody, :You're gonna like this guy. He's all right. He's a good fella. He's one of us.: You understand? We were good fellas. Wiseguys. But Eddie and I could never be made because we had Irish blood. It didn't even matter that my mother was Sicilian. To become a member of a crew you've got to be one hundred per cent Italian so they can trace all your relatives back to the old country. See, it's the highest honor they can give you. It means you belong to a family and crew. It means that nobody can fuck around with you. It also means you could fuck around with anybody just as long as they aren't also a member. It's like a license to steal. It's a license to do anything. As far as Eddie was concerned with Dave being made, it was like we were all being made. We would now have one of our own as a member.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,645
    Well I like Matt better but - Dave A would likely not be kicked out of the band today for the reasons he was back in the day - read into that any way you like.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    His hair was looking better than Ed's......
    So he got fired...:p
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    It just didn't work out. That's all.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    SR128409SR128409 Posts: 20
    Matt Cameron is as much Pearl Jam as any other member......no matter the reason Dave A. separated from PJ, he was part of PJ when Rock & Roll was magical and PJ were on Top of the World.....no one can take that away from him!!!

• Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    edited July 2019
    it was ed showing that it was his band. throwing his weight around and letting everyone know that it was going to be his way

say what you will about him but jack irons drumming for pearl jam during ten/vs/vitalogy would have been HORRIBLY boring. dave was the perfect combination of power and skill.
    [rude post deleted by Admin]
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited July 2019

Dave A? Few of us will ever know, but that doesn’t seem like the case at all.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    More quotes from Goodfellas.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
This discussion has been closed.