Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Are you female? Between the age of consent and ~36? Breathing and have a pulse? Under 200 lbs & good hygiene?  No drug use or STDs? If so, you pass the preliminary stage of my type.  Personality test develops over time.
    Yaaay I‘m someone‘s type! 
    This thread is weirdly fun. Throwing up some existential questions 😉
    ok, sorry, continue
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Yes
    Are you female? Between the age of consent and ~36? Breathing and have a pulse? Under 200 lbs & good hygiene?  No drug use or STDs? If so, you pass the preliminary stage of my type.  Personality test develops over time.
    Most STDs are treatable these days, you know. Don’t limit your options too severely. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Here ya go.  Not the typical DK variety, but still...

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes
    My Type:

Lou Ferrigno

Rob Delaney

Karl Pilkington

Bryan Johnson (Comic Book Men)

and finally,Ben Affleck, but only when he's The Accountant...
    the accountant pocket protector gifgif ben affleck the accountant pocket protector pockettheprotectoraccountantthe accountant GIF

I love Karl Pilkington!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    My Type:

Lou Ferrigno

Rob Delaney

Karl Pilkington

Bryan Johnson (Comic Book Men)

and finally,Ben Affleck, but only when he's The Accountant...
    the accountant pocket protector gifgif ben affleck the accountant pocket protector pockettheprotectoraccountantthe accountant GIF

I love Karl Pilkington!
    Me too he is so popular here 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    :rofl:

argg… dammit… :anguished:
    :lol:
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    Karl is simply irresistible. :heart:

And Dyer, is a stud. Okay JPPJ and kce8, who are your types?

Glad the ladies are all back!!! :clap:

I don’t have a certain type. There’s just too many different appealing types ;-)
    edited May 2019

Not a special type actually…    :D   ;)

Ok I thought through it... haha
    I still like long hair…but who cares, that guy is hot anyway.. ;)  Definitely no need for that much muscles though. 
    www.diarioextra.com/files/Dnews/images/detail/382287_jason1.jpg_1619830263.jpg

why does it not work with pics here?
    https://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=https://i.pinimg.com/originals/03/fa/e3/03fae3c0f3b730ac864a71e4965348f4.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/311944711668935142/&docid=FVNBCDfMmF76yM&tbnid=cyTuLjZ85qFM1M:&vet=10ahUKEwjVxKf50Z3iAhXKDGMBHVnvBzsQMwhKKAkwCQ..i&w=2296&h=3100&bih=655&biw=1366&q=jason momoa&ved=0ahUKEwjVxKf50Z3iAhXKDGMBHVnvBzsQMwhKKAkwCQ&iact=mrc&uact=8
    Post edited by kce8 on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I also have to rule out vegans.  Nothing against y'all, but I don't need a fucking lecture every god damn time I eat.
    I also have to rule out vegans.  Nothing against y'all, but I don't need a fucking lecture every god damn time I eat.
    :bow: 
    but still doesn't help me... haha
    kce8 said:
    Yay again, I love meat ;-)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    depends. not every vegan is like that, but many are. shit, there was this girl who worked in the restaurant in my office building that had "vegan" tattooed on her neck but she still made hamburgers and everything without issue. there are activist vegans and passive vegans. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

No
    Sorry bud, you just got crossed off my list for S_C's gay type.
    https://youtu.be/_asNhzXq72w
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Sorry bud, you just got crossed off my list for S_C's gay type.
    https://youtu.be/_asNhzXq72w
    And here I figured the "are you female" part would've got me crossed off that list...
    No
    Lol. That can be remedied, it will just be a longer process. Spiritual is very committed to finding everlasting love.
    Lol. That can be remedied, it will just be a longer process. Spiritual is very committed to finding everlasting love.
    He doesn’t want a PJ girl though. That surely eliminates Dyer
    No
    Damn, damn, damn! Thanks for the reminder JPPJ.
    No
    kce8 said:

Not a special type actually…    :D   ;)

Ok I thought through it... haha
    I still like long hair…but who cares, that guy is hot anyway.. ;)  Definitely no need for that much muscles though. 
    www.diarioextra.com/files/Dnews/images/detail/382287_jason1.jpg_1619830263.jpg

why does it not work with pics here?
    https://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=https://i.pinimg.com/originals/03/fa/e3/03fae3c0f3b730ac864a71e4965348f4.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/311944711668935142/&docid=FVNBCDfMmF76yM&tbnid=cyTuLjZ85qFM1M:&vet=10ahUKEwjVxKf50Z3iAhXKDGMBHVnvBzsQMwhKKAkwCQ..i&w=2296&h=3100&bih=655&biw=1366&q=jason momoa&ved=0ahUKEwjVxKf50Z3iAhXKDGMBHVnvBzsQMwhKKAkwCQ&iact=mrc&uact=8
    Jason Momoa, good choice! Wish I would've put him on my list. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yes
    JPPJ84 said:
    kce8 said:
    Is this something that you really want to have typed on here? 

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    JPPJ84 said:
    kce8 said:

Well I’m just talking about food. Whatever you’re reading into that I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    kce8 said:

Well I’m just talking about food. Whatever you’re reading into that I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
    Oh for gods sake English is harder than I thought... just googled it. I love to eat meat. As in food. Better? 😂
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited May 2019
    Not to use this place as a 13 year old girl's personal blog...

.... but, about the girl I mentioned who didn't like my jokey comment and ended our dating. We started texting again and she called me (drunk) and opened up a bit. Felt like she wanted to find a way to get back, but in texts she felt a bit off and with hesitation so I didn't really know.

I wanted to clear the air. She agreed and with the fear it might be a break-up talk I went to her a week ago. As soon as she opened the door, whatever fabricated "being" I had turned her into from her texts stripped away - there she stood, this supercute, charming, hot, welcoming, (vegan) girl I had wanted to see and hug for weeks. And we hugged. And talked. The "joke" had been a culmination of something I had not had a clue about - she felt I had not shown that I really liked her and feared I was just with her until something better came along, and also that I had been very negative in comments supporting this fear of hers. I was surprised. She had been very affirmative towards me in ways (like talking about me coming along to her dads birthday) but I thought it was obvious I was into her and did not know my "sarcastic jargon" was taken as dismissive. So I told her my side of the story, that I didn't know really what she wanted out of us (us meeting through Tinder and all) and that I didn't want to "rock the boat" by saying something stupid that would make her "scared" - but that I did like her and that I had missed her (a lot). And that I had not realized my sarcasm had been taken as matter of fact dissing. I had even stopped seeing an "until something better comes along"-person as soon as I met this girl because I dug her so right off the bat - ironic enough.

It seemed to me like we were cool -  the miscommunication was cleared up. She was happy and we snuggled, drank some tea and just hanged out like normal. She asked if I wanted to eat something, and it being really late I took it as a cute invite for me to stay. In the end I left her place at midnight with her looking happy and a text confirming she had enjoyed me visiting. I asked if she wanted to catch a movie or a play soon - which she seemed into.

But this weekend she was getting "off" in texts (again) and didn't seem to be in a rush to meet. And last night she wrote and said she doesn't like me enough to see me ("I will never fall deep in love with you, so there is no point in seeing each other"). So first she was afraid I didn't like her enough because I did not show it - so I tell her how sorry I am about that not coming across and that I like her as much as she (seemed) to like me - only to face this problem of me liking her being a problem because she now doesn't like me (enough). So.. now it would have been better if I didn't "rock the boat" and told her I liked her? As she first presumed, so we could meet..(?).

I've been down all last evening and day over this. This is the first girl in 10 years I've found charming enough to keep on seeing and see where it leads (whatever that might be). I remember the first time we met, I was surprised by me not wanting her to leave in the morning and wanting to see her again as soon as she left my apartment. That is not how it had been for me in a loooong time. There's something about her and being close to her that makes me happy. I even accept her not caring for Pearl Jam. And i really thought after the "bump in the road" that we were back on track. Whatever the track would be. I just knew we both were open with liking each other, and it felt right...

If this was 15 years ago then-me would have gone to her and told her how stupid it all is and how this is a stupid mistake ending it. Maybe even quoting some Pearl Jam lyrics. 35 year old me just feels empty and like shit. And man, first one in 10 years that made me feel butterflies.

Fucking shit.

/ Veddergirl84
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Not to use this place as a 13 year old girl's personal blog...

.... but, about the girl I mentioned who didn't like my jokey comment and ended our dating. We started texting again and she called me (drunk) and opened up a bit. Felt like she wanted to find a way to get back, but in texts she felt a bit off and with hesitation so I didn't really know.

I wanted to clear the air. She agreed and with the fear it might be a break-up talk I went to her a week ago. As soon as she opened the door, whatever fabricated "being" I had turned her into from her texts stripped away - there she stood, this supercute, charming, hot, welcoming, (vegan) girl I had wanted to see and hug for weeks. And we hugged. And talked. The "joke" had been a culmination of something I had not had a clue about - she felt I had not shown that I really liked her and feared I was just with her until something better came along, and also that I had been very negative in comments supporting this fear of hers. I was surprised. She had been very affirmative towards me in ways (like talking about me coming along to her dads birthday) but I thought it was obvious I was into her and did not know my "sarcastic jargon" was taken as dismissive. So I told her my side of the story, that I didn't know really what she wanted out of us (us meeting through Tinder and all) and that I didn't want to "rock the boat" by saying something stupid that would make her "scared" - but that I did like her and that I had missed her (a lot). And that I had not realized my sarcasm had been taken as matter of fact dissing. I had even stopped seeing an "until something better comes along"-person as soon as I met this girl because I dug her so right off the bat - ironic enough.

It seemed to me like we were cool -  the miscommunication was cleared up. She was happy and we snuggled, drank some tea and just hanged out like normal. She asked if I wanted to eat something, and it being really late I took it as a cute invite for me to stay. In the end I left her place at midnight with her looking happy and a text confirming she had enjoyed me visiting. I asked if she wanted to catch a movie or a play soon - which she seemed into.

But this weekend she was getting "off" in texts (again) and didn't seem to be in a rush to meet. And last night she wrote and said she doesn't like me enough to see me ("I will never fall deep in love with you, so there is no point in seeing each other"). So first she was afraid I didn't like her enough because I did not show it - so I tell her how sorry I am about that not coming across and that I like her as much as she (seemed) to like me - only to face this problem of me liking her being a problem because she now doesn't like me (enough). So.. now it would have been better if I didn't "rock the boat" and told her I liked her? As she first presumed, so we could meet..(?).

I've been down all last evening and day over this. This is the first girl in 10 years I've found charming enough to keep on seeing and see where it leads (whatever that might be). I remember the first time we met, I was surprised by me not wanting her to leave in the morning and wanting to see her again as soon as she left my apartment. That is not how it had been for me in a loooong time. There's something about her and being close to her that makes me happy. I even accept her not caring for Pearl Jam. And i really thought after the "bump in the road" that we were back on track. Whatever the track would be. I just knew we both were open with liking each other, and it felt right...

If this was 15 years ago then-me would have gone to her and told her how stupid it all is and how this is a stupid mistake ending it. Maybe even quoting some Pearl Jam lyrics. 35 year old me just feels empty and like shit. And man, first one in 10 years that made me feel butterflies.

Fucking shit.

/ Veddergirl84
    wow. that's some serious flip floppy bullshit. too bad, dude. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes
    Sounds like she might be a little bit loco.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Yes
    aren't they all?
    pjhawks said:
    aren't they all?
    *slowly backs out of thread*
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes
    pjhawks said:
    aren't they all?
    :worried:
    No
    ....  if you guys need us, we'll be in the grotto with Dyer. Take care now.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2019
    Yes
    Ditto. Actually, I'm not really interested in vegetarians either. I was engaged to one once and it kind of sucked. And not only because of the harassment about me eating meat, which did happen. It was just a drag to figure out meals and where to go out to eat and stuff. I hated it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata