A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Did Bran send it?
    I just thought that it was this jackass's horse.

Maybe just a little worse for the wear.

That's what I thought. So what's the symbolism there, if this show knows what that is any more?

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Arya kills Jon Snow. Uses his face to get close to, and eventually kill Dany. 

She goes off with Gendry. Sansa on the throne. Tyrion as her hand.
    So, Arya confronts Jon and tries to get him to see logic.  He sticks to his loyalty bullshit, as always, and she has no way to get past him beyond killing him.  (We dont know that)  She puts his face on and kills Dany...reveals that it was Arya.

I love that.  Sad for Jon but cool overall.

What about the city wrecking dragon?

So many cool options.
    I don't think Jon needs convincing.  He might be the one to off Dany
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    CROJAM95 said:
    I just hope Grey Worm gets whacked

annoying facial expressions... he sucks

i think Sansa gets the throne

Jon, Danny, Dragon all die
    and no weiner

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    yeah, I honestly don't see a place in the world for Jon, other than to help rid the world of Targaryens including himself and Drogon.  

Unless seeing the carnage gives him a change of heart and he wants to rule...

but every character brought back to life has re-died after serving a purpose.

I feel like we are headed to the abolishing of the throne.  
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Did Bran send it?

That's what I thought. So what's the symbolism there, if this show knows what that is any more?

Hahahahahaha!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    MayDay10 said:
    yeah, I honestly don't see a place in the world for Jon, other than to help rid the world of Targaryens including himself and Drogon.  

Unless seeing the carnage gives him a change of heart and he wants to rule...

but every character brought back to life has re-died after serving a purpose.

I feel like we are headed to the abolishing of the throne.  
    Right, I think Jon's death is guaranteed once he serves his purpose. I think the original assumption is that it was to help defeat the army of the dead and the night king, but it may have actually been to end the rule of the iron throne and take out Dany, which makes me wonder what Arya's role is at this point. Tyrion, Jon and Arya have the biggest arcs to complete. The biggest curveball they could throw out yet is Bran actually have some sort of function in the end of it all.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited May 2019
    I think Arya might be done.  She may actually go be lady of Storm's End.  Between the Hound getting through to her that he was the end result of a lifetime of hate and seeking vengeance.... and witnessing the carnage at ground level, she is going to retire from killing.

Bran to me is the biggest wildcard. 
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
    I really thought that Arya was going to catch up to Jaime, kill him, take his face, and use that to get close enough to Cersei to take her out.

I was way off.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    I really thought that Arya was going to catch up to Jaime, kill him, take his face, and use that to get close enough to Cersei to take her out.

I was way off.
    Until Cersei acknowledged Jamie’s wounds, I was thinking the same thing. 
    I'm not so sure that Cersei and Jamie are dead yet either.  

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    It wouldn't matter if they were alive anyway, they also have nothing to live for.
    It wouldn't matter if they were alive anyway, they also have nothing to live for.
    well they would have their kentucky baby now wouldn't they?

well they would have their kentucky baby now wouldn't they?
    No where to go and raise it.
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

I feel the same way about this episode as I would if I went to Pearl Jam's Second to last show ever and this was there setlist.

Rocking In The Free World
    Alive
    Given To Fly
    Daughter
    Evenflow
    Daughter
    Jeremy
    Alive
    ----------------------------
    Encore:
    Rocking In The Free World X3

Matts3221 said:

I feel the same way about this episode as I would if I went to Pearl Jam's Second to last show ever and this was there setlist.

Alive
    Given To Fly
    Daughter
    Evenflow
    Daughter
    Jeremy
    Alive
    ----------------------------
    Encore:
    Rocking In The Free World X3

but just think how empty your bladder would be!

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mca47 said:
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Did Bran send it?

Hahahahahaha!
    That is awesome
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited May 2019
    Going back a few pages, I bet anyone that named their daughter “Khaleesi” or “Daenerys” after the character is second guessing that choice now, lol
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    Going back a few pages, I bet anyone that named their daughter “Khaleesi” or “Daenerys” after the character is second guessing that choice now, lol
    "Honey, do you think we should refer to our daughter by her middle name from now on?!?"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    PJPOWER said:
    "Honey, do you think we should refer to our daughter by her middle name from now on?!?"
    Burner of Cities....Queen of the Ashes....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    20 years from now when there is an uptick of raging pyromaniacs, we’ll know why!
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^^^^^Considering Aaron Rodgers was one of those guys, I'd have to agree.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I've heard Rodgers was in about 7 different scenes if you believe everyone ... i believe Rodgers is a faceless man
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I don't see any scenario were Arya kills Jon just for his face. Jon looked disgusted and ready to turn against Dany once she started burning the city. But even if he didn't, I don't think Arya would kill him.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So I didn't catch that Varys was trying to poison Dany or was poisoning here and she stopped eating. Maybe it's his fault she went crazy.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Rumor is that books 6 and 7 are complete and Martin has a deal with HBO to delay publishing until season 8 concludes 
    Jason P said:
    Rumor is that books 6 and 7 are complete and Martin has a deal with HBO to delay publishing until season 8 concludes 
    I have said that was my suspicion before....  Not sure if it is true, and not sure if the Barristan Selmy-actor would know.  

It makes sense though, for HBO to want the 'exclusive' on the story and the ending.
    MayDay10 said:
    Jason P said:
    I have said that was my suspicion before....  Not sure if it is true, and not sure if the Barristan Selmy-actor would know.  

It makes sense though, for HBO to want the 'exclusive' on the story and the ending.
    I think the books will end quite differently.  I believe that the show runner is creating new content that probably goes before Martin for his blessing but isn’t based on unfinished manuscripts of the final books.  I have nothing to base that on but instinct