A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

I am glad that people are enjoying these last few episodes , I just felt last night and the week before have just felt uneven and rushing to get to the end.

Again not going to argue with people liking it , I just wish I was there as well. I think of Breaking Bad , Six Feet Under and even Lost. Every episodes was so exciting in the end.

I just feel like they have a large list and are trying to check off as many boxes as they can per episode.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    MayDay10 said:
    Well the mad queen is here!  Holy shit that was wild.  I don't think Jon will have the balls to kill her....Arya will take her out.  Jon obviously doesn't want the throne so my prediction is Sansa becomes queen and Jon is warden of the north.
    Im thinking Jon and Dany (and Drogon) are all goners.  Sansa/Tyrion/Davos become the voice of the people and abolish the Targaryan throne and King of the realm structure, and restore the Realm to 7 or 8 independent Kingdoms.  You already have several in place waiting

North - Sansa
    Iron Islands - Yara/Asha (iron islands may be considered riverlands or north?)
    Stormlands - Gendry
    West/Rock - Tyrion
    Riverlands/Riverrun - Edmure
    Highgarden/Reach - Bronn
    Vale - Robert/Robyn
    Dorne - Dunno, maybe Ellaria will be found, lol

Did Bronn make it out?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    MayDay10 said:
    Well the mad queen is here!  Holy shit that was wild.  I don't think Jon will have the balls to kill her....Arya will take her out.  Jon obviously doesn't want the throne so my prediction is Sansa becomes queen and Jon is warden of the north.
    Im thinking Jon and Dany (and Drogon) are all goners.  Sansa/Tyrion/Davos become the voice of the people and abolish the Targaryan throne and King of the realm structure, and restore the Realm to 7 or 8 independent Kingdoms.  You already have several in place waiting

North - Sansa
    Iron Islands - Yara/Asha (iron islands may be considered riverlands or north?)
    Stormlands - Gendry
    West/Rock - Tyrion
    Riverlands/Riverrun - Edmure
    Highgarden/Reach - Bronn
    Vale - Robert/Robyn
    Dorne - Dunno, maybe Ellaria will be found, lol

Did Bronn make it out?
    He never went to Kings Landing for this battle, did he?

I think that there is a lot of "rushing to wrap things up" but that is another thing I directly tie to GRRM not finishing the books and telling the screenwriters how to get there.  I like where we are ending up and am fine looking past the shortcomings and enjoying the episode...and looking forward to next week's finale.  (And, if we ever get the books...then I am sure we will get the background behind what happens and why they happen that way, or actions that are more in keeping with the brilliant character development of the books and early series.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    And...I forgot about the breastfeeding bandit, Robert/Robyn. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Arya kills Jon Snow. Uses his face to get close to, and eventually kill Dany. 

She goes off with Gendry. Sansa on the throne. Tyrion as her hand.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Where did Varys send his letters? Was he trying to get people to rally behind Jon?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)

So, Arya confronts Jon and tries to get him to see logic.  He sticks to his loyalty bullshit, as always, and she has no way to get past him beyond killing him.  (We dont know that)  She puts his face on and kills Dany...reveals that it was Arya.

I love that.  Sad for Jon but cool overall.

What about the city wrecking dragon?

So many cool options.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    goldrush said:
    Where did Varys send his letters? Was he trying to get people to rally behind Jon?
    Pretty sure that is what he was doing. Another thing that would have benefited from have more episodes. Varys probably knew that Jon breaking up with his girlfriend the night before prom would not go over well. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

So, Arya confronts Jon and tries to get him to see logic.  He sticks to his loyalty bullshit, as always, and she has no way to get past him beyond killing him.  (We dont know that)  She puts his face on and kills Dany...reveals that it was Arya.

So many cool options.
    Maybe she doesn't even have to confront Hon. Maybe this was the tipping point at which she blames him for everything. Just offs him. Perhaps having Jon Snows face allows her to get close enough to somehow off Drogon as well?

Sorry, I've just been waiting for the face thing to come into play again.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

So many cool options.
    Maybe she doesn't even have to confront Hon. Maybe this was the tipping point at which she blames him for everything. Just offs him. Perhaps having Jon Snows face allows her to get close enough to somehow off Drogon as well?

It has to be another big part of the series but she takes out two different kings/queens?  The new "Kingslayer"?

So many cool options.

It has to be another big part of the series but she takes out two different kings/queens?  The new "Kingslayer"?
    I like that the Rocks took the honor of killing the Kingslayer away from that fucking idiot Euron
    Also, did Tyrion maybe appear the be on Team Dany while secretly working with Sansa, only to get the Enoch killed and set the ball in motion?
    Anybody think Tyrion kills off Danery's?
    Also, did Tyrion maybe appear the be on Team Dany while secretly working with Sansa, only to get the Enoch killed and set the ball in motion?
    Didn't see your reply and I asked that too.
    Just logged back here to throw out maybe Tyrion kills her. Man, we are thinking alike today!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386

I have a hard time with the idea of Arya killing Jon, something more would have to happen for her to get to that point... even then, she adored him when they were younger, I really can’t see it. 

Euron is hands down the worst character GOT has given us, I would have been pissed if he had killed Jamie. He sucked from start to finish, and completely dragged the show down. 

With that being said, Jamie’s fate was still somewhat disappointing... characters of his & Cersei’s caliber deserved better deaths then they got. That was a little disappointing, but whatever. 

It was nice Arya & the Hound had their moment, and he talked sense into her. I don’t know that I loved the whole Mountain vs. the Hound scene, but he did go out the way he wanted, and what a death it was. 

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Just logged back here to throw out maybe Tyrion kills her. Man, we are thinking alike today!
    That would at least make some sense since his brother was the Kingslayer and now he could be the Queenslayer. He has the access to her needed to pull it off, but he hasn't been smart, clever or vicious the last few seasons so it would take an awakening to the Tyrion of old to pull it off. A few seasons ago, I would have said yes, but lately he's just another stumbling idiot in service to the Mad Queen. Maybe him and Jon can start a club.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    tbergs said:
    That would at least make some sense since his brother was the Kingslayer and now he could be the Queenslayer. He has the access to her needed to pull it off, but he hasn't been smart, clever or vicious the last few seasons so it would take an awakening to the Tyrion of old to pull it off. A few seasons ago, I would have said yes, but lately he's just another stumbling idiot in service to the Mad Queen. Maybe him and Jon can start a club.
    I can see that too, especially after she killed so many innocents when Tyrion begged her not to.  
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    I just hope Grey Worm gets whacked

annoying facial expressions... he sucks

i think Sansa gets the throne

Jon, Danny, Dragon all die
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I think Arya is done with being a killer.  The white horse is taking her to hot pie where she will live out her life making hot pies. 
    Jason P said:
    I think Arya is done with being a killer.  The white horse is taking her to hot pie where she will live out her life making hot pies. 
    I was wondering if the pale horse was another piece of symbolism for her in that she is bringing death with her or causing death or that she is death?

The damn horse means something.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Did Bran send it?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited May 2019
    JK_Livin said:
    Did Bran send it?
    I just thought that it was this jackass's horse.

Maybe just a little worse for the wear.

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I'm thinking Arya may be done killing as shown in her/Clegane's exchange.  The Hound advised her to let go of the hate, or else she will be chasing it all her (miserable) life.  I think thats what that was.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    If Jon Survives, a bittersweet ending is that he would be King, a position he truly does not want.  I could also see him leaving everyone and heading north above what is left of the wall. 
    I really enjoyed that episode.
    That said, I think Jon's fate can go two ways.
    If Vary's letters went out to all of Westeros, they all now know Jon is Targarean.  Now that Dany has nuked a city killing innocent people, nobody in the right mind would ever support another Targarean.  
    He could just say "fuck it", leave, go north and hang out with the free folk.  He seems like he wants nothing to do with any of it.

I don't see Arya in any way killing Jon.  
    I think the scene where the Hound told her to "let it go" (which I though was a great scene...) combined with her comment that it "didn't feel good" to kill the Night King....then her trying her best to save the people of Kings Landing.  I think her killing days are done.  
    If anyone takes out Dany now, it's going to be either Jon or Tyrion.  
    dankind said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Did Bran send it?
    I just thought that it was this jackass's horse.

Maybe just a little worse for the wear.

That's what I thought. So what's the symbolism there, if this show knows what that is any more?
    I really wonder how that first confrontation is going to go next week.  The remaining characters will have to all meet with Dany at some point right?
    "Um, so, uh...what the hell was that Dany?"
    "The throne is mine now!"
    "Uh...what about that whole not wanting to rule over ashes thing?"
    "I'll burn you fuckers too!"
    "Ok, we're going to go now, good luck with everything."
    "Wait, who's going to help me clean this place up?"

mca47 said:
    I really wonder how that first confrontation is going to go next week.  The remaining characters will have to all meet with Dany at some point right?

I mean, besides the Unsullied and Dothraki, who the hell would want to be any where near her. She's burned so many people for various reasons that living by fear will only last so long. And then what? She has no children so who the hell takes the throne after her. At this point, the only kind of men she would attract would have to be Euron or Ramsey cray-cray.
    tbergs said:
    mca47 said:

I mean, besides the Unsullied and Dothraki, who the hell would want to be any where near her. She's burned so many people for various reasons that living by fear will only last so long. And then what? She has no children so who the hell takes the throne after her. At this point, the only kind of men she would attract would have to be Euron or Ramsey cray-cray.
    She can't have children anyways right?  She's not doing this for any type of family legacy or anything, it seems to be all about her.
    Anyone remaining in Kings Landing is going to get the hell out.  She may rule Westeros, but Kings Landing is going to be a charred ghost town.
    She lost her best friend (Melsandie), she lost her trusted adviser (Jorah), she lost her "lover" (Jon), she lost respect from inner circle....except maybe Greyworm), she lost the city to rule over...
    She has nothing left.  

OH!  So, we are all thinking that someone is going to kill her.  Maybe she kills herself?