Options

Site PJ Station Streaming Help/Questions

jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
Had to cancel my Sirius sub after about 15 years due to a car change. The main thing I miss is PJ radio. I use Sonos in my house and always streamed through Sirius. Question, is there a way to stream the station from this site? I use an iPhone and when I try to airplay the music from my phone to the sonos, nothing happens. It stops on my phone and won’t play on the sonos speaker. It looks like it is trying on the phone but I can’t make it happen. I can stream anything else on my phone but can’t make this work. Any tips?
KC 2010
Lincoln 2014
New York 2016
Seattle 2018
St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023

Comments

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    I have a Galaxy, not iPhone but I have no trouble streaming from phone to Bose speaker. What does effect it is if your viewing something else with sound on. When that happens, I've had to start the stream over. Not sure if that helps, but maybe a solution. It def works.
  • Options
    I should have clarified. I assume your Bose is bluetooth. Sonos is not Bluetooth and streams directly. I am specifically looking to “Airplay” my phone stream to the Sonos. I’m sure I would have no issues with a Bluetooth speaker. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    No, that was just poor reading on my part while typing a work email. Sorry I wasn't able to help
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,426
    Sorry, but i'm low-tech and can't help you on how to stream Sirius for what you're asking.

But, why did you have to cancel Sirius when you changed cars? 
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    you can stream Ten Club Radio here as well as on the PJ Stat Tracker app, TuneIn Radio app or site (https://tunein.com/radio/home/), and radio.net app/site
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Sorry, but i'm low-tech and can't help you on how to stream Sirius for what you're asking.

New car doesn’t have satellite option. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    NHiding said:
    you can stream Ten Club Radio here as well as on the PJ Stat Tracker app, TuneIn Radio app or site (https://tunein.com/radio/home/), and radio.net app/site
    Thank you. I think I can use tunein directly through sonos. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    NHiding said:
    The tunein station was called Pearl Jam Radio. Is that the same. Only asking because some of the other PJ stations play very few live shows and that is what I am after. Thanks again. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    jwc6160 said:
    NHiding said:
    The tunein station was called Pearl Jam Radio. Is that the same. Only asking because some of the other PJ stations play very few live shows and that is what I am after. Thanks again. 

There's two.

SiriusXM plays more hits and has the whole "friends and family" stuff like whatever the band listens to or tours with, etc.

The TuneIn one used to be a member benefit (I'm not sure it still is if it's on other sites) but they seem to play deeper cuts and I haven't heard any non-PJ stuff when I've listened.

If you want that Blood from 1994, you're better off with TuneIn.

If you want Stone talking about the band's feelings when they play a song or if you want to hear Red Mosquito from San Francisco 2006 for the umpteenth time that week, tune in to SiriusXM.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    NHiding said:

There's two.

SiriusXM plays more hits and has the whole "friends and family" stuff like whatever the band listens to or tours with, etc.

The TuneIn one used to be a member benefit (I'm not sure it still is if it's on other sites) but they seem to play deeper cuts and I haven't heard any non-PJ stuff when I've listened.

If you want Stone talking about the band's feelings when they play a song or if you want to hear Red Mosquito from San Francisco 2006 for the umpteenth time that week, tune in to SiriusXM.
    Thank you again. This is exactly what I was after. I actually got annoyed with some of the chatter and “friends” stuff on XM. My car actually has a tunein option and I found the station and set it up there and on Sonos. I had no idea those were options. Thank you
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,426
    jwc6160 said:
    cutz said:

New car doesn’t have satellite option. 
    Okay. 

I was able to take my Sirius Radio system from one vehicle to another, when i got another vehicle.

jwc6160 said:
    jwc6160 said:
    NHiding said:

There's two.

Thank you again. This is exactly what I was after. I actually got annoyed with some of the chatter and “friends” stuff on XM. My car actually has a tunein option and I found the station and set it up there and on Sonos. I had no idea those were options. Thank you
    Kool that you were able to set it up using Tunein!