Options

Facebook crush feature - would you use it?

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/facebook-dating-secret-crush-feature/

I can't seem to find it on my app?
I want to secretly crush.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited May 2019
    If you just keep swiping left while you're in the app, you finally land in this dating section. Or at least on the banner that links you to it, not sure.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Tried that. Maybe not available in Australia yet. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    if info is given to facebook, is it secret anymore?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I don't care if they know who I have a crush on.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    OOOOOOOHHHH!!!  I want to crush on people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,403
    Available in the states later this year
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    I guess they are testing it in Canada, since it appears to be up and running already.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat said:
    Then why use it?

This strikes me as the digital equivalent of a kid passing a note to a girl he likes.  "Do you like me?  Check yes or no."

Then again, I'm not a Facebooker.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Then why use it?

This strikes me as the digital equivalent of a kid passing a note to a girl he likes.  "Do you like me?  Check yes or no."

Oh great. This  is going to be like the stupid 'poke' feature. 

I'm not going to poke you back so just stop it. This crush thing is going to be a disaster. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,403
    njnancy said:
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Then why use it?

Oh great. This  is going to be like the stupid 'poke' feature. 

I'm not going to poke you back so just stop it. This crush thing is going to be a disaster. 
    That's only if you use the feature. If you don't then you won't know if someone has a crush on you.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    No one would have a crush on me.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Then why use it?

Not sure I understand? I said I don't care if Facebook know who I have a crush on.
    The purpose of the crush feature is that if you tick/select that you have a crush on one of your Facebook friends and they do the same then you both get notified that you have a mutual crush. Why I want to use it is that it's much better than just telling someone you have a crush on them and they say they don't or vise versa. It overcomes that fear of rejection I and most people have. If I select I have a crush on someone they won't get notified unless they do the same.

• Options
    Same :-(
    I tend to scare girls away.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    Yeah, but at least you wouldn’t have to inquire if you should ask Agnes out on a date, you would already know if she was interested if you were both using the site.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    No, i wouldnt use it.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Yeah, but at least you wouldn’t have to inquire if you should ask Agnes out on a date, you would already know if she was interested if you were both using the site.
     Hey, we got 91 pages of atomic neurosis out of that deal. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    This here forum could use a crush feature. :blush:
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Hobbes said:
    You naughty little tiger. :giggle:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I feel like it would be very awkward once "crushes" were matched...  like what then?  Online dating is one thing, because that is the primary function of the software, and in theory, the people are strangers. 

It seems that a "crush" feature on facebook would make for a very awkward first step in a relationship, and doomed to fail. 

Ive said it before, but if i were single over the age of 30-35, i would post up at a book store/coffee shop and also probably dabble on paid online dating apps.   
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Then why use it?

Not sure I understand? I said I don't care if Facebook know who I have a crush on.
    The purpose of the crush feature is that if you tick/select that you have a crush on one of your Facebook friends and they do the same then you both get notified that you have a mutual crush. Why I want to use it is that it's much better than just telling someone you have a crush on them and they say they don't or vise versa. It overcomes that fear of rejection I and most people have. If I select I have a crush on someone they won't get notified unless they do the same.

Not a specific dig at you, but I think the whole "I have a crush on you" thing is kind of childish.  Maybe it's moreso for teens?  Otherwise just operate as in real life - someone seems interesting, strike up a conversation, maybe meet for something casual, see if you like each other and go from there.

MayDay, agree with you as well.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    Haha. Would have saved me some awkwardness and effort. Yep.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Nvm
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Then why use it?

Not a specific dig at you, but I think the whole "I have a crush on you" thing is kind of childish.  Maybe it's moreso for teens?  Otherwise just operate as in real life - someone seems interesting, strike up a conversation, maybe meet for something casual, see if you like each other and go from there.

MayDay, agree with you as well.
    Childish, maybe.
    I just struggle to let a girl know I like her and would want to go on a date. I've only done it once and it wasn't pleasant and didn't go down too well. At least this way it overcomes that fear of rejection and looking like an idiot barrier.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
     Hey, we got 91 pages of atomic neurosis out of that deal. 
    Solid fucking gold, right here!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I keep my crushes to myself...until I unleash my will on them.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Hobbes said:
    But you already know I heart you. 
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    I want crushes!!!
  • Options
    Men are really tired of the guesswork it seems! This just might be a popular feature after all.
  • Options
    Men are really tired of the guesswork it seems! This just might be a popular feature after all.
    But if only the men are using it.... :giggle:
  • Options
    Lol! Will women surrender their mystery?