Carter Beauford (DMB)- drums, backing vocals
    James Hetfield (Metallica) - vocals
    Trey Anastasio (Phish)- vocals, guitar

Name of the band -  Why the Hell Not?

If I could add a 6th, I would want to add a female to the mix - 

Amy Lee  (Evanescence) - vocals, piano

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Drums...Neil Pearl (retired, greatest living drummer)
    Guitar....Edge
    Bass...Paul Mc Cartney
    Keyboards...Getty Lee
    Singer...Roger Daltry

Interesting! And great to have these good souls still with us.

Did you mean Geddy Lee?  If so, I didn't know he played keyboards as well as bass. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    brianlux said:
    Guitar....Edge
    Bass...Paul Mc Cartney
    Keyboards...Getty Lee
    Singer...Roger Daltry

Did you mean Geddy Lee?  If so, I didn't know he played keyboards as well as bass. 
    And sings. They had thought of adding a 4th to do keyboards but always kept the 3 man format, thank god.  I love Rush. Not my creation though so I'll step away.
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    Guitar....Edge
    Bass...Paul Mc Cartney
    Keyboards...Getty Lee
    Singer...Roger Daltry

And sings. They had thought of adding a 4th to do keyboards but always kept the 3 man format, thank god.  I love Rush. Not my creation though so I'll step away.
    One of the strangest voices in rock.  I love some of there stuff like that cool tree song but generally just a casual fan.  Yeah, I agree, best kept a trio.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    Guitar....Edge
    Bass...Paul Mc Cartney
    Keyboards...Getty Lee
    Singer...Roger Daltry

One of the strangest voices in rock.  I love some of there stuff like that cool tree song but generally just a casual fan.  Yeah, I agree, best kept a trio.
    The Trees - it's a commentary on the inequities in society. Love the song, and album
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    Guitar....Edge
    Bass...Paul Mc Cartney
    Keyboards...Getty Lee
    Singer...Roger Daltry

The Trees - it's a commentary on the inequities in society. Love the song, and album
    The fucking oaks... always keeping the maple down. 
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    Guitar....Edge
    Bass...Paul Mc Cartney
    Keyboards...Getty Lee
    Singer...Roger Daltry

For sure.  It's the one album of theirs I have.  I traded in my first vinyl copy of Hemispheres several years ago and then a year or two ago I bought it again-  for keeps this time.  :smile:

• Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,807
    Jim James - guitar/vocals
    Jack White - guitar/vocals
    Flea - Bass
    Patrick Hallahan - Drums 
    Roger Waters - bass/vocals 

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    Guitar....Edge
    Bass...Paul Mc Cartney
    Keyboards...Getty Lee
    Singer...Roger Daltry

Yes...I meant Geddy, my bad...and yes he played keyboards.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,281
    Sam Beam - vocals, guitar
    Glen Hansard - vocals, guitar
    Rich Robinson - guitar, vocals
    Jeff Ament - bass
    Chad Smith - drums
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Guitar....Edge
    Bass...Paul Mc Cartney
    Keyboards...Getty Lee
    Singer...Roger Daltry

Yes...I meant Geddy, my bad...and yes he played keyboards.
    Cool!  Learn somthin' new every day!

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    JPJ
    Trent Reznor
    Dave Grohl
    Josh Homme
    Neil Finn (I think he could bring some great melodies to the group and his guitar style would fit with Josh Homme’s mid tempo music)

”Mantra” is a cool tune by three of those.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    I see a lot of people adding a drummer.  I don't think that would be needed in a group like this.  Everyone should be strumming and jamming.

That is my interpretation of the band though.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    Guitar....Edge
    Bass...Paul Mc Cartney
    Keyboards...Getty Lee
    Singer...Roger Daltry

yeah, the voice is mostly what kept me from being a fan. amazing musicianship though
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I see a lot of people adding a drummer.  I don't think that would be needed in a group like this.  Everyone should be strumming and jamming.

That was the original premise- these amazing musicians all play/played guitars and sang:

• Options
    brianlux said:

That was the original premise- these amazing musicians all play/played guitars and sang:

The voices of Harrison, Orbison and the ELO guy are all top notch with their harmonies/solos.  Dylan and Petty were both a great addition but their voices weren't nearly on par with the first 3.  I

For whatever reason it all worked out nicely.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

The voices of Harrison, Orbison and the ELO guy are all top notch with their harmonies/solos.  Dylan and Petty were both a great addition but their voices weren't nearly on par with the first 3.  I

Jeff Lynn...
    I think they all sound great together.  I love the Wilburys.  Love them.  If you ever see a first pressing available, pick it up.  It's a great sounding record for the 80's.  
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Lynne...
    And if I ever saw a high resolution pic of that, in the 18*24 range, I would buy it in a second and frame it.  It makes me sad that there's only two left.  I am still so sad about Tom.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    brianlux said:

Dylan looks so young in that pic! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Jeff Lynn...
    I think they all sound great together.  I love the Wilburys.  Love them.  If you ever see a first pressing available, pick it up.  It's a great sounding record for the 80's.  
    I purchased the box set that came out a few years ago and like it a lot.  I am just mad at myself that I didn't give it a chance when it first came out.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Jeff Lynn...
    I purchased the box set that came out a few years ago and like it a lot.  I am just mad at myself that I didn't give it a chance when it first came out.
    I hear that the remixes/repress were really good.  I haven't contemplated it, since my OG is in such nice condition.  
  • Options

Most people are creating Super Groups - I know how the Traveling Wilburys worked and why it worked. I didn't think we were supposed to copy it.  Just choose from living musicians and put together a group of random musicians who might work and possibly create something special (or it could fail miserably). But it would be something different, like the Wilburys did.  

FWIW - My mother, who is in her 80's,  loved them when they came out and still loves them. She bought their CD. She is a huge James Taylor fan, I've even gone to see him with her twice, so I can see how they would appeal to her. I think it's cool.   
  • Options
    njnancy said:

Most people are creating Super Groups - I know how the Traveling Wilburys worked and why it worked. I didn't think we were supposed to copy it.  Just choose from living musicians and put together a group of random musicians who might work and possibly create something special (or it could fail miserably). But it would be something different, like the Wilburys did.  

FWIW - My mother, who is in her 80's,  loved them when they came out and still loves them. She bought their CD. She is a huge James Taylor fan, I've even gone to see him with her twice, so I can see how they would appeal to her. I think it's cool.   
    My mom is 85 and loves DMB. About 10 years ago I took her and my son to a show.  Im pretty sure I had both the oldest and youngest person at the show.  My son was easier to manage. 
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    ^^^^^
    bahahaha
    thats awesome