******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    JK_Livin said:
    3 straight road games just in case the Phillies make the playoffs.
    if, you mean when
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Hard to believe the draft it already tonight. With the Phils and Sixers being good I feel like it gets overshadowed more than it used to. Not having it on Saturday's still bugs me too. 

D tackle or D end tonight?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hard to believe the draft it already tonight. With the Phils and Sixers being good I feel like it gets overshadowed more than it used to. Not having it on Saturday's still bugs me too. 

D tackle or D end tonight?
    agree on the overshadowed and not having it Saturday during the day.  Hell Eagles won't pick until about 10:30 tonight.  Defensive tackle or offensive guard.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    So was this worth trading two additional picks to move up three spots? I'm all about O and D line picks early but I dunno.
    So was this worth trading two additional picks to move up three spots? I'm all about O and D line picks early but I dunno.
    Wasn’t he the highest rated LT? Texans were gonna take him. I like it. Got Peters’ replacement. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wasn’t he the highest rated LT? Texans were gonna take him. I like it. Got Peters’ replacement. 
    I guess? I mean if I didn't know how picks 22-25 were to shake out and didn't know where the Eagles were picking I think I'd be comfortable taking any one of those players. Now, giving up two extra picks to do so? Not so much.

With allllll that said - just read Vaitai's in the last year of his contract so we could see him moved for a pick (picks?).
    I guess? I mean if I didn't know how picks 22-25 were to shake out and didn't know where the Eagles were picking I think I'd be comfortable taking any one of those players. Now, giving up two extra picks to do so? Not so much.

With allllll that said - just read Vaitai's in the last year of his contract so we could see him moved for a pick (picks?).
    the next pick was a tackle so he was probably not going to be there at 25.  I think it's worth an extra 4th and 6th to get a left tackle.  might be the 2nd most important position in football.  
    I'm nitpicking, I'm fine with the actual pick. Just don't know if you had to trade up for a T there. 22 would've been Brown, 23 would've been Dillard, 24 would've been Jacobs, and you would've landed Tytus Howard at 25. Again, I'm fine with the pick because it takes care of a long-term need to keep your $30M+ QB upright, so I can live with it. I am also going off the assumption that they're going to make one or two trades to gain some picks. Wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down with one of these 2's.

Very much appreciate being in a division with the Giants and Redskins right now.
    The Athletic's draft guy had him as the 9th best player in the draft. 

Agreed. And I'm all for inducting Dave Gettleman into the Eagles Honor Roll at some point. That man is a national treasure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

Agreed. And I'm all for inducting Dave Gettleman into the Eagles Honor Roll at some point. That man is a national treasure. 
    My phone buzzed for a solid 2 minutes after they picked Jones.
    Comments about how he looks, how the way he looks predicts his success, the school he played for, the GM being a moron, several anti-Mannings cracks, and even an attack on his coach (w/Manning connections)...calling him David Cuntlip.

Was the best moment of the draft.  (Even better than my favorite team selecting an injury prone whackadoo DE (Bosa)  when they could have picked Allen.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Comments about how he looks, how the way he looks predicts his success, the school he played for, the GM being a moron, several anti-Mannings cracks, and even an attack on his coach (w/Manning connections)...calling him David Cuntlip.

Was the best moment of the draft.  (Even better than my favorite team selecting an injury prone whackadoo DE (Bosa)  when they could have picked Allen.)

Someone sent me something that said he looks like the guy they would cast to play eli manning in a peyton manning biopic
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

Someone sent me something that said he looks like the guy they would cast to play eli manning in a peyton manning biopic
    :lol:
    Better than my "He looks like the offspring of Sloth and the old bitch from Throw Mamma From The Train"
    Not sure if my buddy remembered that the "old bitch" was also in Goonies

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

:lol:
    Better than my "He looks like the offspring of Sloth and the old bitch from Throw Mamma From The Train"
    Not sure if my buddy remembered that the "old bitch" was also in Goonies

HAHA.   Yeah, that's redundant.
    edited April 2019
    Four of my buddies and I were texting to our one friend who's a Giants fan RELENTLESSLY after that pick last night He never replied once.

I hope he is still alive, actually...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited April 2019
    Love what they did in round 1.  Hate what they did tonight.  Penn St garbage and Todd Pinkston Jr.  They're overcompensating for Foles leaving.  Loading up on offense so Wentz is comfortable.  I get it but shitty sanders and Pinkston 2 aren't going to prevent Wentz from getting injured again.  Love Wentz but it's a prove it year for him.  Stay on the field and do your thing.

Roster has some weaknesses on defense (safety - maybe they're going to finally move douglas to safety where he belongs).  Would have liked to see them fill some other holes before unnecessarily reaching for a RB w such a high pick -- esp when the guy isn't anything special.  I also still think clement is good (josh adams sucks though - get rid of that dude).  RBs are a dime a dozen.  

I like Roseman and have a lot of respect for how he runs shit, but I do not like what they did tonight.  Not a little bit.  Now trade Agholor and his ryan howard hands -- and get some more picks.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited April 2019
    ^ Todd Pinkston Jr? 

I don't much about this guy but I see he is an inch shorter and outweighs Pinkston by a good 45 pounds. Better comparisons seems to be Alshon Jr maybe. Big possession receiver....
    chinese-happy.jpg

Wentz certainly has a ton of weapons this year....

Dean Brugler's summaries-

Andre Dillard

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Washington State, Dillard played in a two-point stance at left tackle in Mike Leach’s air-raid offense, taking over from another three-year starter (Joe Dahl). With wide splits and a quick-strike passing attack, it can be tough to evaluate offensive linemen in WSU’s offense, but Dillard was dominant over his career (allowed only one sack in 2018) and is the highest-graded senior offensive lineman in this class. There are times when he looks defenseless vs. long-armed linemen, but he plays smooth, intellectually sound and will be even better once he improves his hand placement and reach timing. Overall, Dillard is a better pass protector than run blocker right now, but he is a quick-minded player with the light feet and core power to play multiple positions in the NFL, including left tackle.

GRADE: 1st Round (#9 overall)

Miles Sanders

Summary: A one-year starter at Penn State, Sanders patiently waited his turn behind Saquon Barkley for two seasons before taking over as the starter in the Nittany Lions’ RPO-heavy scheme. He finished second in the Big Ten (behind Wisconsin’s Jonathan Taylor) with 1,274 rushing yards in 2018, which was 3 more yards than Barkley’s 1,271 total in 2017. Although he isn’t naturally explosive and not as likely to juke NFL defenders, Sanders is able to create yardage for himself with his reactive run style. He is a reliable pass catcher but must become more dependable as a blocker and cut down on the fumbles for an NFL play-caller to trust him. Overall, Sanders isn’t a sudden athlete or hammer inside, but his combination of awareness, balance and pacing allows him to instinctively sort through the trash, slip tackle attempts and find creases.

Grade: Third round (No. 76 overall).

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Summary: A two-year starter at Stanford, Arcega-Whiteside improved each season in the Cardinal pro-style scheme, finishing second in school history with 28 receiving touchdowns. The best compliment you can give a wideout is when everyone knows where the ball is going, yet it can’t be stopped — and that’s often how it felt studying Arcega-Whiteside in jump-ball situations. His basketball background and bloodlines are evident in the way he boxes out and rebounds the football, especially in the end zone. Arcega-Whiteside doesn’t create consistent separation vs. press or at the top of routes due to upright, rigid movements. However, he has a unique ability to body corners and finish contested catches, extending his long arms and high-pointing with focus. Overall, Arcega-Whiteside lacks route savvy, but he physically dominates at the catch point and projects as a specialized receiver who can be more with added refinement in his patterns.

Grade: Second-third round (No. 67 overall).

Shareef Miller

Summary: A two-year starter at Penn State, Miller was the starting left defensive end in the Nittany Lions’ four-man front. His production steadily improved each of the last three seasons and he shared the team’s 2018 Defensive Player of the Year award with Amani Oruwariye. Miller is a determined chaser with the contact balance and mindset to hold up in the run game. He is a see-ball, get-ball defender and flashes a burst out of his stance, but his edge speed tends to stall due to immature handwork, limiting his opportunities to win the corner. Overall, Miller doesn’t play with natural pass rush instincts or a semblance of a plan, but he has a projectable body with a consistent motor, projecting as a developmental base end with room to grow.

Grade: 5th-6th Round

Clayton Thorson

Summary: A four-year starter at Northwestern, Thorson won the starting job as a true freshman (replacing Trevor Siemian) and started all 53 games the last four years, despite a torn ACL in the 2017 bowl game (shared snaps with T.J. Green in the first few games). He holds the school records for passing yards (10,731) and passing touchdowns (61). Thorson is a balanced passer with smooth footwork and the arm to unleash impressive throws, but he needs to improve his downfield placement and decision-making to live up to his potential. While he is comfortable “dotting the i” with his fastball, he doesn’t show the same timing or touch on layered throws. Overall, Thorson projects similar to a Jeff Driskel type of NFL prospect: good-sized athlete with a strong arm and intangibles, but inconsistent reads and erratic accuracy project him as more of a journeyman NFL quarterback.

Grade: 5th-6th Round

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Took my son to visit Clemson this weekend. My wife and I went down to the Marriott Courtyard bar Friday night and sitting all by himself was Phil Simms. Nice and funny guy. Talked to him off and on for about 10-15min.  He liked the Eagles pick and wasn't thrilled about The Giants pick at 6. He said he was with Eagles fans in Miami the night before and felt like we lost our edge and are just like all the other fans now that we've won a SB. I told him he was right. At one point his phone buzzed and he looked at it. I asked if it was Gettleman and he rolled his eyes. I asked about his SB's and he said the Bills had way too much talent not to win a SB. He said they were one of the most poorly coached teams and they partied hard. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Birds just got themselves a male cheerleader. Holy shit I can't wait for the response in this town. Or the dudes next to me at work. This is the shit I live for.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Juggler got a new job?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    May not be a bad gig, 1 guy and 30 lovely ladies.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Juggler's no dummy.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    JK_Livin said:
    May not be a bad gig, 1 guy and 30 lovely ladies.
    saw the guy interviewed. uhh those ladies don't have to worry about being hit on.
    Good moving bringing Wisniewski back. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Douglas may go to NY
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Eagles' Long announces retirement
    26m ago
    Icon Sportswire / Getty
    PHILADELPHIA PA - DECEMBER 23 Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Chris Long 56 marches off the field victorious after the NFL game between the Houston Texans and the Philadelphia Eagles on December 23 2018 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia PA

Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Chris Long is hanging up his cleats after an 11-year NFL career.

The 34-year-old took to social media on Saturday to announce the news.

Cheers. Been a hell of a journey. Eleven years and I can honestly say I put my soul into every minute of it. Highs and lows. I’ve seen them both and I appreciate the perspective. Gratitude and love to those who lifted me up.

7,407 people are talking about this

The St. Louis Rams selected Long with the second overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. After spending his first eight NFL seasons with the Rams, Long joined the New England Patriots for one campaign before spending his final two seasons with the Eagles.

Long, a native of Santa Monica, Calif., was at his statistical best from 2010-13 in St. Louis, recording at least 8.5 sacks in each of those four seasons.

He captured back-to-back Super Bowls in 2016 (with the Patriots) and 2017 (with the Eagles) and was named the 2018 Walter Payton Man of the Year for his extensive charity work and community service.

The Eagles will be left with a hole in their front seven, though they could look to their talented prospect pool to help fill the void.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    that sucks
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Tough day for the division, Foster and Zeke.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer