Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    Someone mentioned the crypts.  That has to be some kind f foreshadowing, no?

The crypts come to life and start taking out everyone hiding down there.

Wouldn't that be something?!?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    But if he can bring any/every dead person back, this show would've been over already.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    Between the new show intro that takes a trip down into the crypt, and the numerous mentions of the crypt for those who will not be fighting...something must be going on with it.

Also might buy into the Kings Landing theory. But how else could Tormund and his group have gotten back in front of the White Walkers after the WW were in front of them on their way to Winterfell.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Not to mention Bran's dreams in the 1st season where the 3 Eyed Raven was leading him into the crypt...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    JK_Livin said:
    But if he can bring any/every dead person back, this show would've been over already.
    I believe there is a limitation hence why they had to drag the dragon out from the bottom of the water.darwinstheory said:
    Between the new show intro that takes a trip down into the crypt, and the numerous mentions of the crypt for those who will not be fighting...something must be going on with it.

Also might buy into the Kings Landing theory. But how else could Tormund and his group have gotten back in front of the White Walkers after the WW were in front of them on their way to Winterfell.
    Tormund had mentioned that they had to go around them and that they would be there very soon.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    I believe there is a limitation hence why they had to drag the dragon out from the bottom of the water.darwinstheory said:

Tormund had mentioned that they had to go around them and that they would be there very soon.
    I recall that part, but it just seems odd for them to have regrouped and been able to get around such a large army in the harshest conditions. I guess it would depend on how much time elapsed as well. 

I guess I should also keep in mind that we're discussing an army of dead folks and a flying ice dragon, sooo....maybe I should just shut up.  =)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    You would think that the two "alive" dragons would have a serious advantage over the ice dragon if the dead's main weakness is fire.  You could dig a fire moat around Winterfell and wait for the ice dragon to get roasted. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2019
    A fire moat?

:rofl:
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    Someone mentioned the crypts.  That has to be some kind f foreshadowing, no?

The crypts come to life and start taking out everyone hiding down there.

Wouldn't that be something?!?
    That would be a crazy twist. I never got the impression he can bring back people who have been dead a while. BUt that would be almost funny to see the crypts come to life.
  • Options
    Considering the night king had a shitload of soldiers before hitting the wilding strongholds, I wonder what the time limitation is on his reanimating the dead ...
  • Options
    dankind said:
    A fire moat?

Hey now, it could work  =)

better strategy then dummy Aegon could come up with.  He has already been killed once by his own men for his idiot decisions and had his butt saved countless times by other dummy decisions he has made. And now he just decided to serve a poop sandwich to the dragon queen before going to fight the army of the dead. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    dankind said:
    A fire moat?

Hey now, it could work  =)

better strategy then dummy Aegon could come up with.  He has already been killed once by his own men for his idiot decisions and had his butt saved countless times by other dummy decisions he has made. And now he just decided to serve a poop sandwich to the dragon queen before going to fight the army of the dead. 
    Dude, did you see that Glasgow is hosting the first ever KeanuCon?

https://nerdist.com/article/keanu-reeves-film-festival-keanucon/

Get thee hence, mage. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Get your ass to Glasgow!

• Options
    Is it Sunday yet?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    Jason P said:
    Considering the night king had a shitload of soldiers before hitting the wilding strongholds, I wonder what the time limitation is on his reanimating the dead ...
    Yes, but that could have been over hundreds or thousands of years. They would of had no way of kill them, as wildlings didnt have dragon glass or valyerian steel. The dead don't die, so his army could literally be a thousands years in the making.
  • Options
    I found this scene from next week's episode!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Was reading something where someone claims they think that little girl who was talking to Sir Davos in last week's episode is actually the red woman.  She couldn't get anywhere near Winterfell as the Red Woman so they think she's doing her magic to get close to the action.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Jason P said:
    You would think that the two "alive" dragons would have a serious advantage over the ice dragon if the dead's main weakness is fire.  You could dig a fire moat around Winterfell and wait for the ice dragon to get roasted. 
    Is there still a bunch of that explosive stuff left in King's Landing? 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Jason P said:
    Is there still a bunch of that explosive stuff left in King's Landing? 
    I think there is a bunch left.  From what I remember there was supposed to be enough of it to take out the whole city. 
    Don't know for sure though. 
    That would have been useful to have a bunch of that stuff for the upcoming war.  Put a bunch of it outside Winterfell, as the army approaches..."poof". 
  • Options
    I think Cersie found the widfire and used it to take out the High Sparrow.  In the books the mad king hid it all over the city as MCA noted.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    why doesn't bran just warg into a wight and kill the fucking night king? done.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    mca47 said:
    Was reading something where someone claims they think that little girl who was talking to Sir Davos in last week's episode is actually the red woman.  She couldn't get anywhere near Winterfell as the Red Woman so they think she's doing her magic to get close to the action.
    That makes sense. Before she left for Volantis, Varys told her she would be in danger if she ever returned to Westeros. She replied with something to the effect of she will die on a final voyage to Westeros.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    mca47 said:
    That makes sense. Before she left for Volantis, Varys told her she would be in danger if she ever returned to Westeros. She replied with something to the effect of she will die on a final voyage to Westeros.
    I read that too, but I’d be a little disappointed if it was true. We’ve never seen her use her magic to change into other people before (apart from keeping herself looking young), so it would be strange if she suddenly started doing it now.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I can't be alone in being frustrated as fuck at three quarters of that episode being so damn dark that I had a tough time telling what in the hell was going on.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    I can't be alone in being frustrated as fuck at three quarters of that episode being so damn dark that I had a tough time telling what in the hell was going on.
    Yep... it’s all over TV & Cinema, no one knows how to shoot in the dark

howard Stern has been railing about it for a while

good stuff nonetheless.... between tonight & earlier today watching Avengers... some Epic battles 
  • Options
    I agree! But I think that's their goal. Spend the effort squinting and trying to keep up, dizzy buy going through the tunnels, confused with the different scenes throughout.
  • Options
    FIRE MOAT!
  • Options
    Yeah, I really look forward to watching that in 4K blu ray in the future.  Seemed like 720P and was hard to make out details.