MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Jason P said:
    Not knowing anything of Tim Anderson, I saw the ESPN headline where he was suspended one game for using the N-word.  My first thought was I can't believe that is only 1 game in this day and age and how in the hell does he face his teammates after saying something like that.  That is pretty much a career ender that gets you thrown off onto the island of misfit toys.  Then I saw a picture of Tim Anderson.  Good thing his last name isn't Tebow ...
    Perhaps his last name should be Hader instead...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    I believe he is still working his way back from injury, extended spring training.  
    Reds have got to start hitting at some point.  Senzel might be the spark they need.  Iglasias has done fine at short but they could put Senzel at 2B and Peraza back at SS.

Didn't they try Senzel in the OF too?

I know he has an ankle injury that he is getting over but i still want him brought up!
    Judge out with an oblique strain.  That is a bad injury to have...  That team is falling apart w injuries.

Talks of Lindor leaving the Indians.  That would be really dumb to lose him.  Great ball player.

Yelich is playing some serious ball right now.

Braves young club is something i will enjoy watching for years.

Carlos Correa is underrated.

Bring up SENZEL!!!
    I am hoping Judge is back after the all star break at this point.

No chance Lindor stays.  They owner said something like enjoy him while you have him.
    So that is why the Lindor chatter came up?

Lucky is the team that lands him.  What a talent that guy is!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I believe he is still working his way back from injury, extended spring training.  
    Reds have got to start hitting at some point.  Senzel might be the spark they need.  Iglasias has done fine at short but they could put Senzel at 2B and Peraza back at SS.

Didn't they try Senzel in the OF too?

I know he has an ankle injury that he is getting over but i still want him brought up!
    Yes, they wanted him to play Center.
    Issue is they have Puig, Winker, Schebler, Kemp, and Dietrich as legitimate options in the OF.  Center is probably just Winker and Schebler, so that is why that looked like the spot.
    However, they now have a hole at 2B.  Iglesias is a wizard with the glove but they are better with Peraza working his way into hitting again and using them both at SS and rolling with the kid @ 2B.  5 OF is too many, already, and they are starting to get production there.

Pitching has been far better than advertised and they are wasting it if they cannot hit better.  (And Alex Wood has yet to join...figure he will bump Mahle or Diso)

Almost unbelievable they are not at least at .500 with the SP they received so far. 

Senzel could just be the catalyst they need.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    And, if he hits as people expect he may then I have no issue with him forcing one of the OF options to the bench once Scooter is back.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Remember when the Yankees said they weren't going to sign Harper because they have too many outfields and now they literally do not have another one on the 40 man roster?  Can never have too many good players.
    Remember when the Yankees said they weren't going to sign Harper because they have too many outfields and now they literally do not have another one on the 40 man roster?  Can never have too many good players.
    They do have a hell of a lot of them, though.
    Frazier is raking and dude was not even in the bigs to start the season.
    Nobody should expect the horrid injury luck that the Jankees have had this season...
    They do have a hell of a lot of them, though.
    Frazier is raking and dude was not even in the bigs to start the season.
    Nobody should expect the horrid injury luck that the Jankees have had this season...
    Frazier is the man.  Glad he is making the most of his opportunity.  A big season for his career.

I hear you.  Kinda venting, kinda stupid the Yankees didn't go after him.
    Vlad!
    I loved the reply of Rhys taking that idiot pitcher yard last night and then taking baby steps around the bases to the tune of a 34 second home run trot.  "Unwritten rules" can suck it.  Probably one of the Mets will be a baby and throw at Hoskins, again, for this...but I commend Hoskins for not punching the shit out of the idiot the other night when he brought a fastball behind his shoulders.  I am sure it had to feel good -- and where was the tough guy pitcher challenging Hoskins without the ball in his hand while Hoskins "showed him up" by slow trotting to his homer.  Ha!  I loved this.
    Most hype for a prospect since Harper?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Vlad 0-2. What a bust
    I miss igotid88
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    "nerd alert" ... MLB The Show made Vlad Jr. the 3rd best player in the game (including legends), even better then Mike Trout.  Obviously some Toronto fanboys are in the development team.
    Ummm, Carter Kieboom first game HR?

No one is excited about that?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Jason P said:
    "nerd alert" ... MLB The Show made Vlad Jr. the 3rd best player in the game (including legends), even better then Mike Trout.  Obviously some Toronto fanboys are in the development team.

Good lord!! His dad was never even one of the 3 best in the league. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Jason P said:
    That's probably a "future stars" diamond dynasty card though. He won't be the 3rd best on the real rosters. 

Still dumb though. I don't like those "future stars" cards. Last year, I had an 87 overall Victor Robles on my team that was better than a late-in-his-career Babe Ruth card. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Jason P said:
    I remember playing Madden back in the day and using Terrell Davis on every play.  He rushed for 600yds every game for me.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

I have no idea who he is but the name is cool. KE-BOOM!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

I have no idea who he is but the name is cool. KE-BOOM!
    He is one of the upcoming youngsters that will be making a splash.

So this year so far we have Kieboom, Tatis Jr, Urias, Guerrero, Jiminez and Tucker.

Still looking for Mize, Senzel, Madrigal, Adell, Maitan and maybe McKinzie Gore? 
    Also Yelich got hurt and Bellinger has a huge April.  It tool Yelich to get hurt in order for people to notice what he did.  Now if Seager starts hitting that Dodgers team will be fire.
    Votto has lost his hitting magic the last year+.  Once he regains he can lay off the other pitches.  Crazy that he has been in such a funk...shows how consistent he was before
    OK, Senzel is up to start tonight, by all reports.
    Hopefully he doesn't trip over something and get hurt, or see the vertigo return.

2016 #2 pick overall....have already seen 2 pitchers from that draft come up for the Padres (Lauer, Lucchesi) and the Mets have a big bopper in Pete Alonso.  Would be amazing if Senzel could have the type of start.  Kieboom is struggling but should be good.

OK, Senzel is up to start tonight, by all reports.
    Hopefully he doesn't trip over something and get hurt, or see the vertigo return.

2016 #2 pick overall....have already seen 2 pitchers from that draft come up for the Padres (Lauer, Lucchesi) and the Mets have a big bopper in Pete Alonso.  Would be amazing if Senzel could have the type of start.  Kieboom is struggling but should be good.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Finally!!!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

My friend Dan went to the O’s game on Monday and ran into Kim Thayil.  Anyone have a clue as to why he’d be in Baltimore? I haven’t been able to find anything. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

My friend Dan went to the O’s game on Monday and ran into Kim Thayil.  Anyone have a clue as to why he’d be in Baltimore? I haven’t been able to find anything. 

that’s cool.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14