A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    If you haven't already seen them, look up Creepy Bran Meme. Some of them are quite funny.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The dragon flying scene is important because if Jon does take his claim as Aegon he doesn’t have any real proof except he is now a proven dragon rider and only the Targareons have claim to fly them. 
    Time for theories...  I think Cersei will double cross Euron and have the Golden company slaughter the iron born and steal the fleet and rid herself of the Greyjoy threat.  Those elephants are showing up sooner or later. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I just wish Euron would go away.  It seems like he is going to play some major part in what happens, and I don't feel like he is a well-invested character in the show.

As far as 'theories'...  gotta think that weapon Arya designed is either going to take out a wight-dragon or a night king.  Bran is going to have some sort of huge part to play in the conclusion of the war between living/dead.

Bronn will be an interesting case.  He is going to be faced with a decision to either keep being the world's most successful independent sellsword, or spare/join his 'friends' in the Lannister bros.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    A couple cheesy moments but it was worth the wait. How was Sam not around when Jon and Dany showed up? That delayed meeting seemed odd to me.

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I also thought it was really well done how Dany/Jon's arrival to Winterfell was made to mimic Robert's arrival in the first episode, down to the music I believe
    Part of me wanted Arya and The Hound to hug but then I was like, nah.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    I was so interested in all the Arya reunions, I totally overlooked Sansa & Tyrion seeing each other for the first time since Joffrey’s wedding. 
    I also overlooked Jaime & Bran seeing each other again. Those scenes were well done. 

The pre-show montage was phenomenal too, especially counting down from 8 & showing a crucial scene for each season. 

I have my reservations about how well they can pull it all together in only 5 more episodes, but I’m looking forward to it regardless.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited April 2019
    Something else I noticed: the sun was shining particularly bright for the Arya / Jon reunion. It was pretty appropriate for a show that can’t have  many bright / happy moments left in it. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    So much awkward!!

Always sorta hoped for it but that episode definitely gave hints to a Dany heel turn, particularly the Sam scenes. Which where expertly acted btw.

Hard to traverse the path of so many anticipated reunions but they showed why this is one of the best shows ever from top to bottom.

Some things that people are dismissing as fan service are things that absolutely need to happen and the same people that complaining about it are the same type that threw their hands in the air after the millionth shocking death.

Bran is hilariously creepy and I love that they’ve run with it...”waiting on an old friend”. He’s even disconnected emotionally from his own backstory.
    Bran the Boring
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    DewieCox said:
    So much awkward!!

Always sorta hoped for it but that episode definitely gave hints to a Dany heel turn, particularly the Sam scenes. Which where expertly acted btw.

Hard to traverse the path of so many anticipated reunions but they showed why this is one of the best shows ever from top to bottom.

Some things that people are dismissing as fan service are things that absolutely need to happen and the same people that complaining about it are the same type that threw their hands in the air after the millionth shocking death.

Bran is hilariously creepy and I love that they’ve run with it...”waiting on an old friend”. He’s even disconnected emotionally from his own backstory.

Yep.  Easy to forget how long it has been since some of these people have seen each other.  Jon and Arya hadn't seen each other since season 1!  This will by far be the "happiest" episode of the season.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    A lot of call backs to the first episode which was great.

The culling is probably coming in episode 3.  Will be fun to see the reactions.  
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Hopefully all of the "fan service" stuff is out of the way and they can move on.  That part bothered me a bit, but knowing they only have 5 episodes left, i'm glad they did it first.  
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Next week should be interesting for Jaime in Winterfell. He gets to confront both Bran and probably Daenerys as well.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    How about Cersei enlisting Bronn to take out both of her brothers as well. I think that gonna backfire for sure.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Why would Cersei hire the one guy she doesn’t trust who is also friends with the two guys she wants to murder, especially when Tyrion will double the price?  Especially when Bronn knows the dragons have the ultimate advantage in a war?
    It could be the white walkers ultimate goal is to force the seven kingdoms to use large barrels of corn syrup in their brewing process....
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Jason P said:
    It could be the white walkers ultimate goal is to force the seven kingdoms to use large barrels of corn syrup in their brewing process....

GRRM realized he won’t finish the last 2 books but wanted to cash in on the parts he worked on so he sold the ending to AmBev.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    :lol:.      
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    If HBO really wanted to cash in they would leave the final episode as a cliffhanger and then announce a trilogy of films to hit theaters. Disney would do it in a heartbeat.  It would infuriate everyone but still make them at least ten billion dollars. 
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:

GRRM realized he won’t finish the last 2 books but wanted to cash in on the parts he worked on so he sold the ending to AmBev.
    Holy shit ... all those years of the Coors Light train bringing snow and corn syrup beer to large groups of diverse hip twenty-something years olds trapped in hot humid conditions... its all been a setup for the final episodes!  
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Jason P said:
    DewieCox said:
    Jason P said:

Holy shit ... all those years of the Coors Light train bringing snow and corn syrup beer to large groups of diverse hip twenty-something years olds trapped in hot humid conditions... its all been a setup for the final episodes!  

Sooo.....FUCK....from the snow and mountains....Coors Light must be the beer equivalent to white walkers. Welp, that would explain my blue eyes and overly pale complexion. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    What ever happened to Brienne of Tarth???????

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

She just had a cameo this episode. She was in the crowd when Jon and Dany came through the Winterfell gate.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    JK_Livin said:

She just had a cameo this episode. She was in the crowd when Jon and Dany came through the Winterfell gate.
    Damn, missed that!  I guess I'll re-watch tonight. Thank you!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Jason P said:
    Why would Cersei hire the one guy she doesn’t trust who is also friends with the two guys she wants to murder, especially when Tyrion will double the price?  Especially when Bronn knows the dragons have the ultimate advantage in a war?
    Not to mention he is her ex in real life, I wouldn't trust him at all.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Bran is the worst.  Always just creepily sitting in the corner being all weird.  It would be really lame if he ended up on the throne....he has been the betting favorite for awhile now..
    No way. I haven't seen or heard anyone say he is their top seed for the throne. It wouldnt make any sense either. He doesn't consider himself a Stark or even human anymore. He's just the tree spirit dude ever since the cave scene in season 4 (I think?). Ned Stark has a better chance of being reanimated and taking the throne than he does.
    those putting odds on it have bran at or near the top.  I cannot figure out the path where that happens.  Honestly have no idea where that character ends up.

If I had to bet, I would say the Iron Throne is destroyed/abolished
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    MayDay10 said:
    those putting odds on it have bran at or near the top.  I cannot figure out the path where that happens.  Honestly have no idea where that character ends up.

If I had to bet, I would say the Iron Throne is destroyed/abolished
    The fan theories I've seen basically give him those odds because of his greensight and ability to warg. He would have knowledge of his enemies plans and have the ability to stop it easily. They make decent cases, but unless Bran is really, really slowplaying for the throne, he just doesn't seem to have the desire for it.

My favorite fan theory is the one that about Bran being the Night King. Seemed like there were a few holes in that theory, but entertaining nonetheless.

Fwiw, I'm pulling for Arya to win the iron throne.