#FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

#FHP
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Masters Weekend

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Best brewery in Wisconsin
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ nice. Never had it. I’ve always enjoyed new glarus, but admittedly I don’t drink a ton of WI beer. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ nice. Never had it. I’ve always enjoyed new glarus, but admittedly I don’t drink a ton of WI beer. 
    They’re only about 4-5 years old, just outside of Milwaukee.  A few doctor’s actually started the brewery and they make some really potent stuff, but with a lot of flavor.  It’s been my favorite since we moved here 7 years ago.  New Glarus is awesome as well.  They do really well on pales and pilsners.  More “warm weather” type of beer.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

Picked up a 12 pack of an assortment reserve collection and enjoyed the extra little kick this porter gave.
    It's a hopeless situation...

Haven’t been posting many beers lately, but this DIPA is dynamite. Arguably Chicagoland’s best brewery right now; Hop Butcher. This is a nod to Chicago style hot dogs with the “Neon Green Relish” name. I can assure you it doesn’t taste like relish! Lol 

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    This weekends options....

Dammmmmn! Those do look like some tasty beverages. Enjoy! First amazing weather weekend so time to enjoy a few brews here too.
    tbergs said:

Dammmmmn! Those do look like some tasty beverages. Enjoy! First amazing weather weekend so time to enjoy a few brews here too.
    All part of my new diet......

'I feel like I'm in my 20s': Ohio man's Lenten, beer-only fast comes to an end

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/04/19/beer-only-lent-fast-cincinnati-easter-sunday/3517960002/
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    Haven’t been posting many beers lately, but this DIPA is dynamite. Arguably Chicagoland’s best brewery right now; Hop Butcher. This is a nod to Chicago style hot dogs with the “Neon Green Relish” name. I can assure you it doesn’t taste like relish! Lol 

That might be my favorite beer from Hop Butcher.  So damn good.  Happy they brought it back so quickly again!
    Pizza making and a cold beer. Pop it in the oven and switch to red wine.
    bbiggs said:

That might be my favorite beer from Hop Butcher.  So damn good.  Happy they brought it back so quickly again!
    Agreed! 
    Break O'Day Juicy IPA while at the New Glarus Brewing Company

This weekends options...

Tasty!

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I could definitely go for a nice hazy juicy IPA today. Despite the fucking snow falling outside now.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Murdered by Crows - Gathering Place Brewing (Coffee Rye Stout)

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072

This 12 year vertical (2007-2018) of BCBS was epic. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    ^ Nice work! That’s impressive.  How did the older ones taste? 12 years is a long time. 
    Timewind. Double IPA by Tired Hands. Brewed with Earl Grey tea. You can taste in the after taste. Good beer

chinese-happy.jpg

This 12 year vertical (2007-2018) of BCBS was epic. 
    I like your kitchen. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Nice work! That’s impressive.  How did the older ones taste? 12 years is a long time. 
    They all held up mostly.  The 2007 was, as expected, the worst of them from an age standpoint.  The 2012 and 2014 were the best by a decent margin.  2008 was still great...but on the verge.  
    hippiemom = goodness
    We did mix all the years together to make 1 beer as well...it made it average unfortunately. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    bbiggs said:
    They all held up mostly.  The 2007 was, as expected, the worst of them from an age standpoint.  The 2012 and 2014 were the best by a decent margin.  2008 was still great...but on the verge.  
    Good stuff. So 5-6 years seems to be the sweet spot. I usually drink them before they reach that point, but I have some from 16, 17 and 18 I’ll let reach the 5 year mark. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good stuff. So 5-6 years seems to be the sweet spot. I usually drink them before they reach that point, but I have some from 16, 17 and 18 I’ll let reach the 5 year mark. 
    Yes, we thought 4-6 years...but 2013 was significantly not as good as 2012 and 2014.  Not sure why.  Depending on how many you have of each year, I'd try 1 at 4, 5 & 6 and see what you think.  Though everyone is different, the 2012 and 2014 were the favorites of everyone and we didnt share ranks until done. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Yes, we thought 4-6 years...but 2013 was significantly not as good as 2012 and 2014.  Not sure why.  Depending on how many you have of each year, I'd try 1 at 4, 5 & 6 and see what you think.  Though everyone is different, the 2012 and 2014 were the favorites of everyone and we didnt share ranks until done. 
    12 & 14 were very good years so that might have something to do with it.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    So someone had brought this up on LD about GOT beers.  I counted them last night and there are 16 of them.  If you count the ones they reissued then there are 19 I believe.

I have them all including the Knight King.  I'll have to take a pic of them all together.  I tried finding more info on line but found nothing with them all in a row.