The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Back to back losses against Big East teams? Come on Nova, you're better than that!
    isn't that 3 out of 4? since Juggler was pumping them up :)
    No.....it's only 2 out of 3 national championships.

Little sour since the juggler curse has taken hold? I swear as soon as you pump any team up they go into a spin.  I wouldn’t worry big guy jay will right the ship again. Just let it ride out
    Huh? They’re 20-7 and better than I thought they’d be after losing their four best players.

But by all means, please continue to talk shit about a few losses in February. It’s so cute!
    how is saying a fact (loss 3 out of 4) talking shit? fuck i even said not to worry as Jay will turn it around. some people...
    When you win national championships every other year, a few losses in an anticipated down season aren’t quite that big a deal. 

Martelli finally gonna stop living off 2004 now? Are they gonna move on? 

rollie massimino lived off whatever year, got a fat check from UNLV and didn’t do shit.

speaking of UNLV, they just hired their umpteenth coach since Tark.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Back to back losses against Big East teams? Come on Nova, you're better than that!
    isn't that 3 out of 4? since Juggler was pumping them up :)
    No.....it's only 2 out of 3 national championships.

Little sour since the juggler curse has taken hold? I swear as soon as you pump any team up they go into a spin.  I wouldn’t worry big guy jay will right the ship again. Just let it ride out
    Huh? They’re 20-7 and better than I thought they’d be after losing their four best players.

But by all means, please continue to talk shit about a few losses in February. It’s so cute!
    how is saying a fact (loss 3 out of 4) talking shit? fuck i even said not to worry as Jay will turn it around. some people...
    When you win national championships every other year, a few losses in an anticipated down season aren’t quite that big a deal. 

Martelli finally gonna stop living off 2004 now? Are they gonna move on? 

rollie massimino lived off whatever year, got a fat check from UNLV and didn’t do shit.

speaking of UNLV, they just hired their umpteenth coach since Tark.
    Rollie was let go 7 years after winning the title. Martelli somehow stayed around for 15 years after getting to the Elite 8
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Nate Pierre-Louis from Roselle Catholic(NJ) who was going to UNLV, is now going to Temple.

Jameer Nelson on his son:

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    cutz said:
    Nate Pierre-Louis from Roselle Catholic(NJ) who was going to UNLV, is now going to Temple.

Pierre-Louis - isn't his brother already at Temple?

Jameer Jr. - A10 was probably a step up for Jameer Jr. but gave him the chance because of who he is.  he is probably better off at a lower level.

More important for Lange to keep as many of the current players around and to convince Hakim Hart to stay with SJU.  

pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

Pierre-Louis - isn't his brother already at Temple?

Jameer Jr. - A10 was probably a step up for Jameer Jr. but gave him the chance because of who he is.  he is probably better off at a lower level.

More important for Lange to keep as many of the current players around and to convince Hakim Hart to stay with SJU.  

Yes, he is the brother of the Nate Pierre-Lewis. I've seen him play a few times and i think he'll do well at Temple. 

I've only seen Jameer JR. play one time, but the people i talk to who are in the know, said A-10 was the highest level for him at best. Though, he's gonna Prep a year so maybe he'll improve? We shall see.

I wonder if he'll be able convince keep Hakim Hart to stay at SJU. (reading between the Tweeted lines by Hart, it may be difficult. We shall see).
    Just read that St. Joe PG Jared Bynum(Frosh) has entered the Transfer Portal. Though, he hasn't ruled out staying at SJU.
    cutz said:
    Just read that St. Joe PG Jared Bynum(Frosh) has entered the Transfer Portal. Though, he hasn't ruled out staying at SJU.
    Yup saw that. Hope he stays. Really like his game, he’s small so not sure he can transfer up, hopefully Lange can convince him to stay.  Could be a big roster turnover for hawks
    Quinerly transferring from Nova.  Weird that Jay took him last year after the Adidas scandal.  Interesting to see what he does now.
    pjhawks said:
    Quinerly transferring from Nova.  Weird that Jay took him last year after the Adidas scandal.  Interesting to see what he does now.
    Nova alum friend told me he heard Rutgers?

It was worth a shot with all the talent they lost last year. Just didn’t work out. He’s not Villanova material...or Penske, for that matter. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

It was worth a shot with all the talent they lost last year. Just didn’t work out. He’s not Villanova material...or Penske, for that matter. 
    It was for sure worth the shot. Kid was  a  really good player at Hudson Catholic.

I thought Jay Wright should've just thrown him out there and let him take his lumps, but i guess he wanted to lean on Booth more as a PG, and i get it because he earned it.

Only have Gillsepie as a PG. I know Justin Moore listed as a shooting guard, but can he play PG?  Only saw him play once so i don't know.(He did play mostly off the ball). A friend of mine saw him play a lot so i'll ask him if he thinks he can be a full time PG. I saw Bryan Antoine play quite a few times and he's a 2 all the way, though he has a nice handle.

I know what Penske material means, but i have no clue what Villanova material means>HAHAHA
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:

It was for sure worth the shot. Kid was  a  really good player at Hudson Catholic.

I thought Jay Wright should've just thrown him out there and let him take his lumps, but i guess he wanted to lean on Booth more as a PG, and i get it because he earned it.

Only have Gillsepie as a PG. I know Justin Moore listed as a shooting guard, but can he play PG?  Only saw him play once so i don't know.(He did play mostly off the ball). A friend of mine saw him play a lot so i'll ask him if he thinks he can be a full time PG. I saw Bryan Antoine play quite a few times and he's a 2 all the way, though he has a nice handle.

I know what Penske material means, but i have no clue what Villanova material means>HAHAHA
    I just thought it was odd jay taking him with the adidas Arizona baggage. I said it at the time too. Just didn’t think jay would want or need that. 

I also think at some point jay knew he was probably leaving and that’s why he stopped playing him. He has skill so will be interesting to see where he ends up. Rutgers coach is pretty defensive oriented so if he dnds up there that could be s curious pairing. He won’t    lack options that’s for sure

pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:

I just thought it was odd jay taking him with the adidas Arizona baggage. I said it at the time too. Just didn’t think jay would want or need that. 

I also think at some point jay knew he was probably leaving and that’s why he stopped playing him. He has skill so will be interesting to see where he ends up. Rutgers coach is pretty defensive oriented so if he dnds up there that could be s curious pairing. He won’t    lack options that’s for sure

You're probably right( Why Jay Wright stopped playing him).

I know i'm curious where he'll go. Agree about Rutgers, but if he does go there it may be because its close to home.

I also be curious to see if Jay Wright can get another point guard in now this late in the recruiting process. Maybe a Transfer/Grad Transfer?
    edited April 2019
    The first rumor that i've seen/heard:

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1113447392433643521?s=03

Pittsburgh will be strongly in the mix for @NovaMBB transfer Jahvon Quinerly, per sources.

7:25 AM - 3 Apr 2019

Post edited by cutz on
    I assume he's walking on?

I just saw him play on Tue.s, and once last Summer.

edited April 2019
    cutz said:

i think it's a scholarship. back up point guard since they need another guard.  

of course when the Sixers flame out and Jay is the next Sixers coach...

and Fresh Kimble to Louisville as a grad transfer. good move for him.
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

It is a scholarship.  I think he only had Low D-1 offers last year  and that's why he went to Prep at Perkiomen. 

The only 2 times i saw him he played off the ball. He has a nice shooting stroke, but  with Bryan Antoine & Justin Moore coming in next year it may be difficult to get on the court?

Big step up for Kimble?
    edited April 2019
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

It is a scholarship.  I think he only had Low D-1 offers last year  and that's why he went to Prep at Perkiomen. 

The only 2 times i saw him he played off the ball. He has a nice shooting stroke, but  with Bryan Antoine & Justin Moore coming in next year it may be difficult to get on the court?

Big step up for Kimble?
    I think Kimble will do really well at Louisville. He won’t have to be a primary scorer like he was for the hawks. He get to be a playmaker and leader. He will make big plays and has the philly toughness. As long as Louisville doesn’t get banged with this adidas stuff before end of next season. Will be cool seeing him in the acc. And I think Chris Mack is s great coach and will be really good for kimble
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    ^^I think Chris Mack is a good coach.^^
    Apparently UCLA offered Jay Wright double his salary to make a move and Jay said no.

God bless this man. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Apparently UCLA offered Jay Wright double his salary to make a move and Jay said no.

God bless this man. 
    I told you Jay is waiting for the Sixers.  I actually spoke with someone close to Jay back in January after Alford was fired and asked  if he would have any interest in UCLA and they said absolutely not. Besides I've heard UCLA really isn't a very attractive job these days. Poor facilities and lots of pressure to win big.  

pjhawks said:

God bless this man. 
    I told you Jay is waiting for the Sixers.  I actually spoke with someone close to Jay back in January after Alford was fired and asked  if he would have any interest in UCLA and they said absolutely not. Besides I've heard UCLA really isn't a very attractive job these days. Poor facilities and lots of pressure to win big.  

Money talks....except to people who are already at their dream job. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Here are some of the players Nova is recruiting, according to this guy.

He didn't Tweet the HS they play at.
    5-star SG Terrence Clarke-Brewster Academy (New Hampshire)
    5-star SF Trey Patterson-Rutgers Prep (NJ)
    5-star C Chet Holmgren-Minnehaha Academy, MN.)
    elite big man  Nanna Njoku-Sanford HS (DE.)
    5-star SG AJ Griffin-Archbishop Stepinac High School (NY)
    5-star PF Moussa Cisse-Christ The King (NY)
    4-star SG Trevor Keels-Paul VI (VA.)
    4-star PG Jordan Longino-Germantown Academy (PA.)

I've only seen Trevor keels play, twice and he's really good. Paul VI  plays in what a lot of people call the best League in the Country(WCAC).

I should be able to see Trey Patterson this Winter.

I tried to see Longino in April but he was a no-show. Friends say he's the real deal. He, was, a great football player(QB), but stopped playing during last season when he got hurt. Word is he's not playing football again, but we'll see when the season starts.
    cutz said:
    Here are some of the players Nova is recruiting, according to this guy.

He didn't Tweet the HS they play at.
    5-star SG Terrence Clarke-Brewster Academy (New Hampshire)
    5-star SF Trey Patterson-Rutgers Prep (NJ)
    5-star C Chet Holmgren-Minnehaha Academy, MN.)
    elite big man  Nanna Njoku-Sanford HS (DE.)
    5-star SG AJ Griffin-Archbishop Stepinac High School (NY)
    5-star PF Moussa Cisse-Christ The King (NY)
    4-star SG Trevor Keels-Paul VI (VA.)
    4-star PG Jordan Longino-Germantown Academy (PA.)

I've only seen Trevor keels play, twice and he's really good. Paul VI  plays in what a lot of people call the best League in the Country(WCAC).

I should be able to see Trey Patterson this Winter.

I tried to see Longino in April but he was a no-show. Friends say he's the real deal. He, was, a great football player(QB), but stopped playing during last season when he got hurt. Word is he's not playing football again, but we'll see when the season starts.
    they just got a transfer from Tulane who has 2 years left after sitting out this year. wonder how that impacts any of the above.

oh and in case juggler has forgotten - f nova :)

I like what Billy Lange has done for the Hawks so far.  seems to have a type of player in mind in recruiting.  gonna be an interesting year next year.
    I've seen this kid play plenty of times,  and he has to work on his shooting..... Big Time. He does everything else pretty well. Though, i'd like to see him improve his handle.

2020 SHOOTING GUARD JAHLIL ‘LIKES EVERYTHING ABOUT TEMPLE’

Jahlil White is a 6-6 2020 shooting guard with good all-around skill. He plays for Wildwood Catholic high school in North Wildwood, New Jersey. We had a talk about his recruitment and his development from the last college season.

LJ: How did it feel to get the Temple offer? What do you like about the Owl program?

Jahlil: It felt great to get an offer from Temple, knowing how good the program is and what the coaches have accomplished in their past. They also offered me in person when I visited. I like everything about Temple.

LJ: Your teammate Taj Thweatt recently released his top schools and included Temple. It’s no secret the Owls want you both. Have you and Taj talked about playing for Temple together?

Jahlil: Yes, we spoke about playing together at the next level and how cool that would be, but at the end of the day I want both of us to pick what’s best for us, whether that be us going together or splitting up.

LJ: What did you average last season? What were the stats from your best game?  

Jahlil: Last season I averaged 19 points per game, 7 boards, and 4 assists / my best game I had 30 points 10 rebounds and 10 assists.

LJ: What teams are recruiting you the hardest? What teams that haven’t offered are recruiting you?

Jahlil: Top 3 schools recruiting me the hardest would be Temple, Hofstra, Bowling Green / haven’t offered LaSalle, Delaware, St. Joes etc. 

LJ: What has been your best game this AAU season? What were your stats that game?

Jahlil: My best game was probably against Middlesex magic down in Pitt I had 23/8/5. 

LJ: What are your top schools right now?

Jahlil: I haven’t really narrowed my recruitment down yet, but Temple is definitely top 3.

LJ: What do programs like about you?

Jahlil: I believe they like my size and how I can run the point and also play all over the floor from the 1-5 etc. 

LJ: What do scouts see this season that has improved about your game?

Jahlil: I’m more under control, smarter, shooting with confidence, ball handlings gotten tighter; I improved my finishing around the rim and getting the basket when I want also making plays for my teammates.

LJ: When do you plan to visit Temple?

Jahlil: Well I took an unofficial visit last year sometime and that’s when I was offered but I will be taking an official visit June 6th-8th , Taj May be taking one the same dates also.

cutz said:
    nice, thanks for the updates.  

I am really liking what Billy Lange is bringing to the Hawks. revamping the roster with larger wing players. some nice additions with a transfer from Gonzaga and just got a verbal from a kid from Neumann.  Lots of excitement about the changes in the program on Hawk Hill.

I think it's really good for Nova that UConn is back in the Big East. Gives them a more natural rival and with Danny Hurley there I expect they will be a huge factor again. 
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

I am really liking what Billy Lange is bringing to the Hawks. revamping the roster with larger wing players. some nice additions with a transfer from Gonzaga and just got a verbal from a kid from Neumann.  Lots of excitement about the changes in the program on Hawk Hill.

I think it's really good for Nova that UConn is back in the Big East. Gives them a more natural rival and with Danny Hurley there I expect they will be a huge factor again. 
    Who Verbaled from Neuman?
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

Who Verbaled from Neuman?
    Jordan Hall
    ^^^Thanks^^^

Only saw him once last year in December, so i can't recall his game. Neuman playing this weekend event that i may go, so maybe i'll see him play.
    Saw this kid play quite a few times over his 3 years. Very good player for Temple. Not sure he'll be a big scorer as he's not a good shooter(he's hurt now so not sure if he's had time to work on that and his handle). He does just about everything else well. Plays hard and defends well.