what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    hedonist said:
    23scidoo said:
    Both, I think.

I had no idea what the article was about until I saw the tweet.  Man.
    Tweet is the point @hedonist..and the other thing is, people like him comes in Europe every day..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It's amazing to me how some "customs" like that continue, are accepted as part of life.  I remember speaking with my mom years ago about child molestation, and she essentially said (having been born and raised in Iran), "Well, everyone goes through that."

Ah, okay, got it.  Just keep quiet and don't cause problems.

I hope these pieces of shit get their due somehow, because I doubt they'll ever truly appreciate or regret the damage they cause.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited April 2019
    PAOK FC U15 Champions 2019!!!! 🎆
    Bravo boys!!!! 🗻
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Selling my m'fn house!!! Well not yet but hopefully soon. Met with a realtor today and she thinks it will sell quickly. Putting on market next month and hoping to be out of hurricane f*ck central by June!!
    Good luck!
    Good luck also Meredith!!  Do you have a place picked out to relocate?

Thank you both. I have 2 more weeks until it goes on the market so I've been nonstop cleaning and organizing to make it "show ready".  I'm moving about 4 hours inland to Charlotte. Although if all goes to plan I'll be taking the second half of the summer off to travel before switching jobs so I'm pretty pumped!!

Very good news about your test results Nancy!! :)
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Selling my m'fn house!!! Well not yet but hopefully soon. Met with a realtor today and she thinks it will sell quickly. Putting on market next month and hoping to be out of hurricane f*ck central by June!!
    Good luck!

Thank you both. I have 2 more weeks until it goes on the market so I've been nonstop cleaning and organizing to make it "show ready".  I'm moving about 4 hours inland to Charlotte. Although if all goes to plan I'll be taking the second half of the summer off to travel before switching jobs so I'm pretty pumped!!

What an exciting time!  Hopefully you can get in a show or two during your travels.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2019
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Good luck!

Is your name Meredith?? That's my middle name! (but spelled Meridith just because my mom mispelled it on the birth certificate by accident :lol: )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hedonist said:
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Good luck!

What an exciting time!  Hopefully you can get in a show or two during your travels.
    Yes hopefully! My tentative plan is to travel up the east coast with my boyfriend and hit up as many Phish shows as we can and then travel to the midwest to see a few more. After that I will head back home and start a long, easy and laid back cross country trip with my daughter, taking it all in going to as many amazing places as we possibly can. After that I'll buck up and start dealing with my midlife crisis. :skull:

https://youtu.be/U8b88US-6ts
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Good luck!

Is your name Meredith?? That's my middle name! (but spelled Meridith just because my mom mispelled it on the birth certificate by accident :lol: )
    Yes, its Meredith :) That's cool we share the same name. People have spelled mine any which way they have liked my whole life and they butcher my last name as well. 
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited April 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Good luck!

Yes, its Meredith :) That's cool we share the same name. People have spelled mine any which way they have liked my whole life and they butcher my last name as well. 
    Thank you Meredith! I'm getting everything checked this month so it's just such a super duper exciting time - lol. Gotta do what we gotta do.

I hope your house sells quickly and enjoy your Phish Phun and your adventures with your daughter!!!  Procrastinate on the mid life crisis as long as possible!! Enjoy!

And I can understand the name butchering - my last name is Schroeck (my dad's dad had to be the only non-Irish one) and it has been mutilated  my entire life. But then a movie about an ogre and his friend the donkey came out and now I just say Schroeck, like the movie, which is kind of weird. Out of all the words in the world.... (And they spelled it wrong too!!)

Enjoy your exciting next chapter of your life and your awesome summer!!! 
    Post edited by njnancy on
    Good vibes sent to you Nancy for all your upcoming tests. I've been doing many of those same things the past couple of years, but better to be checked out right? 

Schroeck.. love it! 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited April 2019
    Happy 93rd Birthday to the best and most popular team in Greece!!!! :joy::triumph::peace::bow:

Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    LOL
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

RIP Press..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Found a lump recently and have had pain for a couple of months, so went along to the doctor last Thursday, who said there was definitely something there and referred me on to a triple assessment clinic. Now waiting to get that appointment and trying to resist googling myself to an early grave...
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Found a lump recently and have had pain for a couple of months, so went along to the doctor last Thursday, who said there was definitely something there and referred me on to a triple assessment clinic. Now waiting to get that appointment and trying to resist googling myself to an early grave...
    Good luck.

And yes, stay away from Dr. Google.
    The fact that Notre Dame Cathedral is burning down. It's so awful. :frowning: I am finding myself so depressed about this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    @jnimhaoileoin Sending you hugs.  Hoping for the best for you.

PJ_Soul said:
    The fact that Notre Dame Cathedral is burning down. It's so awful. :frowning: I am finding myself so depressed about this.
    Devastated by this as well!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Sad for Notre-Dame.
    Longueuil said:
    Sad for Notre-Dame.
    Me too.  It was one of the highlights of my trip to Paris years ago.  Such a beautiful and storied structure.

Jenny, I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
    cutz said:
    Good luck.

And yes, stay away from Dr. Google.
    Good luck from me also. I will agree to stay away from google although I do not follow my own advice. I scared myself into an almost catatonic state over the amount of information I googled waiting for my lung scan results. My late sister once told me I was banned from WebMD, so I understand the desire but try to listen to music instead. Again, Good vibes sent your way and please let us know when you find out it is nothing serious. 
    I just learned that Georgia Engel died.  Loved her on the MTM show - she and Ted Knight were the best.
    hedonist said:
    I just learned that Georgia Engel died.  Loved her on the MTM show - she and Ted Knight were the best.
    Wow. 

My dad loved Ted Knight and was so sad when he died. My dad has been gone for 23 years and was only 67 so Ted Knight must have been really young. 

RIP Georgia Engel.

Ι met my boss yesterday and ask for increase after 11 years..
    you don't want to know what i get..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    I hope you got it!
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:
    I hope you got it!
    I heard the old story, ''yes, you deserve it but you know the taxes are high and bla tears bla etc..''
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    I hope you got it!
    I heard the old story, ''yes, you deserve it but you know the taxes are high and bla tears bla etc..''
    That sucks.is there anything else out there for you that would pay you better?
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    I hope you got it!
    That sucks.is there anything else out there for you that would pay you better?
    I'm afraid not..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I'm so sick of interviewing for jobs

Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    The big game for the Euroleague playoffs in a while..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.