*** The FREDAGSMYS thread ***

Urban Dictionary definition: Fredagsmys is pretty much the most holy tradition of Sweden. The word origins from two words; “fredag” and “mys”, which roughly translates to Friday and cozy. Every Friday, all Swedes drive by the supermarket to buy ingredients for taco, soda and chips. Then, they all sit down in their sofas with their families or friends and watch telly. Usually, the parents fall asleep after a few glasses of wine or beer while the kids stuff themselves with chips until they have a stomach ache.

So what happens this lovely friday in your lives? I'm gonna go watch Us in the theatre at 6:30 and afterwords might drink a beer ot two. So maybe not having that much coziness at home. 
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Sounds like a normal Friday for me, except instead of tacos it's chicken wings. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Urban Dictionary definition: Fredagsmys is pretty much the most holy tradition of Sweden. The word origins from two words; “fredag” and “mys”, which roughly translates to Friday and cozy. Every Friday, all Swedes drive by the supermarket to buy ingredients for taco, soda and chips. Then, they all sit down in their sofas with their families or friends and watch telly. Usually, the parents fall asleep after a few glasses of wine or beer while the kids stuff themselves with chips until they have a stomach ache.

So what happens this lovely friday in your lives? I'm gonna go watch Us in the theatre at 6:30 and afterwords might drink a beer ot two. So maybe not having that much coziness at home. 
    We have family movie night every Friday. We order pizza, pop some popping corn, chow down, cozy up, and watch a movie at home. Other than the menu -- tacos are reserved for Tuesday (of course!) -- we are right there observing fredagmys with our fellow humans from Sweden.

Maybe I should go ahead and put in for that transfer to our Stockholm office. :i_dunno:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    It feels like a tuesdagsmys
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    What the hell? Fredagsmys talk is strictly reserved for the Agnes thread. It is the official holy tradition of the Original Thread. Get your asses back there right now...emotional simpletons. :tongue:
    What the hell? Fredagsmys talk is strictly reserved for the Agnes thread. It is the official holy tradition of the Original Thread. Get your asses back there right now...emotional simpletons. :tongue:
    @OffSheGoes35

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I'm sorry, but all I keep seeing when I read that word is a reference to Fred having an orgasm. I thought maybe you decided that since Agnes was a lost cause you were moving on to old Fred Astaire clips and montages to assuage your pain.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    dankind said:
    @OffSheGoes35

Ain't nothing back there but a "Property of Hobbes" tattoo.  :D
    dankind said:
    @OffSheGoes35

Ain't nothing back there but a "Property of Hobbes" tattoo.  :D
    Copying and pasting in an email to Hobbes’s wife. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    She's my sister wife, go ahead .

I SAW PEARL JAM

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

You guys called my bluff. Gonna have to pull a Johnny Depp and change my tattoo to Property of Hoboes.
    You guys called my bluff. Gonna have to pull a Johnny Depp and change my tattoo to Property of Hoboes.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited March 2019

Walked past the next arena Pearl Jam will play when visiting Sweden. 

Weird they are having subtitles on music being played in the film. Guess the song:

Bought some candy and now gonna watch Black Panther:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Ah the old plopp
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited April 2019
    Ah the old plopp
    You got that in the UK?

Tomorrow it's time for PET SEMATARY. Not a fan of the first film. Enjoy the second a whole lot more. Read 10 pages of the novel.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Gonna have a some extra pain-in-the-ass kids over tomorrow night for Fredagsmys. Daughter's birthday weekend.

I'm going to need some edibles for this.
    I SAW PEARL JAM

RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Ah the old plopp
    You got that in the UK?

Tomorrow it's time for PET SEMATARY. Not a fan of the first film. Enjoy the second a whole lot more. Read 10 pages of the novel.

No. I had a plopp in Stockholm and i took some home . The  kids thought it waa funny as it means a shit or a poo  here.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Ah the old plopp
    You got that in the UK?

No. I had a plopp in Stockholm and i took some home . The  kids thought it waa funny as it means a shit or a poo  here.
    Ah okey, Classic swedish chocolate bar. Some people sat it tastes exactly like the brother-chocolate bar Center. Some people say they can taste a difference. Try it when Pearl Jam plays Gothenburg. 

Tried to go for a jog while my clothes were drying. But man, 200 metres and my mouth taste of blood and I start walking instead. 

I really need to get into shape. 

Will walk to the cinema atleast. That's a 45-50 minute walk.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Friday nights usually get home do a quick walk of my dog then a quick workout , followed by a martini for me and my wife watching news .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Friday nights usually get home do a quick walk of my dog then a quick workout , followed by a martini for me and my wife watching news .
    Show dog.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Show dog.
    lol no just my pug 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Thinking about renting CREED II. 
    FRIDAY! 

I'm washing clothes. Tonight I will rent the last swedish "Oscar contribution" and eat new chips I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2rsXR4cjrw
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    FRIDAY! 

I'm washing clothes. Tonight I will rent the last swedish "Oscar contribution" and eat new chips I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2rsXR4cjrw

I saw the trailer for that in the theatre months ago. Let us know if it's good - it looked oddly interesting. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Ah the old plopp
    You got that in the UK?

Ah okey, Classic swedish chocolate bar. Some people sat it tastes exactly like the brother-chocolate bar Center. Some people say they can taste a difference. Try it when Pearl Jam plays Gothenburg. 

Looks like it would be the same as the wonderful Caramilk bar, which is a contender as my North American favorite. I freaking love them. Especially when they're cold.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Walked 25.000 steps today. It's like 27 degrees (Celcius ofc) out. Walked and borrowed some childrens book because I'm helping out adapting that book universe to a short film script.

Now drinking a beer and won't get out anymore today. Unless someone calls about going for a beer. Otherwise I'll re-watch Avengers: Infinity War.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377