Who will win in 2020?

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
Simple. Not who you want to win, but who you think will win. 

Who will win in 2020? 16 votes

Trump
56%
mcgruff10OnWis97Merkin Ballerfoodshop65riley540SmallestOceansdrakeheuer14bbiggsMeltdown99 9 votes
Sanders
0%
Beto
6%
vaggar99 1 vote
Harris
0%
Booker
6%
BLACK35 1 vote
Biden
6%
jeffbr 1 vote
Warren
0%
One of the others who doesn’t have a chance.
25%
josevolutionbrianluxPJ_SoulHi! 4 votes

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Biden
    He hasn't announced yet, of course, but once he does, he's the frontrunner for the Dems, and I think he's got a good shot at Drumpf, especially if he chooses his running mate and successor wisely.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    edited March 2019
    Trump
    It's really hard to imagine Trump losing at this point.  I think it's pretty well established that he hasn't lost any of his 2016 voters.  He'll get more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016.  That means a Hillary/Kerry/Gore performance (i.e., a couple-million more votes than Trump) won't get it done.  It's going to take an Obama performance.  It's going to take that great positive energy that brings people to the polls.  I don't see that happening out of this group.  

Warren is the Hillary. The ethnicity issue alone will hurt her.  The others?  Various reasons...I think Beto would have an outside chance because he has some of that Obama-like appeal, but just like private bone-spurs beats war heroes in his own party,  his plethora of despicable actions, past and present, will likely harm him far less than Beto's DWI. 

And the party rank-and-file?  Many who's candidates lose the nomination will piss and moan and stay at home.  They'l be upset a white male got the nomination, or Mayor Pete because he criticized Hillary in 2019, or Warren because of the ethnicity thing, or Biden because he's creepy and "establishment," or blah, blah blah.  Meanwhile the GOP candidate, more despicable than the rest combined, will sail by, forgiven for his sexual harassment, racism, etc. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I honestly think it's too early to tell, so that's my vote.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    way too early to tell. it's 18 months away. depends on the economy. that's all anyone honestly really gives a shit about it seems. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    way too early to tell. it's 18 months away. depends on the economy. that's all anyone honestly really gives a shit about it seems. 
    Yep no doubt 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    I voted for "One of the others who doesn’t have a chance" (an interesting option there, Riley!)  to see if I can beat logic or physics or whatever time/space warp would be involved in someone winning who doesn't have a chance.  I think I'll go with Jello Biafra on this one.

As far as who I think will win who does have a chance... I don't have a clue.  It's WAY too early to tell.  We're still 20 months away, the dems are still in the process of narrowing it down from a crowed stage to a few major contenders and the Republicans don't really seem all that motivated to do much other than harrumph or bark their way through their denial (they still think Trump is making their lives better?  LOL). 

I think we should do this again in about 10 to 12 months and see how our votes change by then. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Trump
    This poll is supposed to just be fun 😀 I know it’s super early. 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I thought Beto might be the one based on his popularity in the Cruz race but based on what I’ve seen of him on the national stage he will be eaten alive by his own kind in the primary.  Plus, having an “L” to Ted Cruz on your resume is never a good thing. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    We have fallen so far as a nation these last few years. I put it at less than 100% that we will even have an election in 2020.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    JimmyV said:
    We have fallen so far as a nation these last few years. I put it at less than 100% that we will even have an election in 2020.
    Or that if he looses hands power over gracefully! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....