Bill and Ted 3

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I can't see this not being horrendous. 
    Yeah so were Dumb and Dumber To and Zoolander 2. But ya know what? Each of those had a funny part here and a funny part there that justified their existence to me. I expect the same with this. It'll be nice to see them back. If the movie sucks, no big deal. 
    true enough. There was a Zoolander 2? I don't think I ever saw that. 

bill and ted's bogus journey I actually found entertaining. But after this long, I with how old they are, I can't see it being even guilty-pleasure decent. But low expectations often yields surprising satisfaction! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,724
    Yeah so were Dumb and Dumber To and Zoolander 2. But ya know what? Each of those had a funny part here and a funny part there that justified their existence to me. I expect the same with this. It'll be nice to see them back. If the movie sucks, no big deal. 

bill and ted's bogus journey I actually found entertaining. But after this long, I with how old they are, I can't see it being even guilty-pleasure decent. But low expectations often yields surprising satisfaction! 
    There was a Zoolander 2....and it fucking sucked. The sad part is I really felt like they put a great deal of effort into it (unlike Dumb and Dumber To), but it just didn't work. A few jokes here or there were okay.

As for this, yeah this is a long time between, and I can't imagine two guys in their mid-50's talking like surfer dudes. But that's okay. I'm still excited to see it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    the movie could be great, depending on how they orient it.  If they just try to remake the first 2 with older guys itll be a disaster.

If they play into the fact that these are 2 old guys now.  Partially grown up as adults, but still a bit immature and sometimes fall back into the "excellent" thing when together while their wives shake their heads, it could be awesome
    edited March 2019
    MayDay10 said:
    the movie could be great, depending on how they orient it.  If they just try to remake the first 2 with older guys itll be a disaster.

If they play into the fact that these are 2 old guys now.  Partially grown up as adults, but still a bit immature and sometimes fall back into the "excellent" thing when together while their wives shake their heads, it could be awesome
    I think it'll be the latter if I had to guess
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,988
    Been looking forward to this movie for so long!
    I grew up in San Dimas until I graduated from college. Its a small town that no one ever heard of until this movie, But I used to wrlk to that Circle K all the time, my dad worked at the sheriff station where they escaped, we'd spend our summers at Raging Waters (Water Loo in the movie). For about 10 years we couldn't travel anywhere without someone asking where we are from and then responding with "San Dimas High School Football RULES!" Now almost no one gets those references.  it was just so fun as a kid seeing that movie. Looking forward to the next one.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,507
    edited March 2019
    Aren't you all forgetting something? We already know that Bill and Ted literally revolutionized the world through their music somehow, and changed the course of human history to create a utopia. Wouldn't it make sense for this new movie to perhaps be about all THAT?? And given their age, this will be set AFTER they make all the world-changing music, so surely they won't just be playing the same old surfer doofuses..... Although they might just be washed up musicians, during the period between them making all the music that ends up being worshipped and the music actually being worshipped.... Or they might be mega-famous already. That part of their lives was never revealed in the first two movies I don't think.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    Does anyone else think that Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock are a match? 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    mace1229 said:
    I grew up in San Dimas until I graduated from college. Its a small town that no one ever heard of until this movie, But I used to wrlk to that Circle K all the time, my dad worked at the sheriff station where they escaped, we'd spend our summers at Raging Waters (Water Loo in the movie). For about 10 years we couldn't travel anywhere without someone asking where we are from and then responding with "San Dimas High School Football RULES!" Now almost no one gets those references.  it was just so fun as a kid seeing that movie. Looking forward to the next one.
    The big question is how did you do on your history report?
    PJ_Soul said:
    Aren't you all forgetting something? We already know that Bill and Ted literally revolutionized the world through their music somehow, and changed the course of human history to create a utopia. Wouldn't it make sense for this new movie to perhaps be about all THAT?? And given their age, this will be set AFTER they make all the world-changing music, so surely they won't just be playing the same old surfer doofuses..... Although they might just be washed up musicians, during the period between them making all the music that ends up being worshipped and the music actually being worshipped.... Or they might be mega-famous already. That part of their lives was never revealed in the first two movies I don't think.
    Im thinking that never happened, and these guys kind of moved on, have jobs and families.... but still hold on to the glory days of being surfer rock guys, especially when they are together.... and they wonder what the hell happened and why it never came to fruition.

Then maybe they get a visitor from a future that has turned bad and tries to get them to go back and fix things to make it happen?  But they need to somehow balance real life with the hijinks?
    MayDay10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Im thinking that never happened, and these guys kind of moved on, have jobs and families.... but still hold on to the glory days of being surfer rock guys, especially when they are together.... and they wonder what the hell happened and why it never came to fruition.

Then maybe they get a visitor from a future that has turned bad and tries to get them to go back and fix things to make it happen?  But they need to somehow balance real life with the hijinks?
    well it did happen. that's why rufus came from the future to help them make sure it happened. isn't that the story?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835

There was a Zoolander 2....and it fucking sucked. The sad part is I really felt like they put a great deal of effort into it (unlike Dumb and Dumber To), but it just didn't work. A few jokes here or there were okay.

As for this, yeah this is a long time between, and I can't imagine two guys in their mid-50's talking like surfer dudes. But that's okay. I'm still excited to see it. 
    Same with Hot Tub Time Machine. 2nd one was crap, but still had some funny moments.
    edited March 2019
    MayDay10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

well it did happen. that's why rufus came from the future to help them make sure it happened. isn't that the story?
    Exactly. It has to have happened because it did and the entire premise of the series based on it happening, lol. And there is no way for this new movie to logically avoid it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Wasnt Rufus sent back in time to make sure it happened because it was somehow in danger of not happening if they didn't ace their project?

In terms of time travel stories, they could have easily squashed a bug in one of the first two movies which led to Biff Tannen getting the almanac, thus snuffing out the careers of the Wyld Stallyns 
    MayDay10 said:
    Wasnt Rufus sent back in time to make sure it happened because it was somehow in danger of not happening if they didn't ace their project?

In terms of time travel stories, they could have easily squashed a bug in one of the first two movies which led to Biff Tannen getting the almanac, thus snuffing out the careers of the Wyld Stallyns 
    yes, very true. they could literally put any spin on it, since you can do virtually anything with a time travel story and be plausible. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2019
    MayDay10 said:

yes, very true. they could literally put any spin on it, since you can do virtually anything with a time travel story and be plausible. 
    Absolutely, but it's got to be addressed one way or the other... I can't imagine why they wouldn't make an entire movie based on this storyline... Isn't it the only one anybody gives a shit about? Nobody wants to see Bill and Ted just as normal losers having another adventure after their entire purpose in the universe just vanishes for some paltry reason. That whole Wyld Stallyns/Rufus thing is what makes the franchise what it is.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    MayDay10 said:

To be fair, I think when you introduce time travel into a movie like this, most viewers are not looking for plausibility. 
    mace1229 said:
    The big question is how did you do on your history report?
    Aced it! Only because my dad was going to send me to military school if I didn't 
    mace1229 said:
    MayDay10 said:

To be fair, I think when you introduce time travel into a movie like this, most viewers are not looking for plausibility. 
    I know. I just mean time travel as a subject is something you can do anything with, when I say "plausible", I mean believable since it doesn't exist. there are no laws governing the subject. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mace1229 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I know. I just mean time travel as a subject is something you can do anything with, when I say "plausible", I mean believable since it doesn't exist. there are no laws governing the subject. 
    I get you. It just makes me laugh when watching the Walking Dead and someone says "how would they drive cars, the gas would have gone bad?" But they are totally okay with the zombie thing. I throw plausibility out in a lot of genres. 
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I get you. It just makes me laugh when watching the Walking Dead and someone says "how would they drive cars, the gas would have gone bad?" But they are totally okay with the zombie thing. I throw plausibility out in a lot of genres. 
    I actually have the same issue with some things about TWD (like the fuel thing-not just gone bad, but they would eventually run out of cars to siphon). Yes, you accept a certain level of implausibility with science fiction shows, but the little details should still retain some believability. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2019
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I'm not kidding - someone in this horror group on facebook attempted to discuss a zombie apocalypse with me as though he truly thought it was real, lol. I was all, "yeah sure, I could survive a slow zombie apocalypse, but not a fast zombie one, har har. I'd fish and hunt and forage and use water filters, lol". His reply was seriously like, "Hey idiot, if you didn't even MENTION farming of any kind, you obviously do not have the know-how to survive this - pull your head out of your ass or else you're going to die within a couple of months." :lol: Ummmm OH. We're talking about  the very REAL impending zombie apocalypse apparently. I had no clue, LOL.
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I actually have the same issue with some things about TWD (like the fuel thing-not just gone bad, but they would eventually run out of cars to siphon). Yes, you accept a certain level of implausibility with science fiction shows, but the little details should still retain some believability. 
    That gas thing is a problem in almost all post-apocalypitc movies. The only time I've seen it addressed on any screen was in that TV show The Last Man On Earth. Everyone else is just driving around indefinitely.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    MayDay10 said:

That gas thing is a problem in almost all post-apocalypitc movies. The only time I've seen it addressed on any screen was in that TV show The Last Man On Earth. Everyone else is just driving around indefinitely.
    That's what was great about 'The Road Warrior', it was all about fuel.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    eddiec said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    MayDay10 said:

That's what was great about 'The Road Warrior', it was all about fuel.
    Another great thing about that extraordinary film: Emil Minty as the Feral Kid.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,829
    William Sadler to reprise is role as "Death" in the third movie :smiley:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

I had a feeling this might happen!

"You may be king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later, you dance with the reaper"

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,829

"You may be king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later, you dance with the reaper"
    :lol:lol:

"You have sank my battleship"

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

:lol:lol:

"You have sank my battleship"

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,272
    edited March 2019

Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88