Repub Party

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It seems unprofessional for a national party to do such a thing,  to me. 
    This.  If some random right wing troll would have done this l wouldn’t have thought about it for a second.  I find it neither funny nor offensive.

But it’s disheartening to see the party trolling like this and owning libs. They seem to be taking on Trump’s persona and it doesn’t bode well for the future.
    Its the trumpification of America.
    Find the lowest common denominator then go lower then that Then come up with the most idiotic,  fearful, hateful, ignorant, racist, xenophobic thing you can think of to say.....then go lower than that.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    If Beto is the nominee we will be hearing about the DUI everyday from Trump. Probably pretty tame meme compared to what’s coming.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It seems unprofessional for a national party to do such a thing,  to me. 
    This.  If some random right wing troll would have done this l wouldn’t have thought about it for a second.  I find it neither funny nor offensive.

But it’s disheartening to see the party trolling like this and owning libs. They seem to be taking on Trump’s persona and it doesn’t bode well for the future.
    Its the trumpification of America.
    Find the lowest common denominator then go lower then that Then come up with the most idiotic,  fearful, hateful, ignorant, racist, xenophobic thing you can think of to say.....then go lower than that.
    Yes!  Be better than the other party.  It's disheartening. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2019
    my2hands said:
    Is this the new outrage du jour?

I'm Irish, the tweet is awesome 
    A political party posting that is so fucking inappropriate it's mind boggling (it being funny or not on its own is irrelevant). If you're unwilling to acknowledge that, then I've lost all hope for you. I seriously cannot believe you think it's awesome that the GOP posted that. Jesus.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

A political party posting that is so fucking inappropriate it's mind boggling (it being funny or not on its own is irrelevant). If you're unwilling to acknowledge that, then I've lost all hope for you. I seriously cannot believe you think it's awesome that the GOP posted that. Jesus.
    Hahahahaha, thanks for the laugh...

Lost hope for me? That's cute... 

Let me be clear. I do not want your approval. I do not need your approval. I do not give AF about your approval, or what you think of me. That also applies to the other 7 billion folks on this planet, including the ones that post here.

Outrage Du Jour, cup or a bowl today? 

https://youtu.be/1g_PogiGYVc
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Let me be clear. I do not want your approval. I do not need your approval. I do not give AF about your approval, or what you think of me. That also applies to the other 7 billion folks on this planet, including the ones that post here.

I don't have issues with private citizens posting stuff like that online. But the official social media account for one of the two political parties in the US? I'd say the bar has been lowered to trump levels. the GOP has accepted his tactics as perfectly acceptable. political attack ads have been disgusting for some time. this just takes it to a whole other level. 

do you not agree that this is obviously stereotyping irish in a negative way? you may not take offense, as many irish may not, but does that make it acceptable?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

So what exactly do you want by posting something that's so obviously insensitive? If it isn't approval, is it conflict? 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

:lol: Don't worry, because it never even occurred to me whether or not you want or need my approval, and whether you do or not changes nothing for me... But thanks for the info I guess?? I was just stating my own opinion.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    A stellar sentiment that the American conservatives would do well to take to heart, voiced by a British conservative:  There is simply too much hate appearing under our banner. We cannot give cover to these intolerant voices, even if they vote for us.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/22/conservative-party-islamophobia

For better or worse, it’s in our nature to avoid difficult conversations. And no wonder: a tough conversation poorly held can hurt more than it heals.

But avoidance only takes you so far. From my time as a youth worker I know that difficult conversations don’t become easier the longer you put them off. That’s why I know it’s time for Conservatives to have a proper conversation about Islamophobia. There is simply too much hate floating around online these days and too much of it is appearing (intentionally or not) under our banner. We must root it out, now.

Whether we like it or not, there is a subculture of Conservative supporters that place Islam at the centre of much that’s wrong with our society. And I think they’re wrong. This Tommy Robinson brigade appears to place ignorance ahead of understanding and does a disservice to British Muslims and the vast majority of Conservatives who bear absolutely no ill will toward the Muslim community. As a political movement we do ourselves no favours by tolerating or ignoring this hateful fringe.

This isn’t an argument to exclude radical Islam from scrutiny or debate. But we don’t honour that debate by indulging the unfounded fears spread by Islamophobes whipping each other into a frenzy online. It is the duty of leaders on the political right to demystify the debate, not pander to people’s cheap fear of “the other”.

Having grown up amid a strong Muslim community in Ladbroke Grove, west London, I’ve never been afraid of Islam. We were all striving toward the same goal – to succeed and make something better for ourselves. Our skin colour or religion weren’t a part of the conversation. I admired and envied the Muslim boys on the estate; most of my Moroccan mates came from strong families, something this black boy who grew up without his father wished he had experienced.

The local mosques were very receptive to my youth work when others weren’t. The local imams knew my job was to help keep their wayward boys in school and plug them into mainstream opportunities. Being in such close contact over this common cause helped us to understand each other better. We need more of that spirit of togetherness.

I’ve always known there was a problem with some of the more extreme views on the far right of the political spectrum. I’m a black man – I could hardly ignore it. When I was growing up, the BNP types on the estate used to go around looking for black boys to rough up. I was grateful to any and all who spoke out against their hatred. But watching the fallout from Christchurch and seeing the unearthing of the far-right websites and communities that helped enable it, it’s clear the problem is much deeper and broader than it was back in my day. Contrary to some powerful political voices, there aren’t “very fine people” on “both sides” of this debate.

These vicious attacks on minority communities will keep happening unless we bust the myths behind their hatred. In the Conservative party, we cannot give cover in any way to those Islamophobes, even if they vote for us. We need to crack down on hate at the source and expel it from our midst. We must set clear guidelines as to what is acceptable and then enforce them with 100% effectiveness. Full stop.

This will demonstrate solidarity with Muslim communities. And while we should also take practical measures, such as offering protection to places of worship should it be requested, our response should go much deeper. It should be Conservatives who drain the online swamp by holding tech companies’ feet to the fire. They must not be allowed to shirk their responsibility in allowing any hatred to spread.

No hateful supporters will be welcomed in my camp. This pledge is the least I can do for my Muslim brothers and sisters.

• Shaun Bailey is the Conservative London mayoral candidate

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Republicans have stopped being conservatives in this country.  They are now majoritarians.
    mrussel1 said:
    Republicans have stopped being conservatives in this country.  They are now majoritarians.

By which you mean they eat too much?
    mrussel1 said:

Ha!  No... it's rule by the majority without regard to the civil rights of the minority.  The Bill of Rights were created specifically to protect the minority from the tyranny iif the majority. Here's a really good article from Reason which is a libertarian site.  It is a tough critic of both the identity politics of the left and the ethnic tribalism of the right.  It concludes that the right wing is more dangerous because the left will consume itself since no one can achieve the purity standard.  It's good reading

http://reason.com/archives/2019/03/17/why-the-rights-identity-politics-is-more
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ha!  No... it's rule by the majority without regard to the civil rights of the minority.  The Bill of Rights were created specifically to protect the minority from the tyranny iif the majority. Here's a really good article from Reason which is a libertarian site.  It is a tough critic of both the identity politics of the left and the ethnic tribalism of the right.  It concludes that the right wing is more dangerous because the left will consume itself since no one can achieve the purity standard.  It's good reading

Eating too much sounds more fun. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Republicans dont  care about minorities.
    They care about while male christians 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited March 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Eating too much sounds more fun. 
    enough with your hate spewing! :wink:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    Trump infighting about who's going to be 46?

https://hillreporter.com/ivanka-trump-is-in-a-bit-of-a-tussle-with-don-jr-over-who-will-run-for-president-next-says-author-of-kushner-ivanka-memoir-29007
    I think Don, Jr. makes more sense.  He's just like his father with the ignorance and twitter trolling.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    OnWis97 said:
    Trump infighting about who's going to be 46?

https://hillreporter.com/ivanka-trump-is-in-a-bit-of-a-tussle-with-don-jr-over-who-will-run-for-president-next-says-author-of-kushner-ivanka-memoir-29007
    I think Don, Jr. makes more sense.  He's just like his father with the ignorance and twitter trolling.
    What they really mean is who will daddy hand the mantle too , after the 2nd term is done by then he should def be supreme lord ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    So where’s their health plan & what do you think they will name it ? 
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna990931
    GOP stands against this bill .
    Good,  let them vote against it. Democrats should run on the issue, especially in the Senate.  I bet Mitch tries to keep it off the floor. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Good,  let them vote against it. Democrats should run on the issue, especially in the Senate.  I bet Mitch tries to keep it off the floor. 
    Yep that’s exactly what he will do ..
    mrussel1 said:
    The NRA are masters of doublespeak - apparently voting to prevent abusers from legally accessing firearms is "trivializing" domestic violence. I hope even the average gun owner can see through that. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    mrussel1 said:
    The NRA are masters of doublespeak - apparently voting to prevent abusers from legally accessing firearms is "trivializing" domestic violence. I hope even the average gun owner can see through that. 
    Not likely. They’re too busy being “responsible.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    The GOP is concerned about the 2nd amendment rights of a POS boyfriend who stalks and/or abuses his girlfriend. Unbelievable!
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    The GOP is concerned about the 2nd amendment rights of a POS boyfriend who stalks and/or abuses his girlfriend. Unbelievable!
    Such a weird line of thinking 
    hippiemom = goodness
    They will always stand against....

Women
    People of color
    LGBTQ
    Handicapped
    Veterans
    Immigrants
    Pro gun control
    Pro choice 
    Same sex marriage
    Muslims
    Etc etc

Women
    People of color
    LGBTQ
    Handicapped
    Veterans
    Immigrants
    Pro gun control
    Pro choice 
    Same sex marriage
    Muslims
    Etc etc
    Yep this can’t be denied ! 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

Women
    People of color
    LGBTQ
    Handicapped
    Veterans
    Immigrants
    Pro gun control
    Pro choice 
    Same sex marriage
    Muslims
    Etc etc
    You forgot puppies
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    Jason P said:

Women
    People of color
    LGBTQ
    Handicapped
    Veterans
    Immigrants
    Pro gun control
    Pro choice 
    Same sex marriage
    Muslims
    Etc etc
    You forgot puppies
    Good point.

https://m.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2018/12/06/michigan-gop-wants-to-make-it-easier-to-buy-puppies-from-puppy-mills
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.