Options

the POSITIVITY thread (official)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    thegame1 said:
    I'm still buzzing about my first PJ concert, and it was Wrigley 2.  I got to hear Black and Jeremy live and songs from Vitalogy.  I love Vitalogy!
    The whole experience also impressed me and my wife, as the love and support and fervor the Pearl Jam community has for the band and each other is amazing!!  I'm so happy to have been a part of the experience.  :)
    That makes me smile.  Long Topf an or recent discovery?
  • Options
    Oops I see now, recent discovery... well do say more if you’re so inclined.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Looking back at how lucky I was to see 7 amazing shows this summer. Prague - Krakow - Berlin - Seattle 2 - Wrigley 2 - Fenway 1 and 2. I could not have been able to see all these shows with out such a great family supporting me.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,281
    Have a good week everybody!

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    edited January 2019

Just got a New Tattoo on my arm. Pretty happy with it.

Happy Friday people

Post edited by willbarclay on
    21.png 571.6K
  • Options
    I gave away a record to someone that I have never spoken to until that thread and am giving them a "Holy Grail".
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/278574/what-is-your-holy-grail-for-pj-collecting#latest

Pay it forward!!!
  • Options
    i really liked jeff's last record upon first listen, even!
  • Options
    Just heard on Sirius they are doing some sort of Madison Square garden playback starting Monday of best performances there. I caught the tail end so missed part of it. Foreshadowing to potential multiple concert run there similar to what Phish did this past year? Long shot and wishful thinking, but hey its Friday and this is the positivity thread!
  • Options
    pmcgrath5 said:
    Just heard on Sirius they are doing some sort of Madison Square garden playback starting Monday of best performances there. I caught the tail end so missed part of it. Foreshadowing to potential multiple concert run there similar to what Phish did this past year? Long shot and wishful thinking, but hey its Friday and this is the positivity thread!
    This would be great if PJ did no repeats.

I keep wishing for that.  A run of 4 shows with no repeats.

That would be an epic run.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,902

• Options
    kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259

• Options
    Went snow camping with my son and bunch of other dads and sons.  It was 10˚ out overnight and snowed most of the time but so much fun!  Lots of snowshoeing, sledding, and good times.  Some dug out snow caves, some stayed in tents.  Epic trip all around.  Needed to bring back the positivity thread!
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options

Just got a new tattoo today. The number 10 is NOT PJ related tho. My daughters name is Tenley so we call her 10 for short.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Just got a new tattoo today. The number 10 is NOT PJ related tho. My daughters name is Tenley so we call her 10 for short.
    Very nice...
    I love the apple!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Thanks Dave. My little girl is the apple of my eye.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Thought that might be what you were "saying" there.
    Nice way to work that in to the tattoo!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:
    Thought that might be what you were "saying" there.
    Nice way to work that in to the tattoo!!
    Thanks man!!!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,281
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,999

Some chicken briyani my lad made last night

It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,048
    demetrios said:

This isn't positive -- it's twilight zone spooky.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Went with my daughter's fifth grade class earlier this week to dig snow caves and spend two nights in them.  It was cold, it was lots of digging, it was 24 ten year olds, and it was a memory that both of us will have forever! -- So much fun.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

It is sunny out more now on the east coast! The temps are slowing rising ( could days of 60+ degree weather last week.

On a positive PJ story , back in 2016 my 10C membership had lapsed (my bad) tickets were all gone via public sale , searched endlessly for months. First show went by and no luck , on Sunday night around 4:00pm my wife comes in to see my deflated and depressed and said "Can you be in Boston in 45 mins , I found you a ticket"

Jumped in my car and headed on down , had no idea whom I was meeting ( thru my wife it was a friend of a friend of a friend whose wife got sick that morning  and could not go) . Texted him as soon as I got there , we traded pics so we knew what we looked like , as he gave me the ticket I grabbed my wallet and he goes " I heard your a real fan?" I told him I was and he said don't worry about it , he had bought the ticket so long ago he just said to pay if forward. We sang our asses off that night , I bought him ever drink.

Then in 2018 a friend of mine bailed at the last second because of a family emergency on night 2 of Fenway and I was able to do the same thing , met this kid looking to get in was a huge fan and I though he was going to cry when I gave him the ticket for free.

• Options
    MAMIASTMAMIAST Posts: 40
    Cheers to Ten Club 
    for working hard and securing enough tickets
    for nearly all club members 
    that wanted ones 
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    My weekly PerkSpot benefit email arrived today at work, featuring a Colorado hotel deal. Made me glad I've waited to book my Denver hotel!