The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    That’s awesome that you’re visiting soon!  Sounds like you have the good ones covered and New Glarus is always a treat. A couple of other good ones that are within a half hour of the city are Mikerphone in Elk Grove Village and Noon Whistle in Lombard. I’d highly recommend both if you venture out of the city. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    bbiggs said:
    Just a good old-fashioned, back to basics beer tonight. A local staple.

Yumm!!  Can't wait to visit in June and bring some back. Other than Rev & Half Acre, what other brewers do you recommend? I'm gonna try to get to Off Color one day and there will be a 'Sconny trip for some New Glarus.
    Check out Corridor Brewery...it's on Southport not too far from Wrigley.  Really good beers and food over there.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,762

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,484
    bbiggs said:
    I’m getting burnt out on the fruity IPAs personally. Some are getting over the top. Look at this. This isnt beer.

ecto plasm
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    At a buddy’s tonight who has a great collection.

Cigar City Brewing

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Not a big stout fan but had to try this one out.
    #FHP
    ^ What’s the verdict? Tasty? 
    Cool! Sounds like they’re brewing some good stuff! 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    Happy st Patrick s day!! Best of both worlds.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    ^ Sunday gravy and Guinness. Doesn’t get much better. Cheers!
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    I like a good drafted beer as anyone. But how the hell did I get in this thread?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    bbiggs said:

Damn that's nice.  I gotta get something like that to store all of my stouts.  I just have them in a few boxes underneath my bar in my basement.
    bbiggs said:

Damn that's nice.  I gotta get something like that to store all of my stouts.  I just have them in a few boxes underneath my bar in my basement.
    Same exact thing here. And I have far less than him. There are some serious beers in that collection. This one we opened last night was up there with the top 3 I’ve ever had.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,956
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Same exact thing here. And I have far less than him. There are some serious beers in that collection. This one we opened last night was up there with the top 3 I’ve ever had.

This was that good huh?
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

This was that good huh?
    It really was. I guess these are only released to members of whatever “club” Cigar City has and they limit it to one per member. That’s the only place to get them. That doesn’t mean it’s automatically good, of course, but man was I impressed with this. Absolutely delicious. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,956
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

This was that good huh?
    It really was. I guess these are only released to members of whatever “club” Cigar City has and they limit it to one per member. That’s the only place to get them. That doesn’t mean it’s automatically good, of course, but man was I impressed with this. Absolutely delicious. 
    I had never seen this so that interested me.  Kind of like what Bruery does.  I've stopped trying for that "locals only" stuff.

Glad you got to try something special!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    bbiggs said:
    That’s awesome that you’re visiting soon!  Sounds like you have the good ones covered and New Glarus is always a treat. A couple of other good ones that are within a half hour of the city are Mikerphone in Elk Grove Village and Noon Whistle in Lombard. I’d highly recommend both if you venture out of the city. 
    bbiggs said:
    Just a good old-fashioned, back to basics beer tonight. A local staple.

Yumm!!  Can't wait to visit in June and bring some back. Other than Rev & Half Acre, what other brewers do you recommend? I'm gonna try to get to Off Color one day and there will be a 'Sconny trip for some New Glarus.
    Check out Corridor Brewery...it's on Southport not too far from Wrigley.  Really good beers and food over there.
    Well, as it turns out, I might not be visiting after all.  I was going to help my friend move out there but she was just offered a really good job here. She was just out visiting last week and has a job offer but the position is only temporary and (surprisingly) a fraction of what she'd make here.  We had a long talk about last night and I think she's deciding to stay put for a while.  She's had a rough year, divorce followed by another terrible relationship, moved twice, changed jobs twice, a lot of travel for work and working after hours.  Just wants to calm things down and be grounded for a while.  But I think we're still gonna make a trip sometime within the next year to visit our other friends.  My beer tastebuds will have to wait patiently until then.
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 909
    Monday night low abv that actually tastes pretty good. Enough hops and malt that it actually tastes like a beer rather than water.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    bbiggs said:
    Trying it now and holy shit it's tasty for a stout.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    bbiggs said:
    Trying it now and holy shit it's tasty for a stout.
    I’m not surprised. That’s a great brewery. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    Cheers to Friday.....
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    edited March 2019

I was feeling like a Nitro Coffee Stout, so I gave Left Hand a try given how good their milk stouts are.  Not bad.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,484
    Only the second milkshake ipa I've tried.  The first was ok but super fruity.  This one a double ipa at 9.5 %, more my style.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Always fun to try some new breweries.  My wife was in Nashville recently and picked me up a couple 4 packs from Bearded Iris. Very impressive!

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
     ^ Nice! I didn’t try that one.  I did get “Wild Side” and “Again and Again” though. Both a little on the lighter side, but tasty beers. I thought “Hotline” was the best of the three. I’ll be going to the brewery in July when we head down there to visit family.