Options

What 1996 boots are soundboard?

2»

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    Slipped my mind.  I do have the 2-source mixes for STL and PDX 98. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:
    demetrios said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    And Portland
    Theres an ALD source of Portland 1998?
    source: [Nak700 > DTR80P] + [SBD (mono) > ALD > DAT] => CDR, lineage: CDR > CDR > .flac, transfer: EAC > FLAC frontend > .flac
    I've had a NAK 2 source mix for a long while, but definitely not with and ALD line.  Do you have to have this flac?  I would love to compare it to what I have.  

And then to the larger world reading if you are reading, does anyone have the ALD source alone?
    I got these 3 sources ..

1.) [Nak700 > DTR80P] + [SBD (mono) > ALD > DAT] => CDR

2.) Source: Nakamichi 700 > Denon DTR-80p > DAT > CDR > dEdit > dEQ > SHN

3.) Nakamichi CM700 -> Denon DTR-80p (11th row) / Generation: DAT(M) -> DAT(2) 44.1khz -> FLAC / Transfer: DA-20 -> Monster coax -> DiO 2496 -> Soundforge 6.0 -> (resample to 44.1) -> CDWave -> FLAC [619mb]

Can a beggar be a chooser?  I am interested in checking out the ALD lineage.
    IIRC, The mix doesn't sound much better than #3.  I think that's one of ALD sources that is impossible to find by itself.
    Image result for charlie brown kick gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:
    demetrios said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    And Portland
    source: [Nak700 > DTR80P] + [SBD (mono) > ALD > DAT] => CDR, lineage: CDR > CDR > .flac, transfer: EAC > FLAC frontend > .flac
    I've had a NAK 2 source mix for a long while, but definitely not with and ALD line.  Do you have to have this flac?  I would love to compare it to what I have.  

And then to the larger world reading if you are reading, does anyone have the ALD source alone?
    I got these 3 sources ..

3.) Nakamichi CM700 -> Denon DTR-80p (11th row) / Generation: DAT(M) -> DAT(2) 44.1khz -> FLAC / Transfer: DA-20 -> Monster coax -> DiO 2496 -> Soundforge 6.0 -> (resample to 44.1) -> CDWave -> FLAC [619mb]

IIRC, The mix doesn't sound much better than #3.  I think that's one of ALD sources that is impossible to find by itself.
    I agree, the AUD + ALD matrix for Portland 98 doesn't sound as good as one would imagine.. Not even close to the excellent sound of other similar matrixes (both LA shows from 1998, Mansfield 1998/09/16, St Louis 1998 with two AUD sources mixed with an ALD, or Hartford 1996). I wonder if an ALD source was truly used, or maybe the mix was not properly done, or the original ALD was simply not that good. Also, contrary to the other ALD sources mentioned, I've never seen the ALD source alone available anywhere for Portland 98.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:
    demetrios said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    PB11041 said:
    CopperTom said:
    And Portland

I got these 3 sources ..

I agree, the AUD + ALD matrix for Portland 98 doesn't sound as good as one would imagine.. Not even close to the excellent sound of other similar matrixes (both LA shows from 1998, Mansfield 1998/09/16, St Louis 1998 with two AUD sources mixed with an ALD, or Hartford 1996). I wonder if an ALD source was truly used, or maybe the mix was not properly done, or the original ALD was simply not that good. Also, contrary to the other ALD sources mentioned, I've never seen the ALD source alone available anywhere for Portland 98.
    So Carl just reached out to me on reddit.  Super nice of him, he clarified the Portland source does in fact include an ALD.  The ALD for that particular show has some issues in and of itself.   In any event I would based on the information he shared with me trust that his source guides at the link above are quite accurate.  Some of the ALDs are just better than others.

There are actually quite a few more ALD shows in 1998 than I knew of. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652