2023 NASCAR Season!!! Starts on pg 12.

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Dale Earnhardt Sr.
    Jimmy Johnson
    Richard Petty
    Jeff Gordon

I've got no problems with this at all.

Allison, Yarborough, DW and Pearson need to be mentioned in the conversation too.

DEI brought drafting into the forefront of racing.
    JJ has won 7 championships and has dominated NASCAR for the past 15 years.
    #43.  Most wins ever.  Raced amongst everyone mentioned on here sans JJ.  So how is that for a career?!?
    The Rainbow Warrior brought pit crew training to the modern era and forever changed the sport.
    I could only pick 4.  LOL.  Mine are in order.  If JJ wins another he'll be at the top and maybe should be anyway. I believe he is the driver to win Championships under the old points system and the playoffs. 

Lot's of great drivers to choose from.  I might even have Gordon above Petty.  Earnhardt, Gordon and Johnston have raced, are racing in a generation when on any given weekend any one of 20-25 teams could win.  Nascar is so much more competitive today than when Petty raced.  But you can not dispute his win totals, championships. and innovations.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Crazy race yesterday, eh?   Never seen so many wrecks at the end of a race!
    edited February 2019
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Until all the wrecks started happening I thought the 24 and 48 were teams to beat...

Dayton is usually good for a big one or 2.  Pack racing at 200 miles an hour will do that.  No better racing that stock cars...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    10 laps to go and wreck...

This does help #24 Byron though.

Root for a clean race to the end and for William Byron.  The kid is good and he is running the Gordon flames and number so I've found my new driver to cheer on.
    Did anybody die?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    10 laps to go and wreck...

This does help #24 Byron though.

Root for a clean race to the end and for William Byron.  The kid is good and he is running the Gordon flames and number so I've found my new driver to cheer on.
    Did anybody die?
    No.  The cars and tracks have jumped light years in safety.  
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    That's typical for a restrictor place race.

When you have 40 cars going the same speed and someone wants to change their position this happens.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    https://sports.yahoo.com/las-vegas-nascar-keselowski-too-144638194.html
    Great race yesterday.  I thought for sure that Keslowski was going to win.  

He had Logano on the last lap but couldn't get past him.

My guy Byron was 16th...  Need to find some more speed their Hendricks.
    Hendricks Motorsports has been in decline for years.  They are going nowhere unless they switch to Toyota.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Hendricks Motorsports has been in decline for years.  They are going nowhere unless they switch to Toyota.
    Johnson won a championship only 2 years ago.

They have a kid in Byron that has won every stage of racing in his short career.

Hendricks will be fine.

For whatever reason I see Ford doing really well with the newer cars.

They have a kid in Byron that has won every stage of racing in his short career.

Hendricks will be fine.

Jimmy Johnston is one of the top drivers in the world, even he is now struggling at Hendricks.  Hendricks was blessed with good drivers, but the decline started when Bush was replaced, Earnhardt.  That was a dumb decision.  Bush is now one of the top drivers, fearless balls too the wall driver.  They need to switch manufacturers...

Chase Elliot was the heir apparent at one time.  Hendrick has lost his magic at picking drivers, even Johnston was discovered by Gordon.

Great team for many years, but just like Childress, it appears blind loyalty to a manufacturer and a poor decision to let Bush go has proven their time has come and gone.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Hendricks will be fine.

Jimmy Johnston is one of the top drivers in the world, even he is now struggling at Hendricks.  Hendricks was blessed with good drivers, but the decline started when Bush was replaced, Earnhardt.  That was a dumb decision.  Bush is now one of the top drivers, fearless balls too the wall driver.  They need to switch manufacturers...

Chase Elliot was the heir apparent at one time.  Hendrick has lost his magic at picking drivers, even Johnston was discovered by Gordon.

Great team for many years, but just like Childress, it appears blind loyalty to a manufacturer and a poor decision to let Bush go has proven their time has come and gone.
    Yeah the disconnect between Knauss and Jonson was a long time coming and finally came to a head last year with JJ's frustration of not winning a race.

They brought in Earnhardt to teach them all how to win restrictor plate races.  I was sad to see Busch go too but what Dale Jr could show them was worth it at the time.

Chase Elliott I had hopes for but he didn't turn out the way I had hoped.

Watch this kid Byron though.  He is going to be great.

Toyota has made leaps and bounds in the sport.  My old company used to have a race team and I remember when they switched engines from Chevy to Toyota in the Silver Crown league.  I had discussions with people that worked on the cars and they all said Toyota was doing good things.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

that would definitely make me dislike russell, even more.

vegas athletes:

agassi, a prince.

harper and bryant, meh.

maddux and the busch brothers, garbage.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    homely kyle busch has a decidedly non-homely wife.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    And win number 199 all career today too!
    Wobbie said:
    thus, the non-homely wife.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    thus, the non-homely wife.
    Dude.  You ever see the movie Talladega Nights?  Great spoof.  Every driver has a gorgeous wife.

My old company had a race team and we had a guy on the team that had a following and his girlfriend was good looking.  This driver also used to swap girls w Earnheardt Jr too.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    "And he went doooowwwwnnn, swingin"
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Congrats Kyle Busch!

That team is locked in right now.
    Fuck that guy. :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    and his gold digging wife :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    You should spend some time on the positivity thread.  It might do you some good.
    Congrats Keslowski.

Hendricks' Chase Elliott had a chance to bump and run him but didn't so he got second...
    Kyle Busch wins again.  Damn.

Penske and Coach Gibbs racing are killing it this year...

Would liked to have seen Older brother Kurt "wreck" his brother to take the win.  That would have been interesting, lol!

Hendricks had Johnson doing well so maybe they will turn it around.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    I thought the racing overall at Bristol was great on Sunday.  Lots of passing and action going throughout the race.  Sucks the place was almost empty though. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    JojoRice said:
    I thought the racing overall at Bristol was great on Sunday.  Lots of passing and action going throughout the race.  Sucks the place was almost empty though. 
    I saw that too.  The turns had NO ONE!!! 35,000 people in a 160,000 venue is a problem.

Not sure what is going on with the attendance?  I know it's down all around.

I love the product and do like seeing Busch and Keslowski winning as I like both of those drivers even though they aren't my Hendricks drivers.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    JojoRice said:
    I saw that too.  The turns had NO ONE!!! 35,000 people in a 160,000 venue is a problem.

Not sure what is going on with the attendance?  I know it's down all around.

I love the product and do like seeing Busch and Keslowski winning as I like both of those drivers even though they aren't my Hendricks drivers.
    Ive never been to Bristol but from what I've heard, it's not the easiest track to get too.  There's also very limited number of hotels in the area and most of them charge $300 per night with a 2 night minimum.  Plus Bristol already has some of the highest ticket prices of all the tracks.  I think it's a combination of all those factors.  Plus just the general lack of interest over the last few years. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Congratulations to Kyle Busch!

Your 2019 NASCAR champion.
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    You should spend some time on the positivity thread.  It might do you some good.
    :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14