2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    so has the ship sailed on that woodstock disaster?
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    What festivals have not announced for the year? I think I'd be willing to give up on 2019 hope once Lolla, Global Citizen and ACL announce their lineups.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I’ve had a feeling about acl as well. Probably just wishful thinking but it’d be a nice hometown treat. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    tschav said:
    What festivals have not announced for the year? I think I'd be willing to give up on 2019 hope once Lolla, Global Citizen and ACL announce their lineups.
    Those, plus Outside Lands
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    I know what concert I will be going to this year. First albums played front to back. 

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    JimmyV said:
    The only residency I would be interested in is Seattle, and only then if it was part of a larger plan to renovate/rebuild/replace the arena and bring back the Sonics.

13 shows at MSG for Phish, who tour constantly and do a variety of interesting, outside the box things every year, seems cool. 13 shows at MSG for Pearl Jam, who does not tour constantly and rarely does interesting or outside the box things, would feel a bit like a cash grab.
    I agree with this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    That tour better come to Europe. Two fantastic albums 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:
    The only residency I would be interested in is Seattle, and only then if it was part of a larger plan to renovate/rebuild/replace the arena and bring back the Sonics.

13 shows at MSG for Phish, who tour constantly and do a variety of interesting, outside the box things every year, seems cool. 13 shows at MSG for Pearl Jam, who does not tour constantly and rarely does interesting or outside the box things, would feel a bit like a cash grab.
    I agree with this.
    This is supposed to be the plan. I hope it hasn't changed. Kelly Curtis was working with Oak View Group on this. The Key Arena is currently being gutted and renovation has begun. The Seattle NHL team will begin playing there for the 2021 season. It is being promoted as a world class music venue when complete. So hopefully PJ is still a band in 2021 and will begin doing an annual residency there.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    PJNB said:
    I know what concert I will be going to this year. First albums played front to back. 

Throwing Copper isn't Live's 1st album, but yes, this show sounds great.
    RK50065 said:
    PJNB said:

True! Forgot about that for Live. 
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    MayDay10 said:
    so has the ship sailed on that woodstock disaster?
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/03/woodstock-50-lineup-leak/
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    tschav said:
    Kaaboo and Voodoo still have yet to announce
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
    RK50065 said:
    PJNB said:

Very pumped for this.  OLP is the cherry on top
  • PJNB said:

Nice. Would be even better if OLP played “clumsy” in its entirety also. 
    PJNB said:

Loved that album growing up too.

I have done some searching and have yet to find any official word if they are in fact playing the full albums or not. I was going off of other websites and Facebook. Either way going to be a great show imo and will fill the PJ void if they do in fact not play this year. 
  • gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Loved that album growing up too.

I have done some searching and have yet to find any official word if they are in fact playing the full albums or not. I was going off of other websites and Facebook. Either way going to be a great show imo and will fill the PJ void if they do in fact not play this year. 
    They did a Clumsy tour in 17
    Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited March 2019
    There's also this for you 90's fans of alt rock:
    Image result for smashing pumpkins noel gallagher
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    I can't believe the northwest is getting ignored for all this nostalgia! 
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    tschav said:
    March 21 for Kaaboo in San Diego. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The bright side is always that if there won't be any touring then maybe there will be some recording.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    The bright side is always that if there won't be any touring then maybe there will be some recording.
    Honestly I think most of us thought 2017 was the year for that with 2018 being the album touring year. I hope you are right this time. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Honestly I think most of us thought 2017 was the year for that with 2018 being the album touring year. I hope you are right this time. 
    I know I did. I'm still kind of shocked they weren't finishing up the album last fall.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    I know I did. I'm still kind of shocked they weren't finishing up the album last fall.
    I think that the impact of Chris’ death on all of this is being seriously underestimated. Unfortunately, a lot of things changed when he passed. Plans, inspirations, motivations... I can only imagine how bad this hurt all of them. I just hope that they are (or will) find the creative and recording process to be positive, maybe even healing. I am sure that will be part of what any new music gives us fans, whenever it comes. 

To me, this might be the most logical explanation for why Can’t Deny Me was released as the first single for a forthcoming new album, only to have the whole concept completely change course. Time will tell. I’m just glad we have time and that Mike, Stone, Matt, Jeff and Eddie are all healthy and (hopefully) happy. And Boom! Sorry, Boom. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    I think that the impact of Chris’ death on all of this is being seriously underestimated. Unfortunately, a lot of things changed when he passed. Plans, inspirations, motivations... I can only imagine how bad this hurt all of them. I just hope that they are (or will) find the creative and recording process to be positive, maybe even healing. I am sure that will be part of what any new music gives us fans, whenever it comes. 

To me, this might be the most logical explanation for why Can’t Deny Me was released as the first single for a forthcoming new album, only to have the whole concept completely change course. Time will tell. I’m just glad we have time and that Mike, Stone, Matt, Jeff and Eddie are all healthy and (hopefully) happy. And Boom! Sorry, Boom. 
    I think it’s seriously overestimated. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

There’s no way im
    buying into this. EVERYONE here has lost loved ones or friends. I’m sure they all experienced loss at some point. How could this complete disinterest in their band be blamed on Cornell. I just can’t get behind this sentiment. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    PJNB said:

Maybe I'd check out OLP (their set will be extremely short) Live and then some of Bush... Great opportunity to beat the traffic

This tour shows Live Nation's desperate attempts to fill the summer sheds which is ironic because some bands are desperate to keep them empty.

The math just doesn't make sense. Seems fans are having trouble getting pumped to fork over nearly $100 to sit very far from the stage to see bands they used to see in 3000 and smaller venues for half the price.

Ticket sales for the other double headers are dreadful so far (Benjamin/Chevelle, Korn/AIC). All decent bands and terrific in smaller venues

PJNB said:

Maybe I'd check out OLP (their set will be extremely short) Live and then some of Bush... Great opportunity to beat the traffic

This tour shows Live Nation's desperate attempts to fill the summer sheds which is ironic because some bands are desperate to keep them empty.

The math just doesn't make sense. Seems fans are having trouble getting pumped to fork over nearly $100 to sit very far from the stage to see bands they used to see in 3000 and smaller venues for half the price.

Ticket sales for the other double headers are dreadful so far (Benjamin/Chevelle, Korn/AIC). All decent bands and terrific in smaller venues

Not sure about the other venues but the one I am looking at is $65-$95 at 4000 capacity theatre. I would gladly pay that to see this stellar line up. I will be honest I do not like much of Bush past Sixteen Stone but that is one fantastic album as is Throwing Copper. I could see if you saw these guys before and were not a die hard it would be a pass but not for me. 
    I agree.  Never seen either, but loved both albums and it will be a privilege to see them live.  Add in OLP likely playing a handful of their crown pleasers....  I'm going to much less concerts these days and this gets me to break out my wallet and find a baby sitter.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    tschav said:

Festivals are a wasted opportunity for bands these days.

The Who is charging nearly $200 for stadium level 2, $250 for stadium level 1, $340 for rear orch and $425 for front orch.

Prices compared to just 4 years ago for them are totally off the charts.
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

There’s no way im
    buying into this. EVERYONE here has lost loved ones or friends. I’m sure they all experienced loss at some point. How could this complete disinterest in their band be blamed on Cornell. I just can’t get behind this sentiment. 
    I can i think it changed alot of stuff ,even. Jeff said its hard to wrap our heads around it ,Death is a serious ,and its a big deal,to be in the spot light ,and move past things like this ,maybe they are working or want to create something like TOTD for chris and finsish the Album

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014