A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Watched the Red Wedding with my son the other night. His reaction was great. I started getting a little amped up in anticipation. 1st time I had seen it since it originally aired.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    JK_Livin said:
    Watched the Red Wedding with my son the other night. His reaction was great. I started getting a little amped up in anticipation. 1st time I had seen it since it originally aired.
    I felt this one for a few days.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Are those bones just from their feeding?
    We're up to S5E1 with my son. 40 days, 26 episodes to go.We had to put it on pause for a few weeks because he has SAT's this weekend.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    YES! I saw this earlier....can NOT WAIT!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I got goosebumps when the dragons flew over Sansa.  Going to be awesome.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Jaime Lannister finally fighting on the right side. A lot of characters are going to die, and some probably again. This is going to be a hell of a murderous season.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Holy crap that trailer is badass!!  
    I'm re-watching all the seasons again.  I'm halfway through season 3.  Hope I can get them all re-watched before April 14th!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Well at least we know Tormund and Beric survived the zombie dragon attack.  Gendry Baratheon is back too.

No real insight on how the army of the Kingdom of Bud Light will factor in though ...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    tbergs said:
    Jaime Lannister finally fighting on the right side.

First thing I thought. I got chills watching this.
    On the downside, I need to once again watch a refresher video to get caught up with all that I forgot happened.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    TORMUND!!!

That is all.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    tbergs said:

On the downside, I need to once again watch a refresher video to get caught up with all that I forgot happened.
    Yeah I'm definitely going to need to watch season 7 again before this last one starts up.  It has been so long and forgot so much...
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    tbergs said:

Yeah I'm definitely going to need to watch season 7 again before this last one starts up.  It has been so long and forgot so much...
    We're about half way through re-watching season 5 at the moment. There are already a lot of things that I'd forgotten from earlier seasons; we'll probably spot a few things in S6 as well.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    I pray to the old gods and the new gods that the next book is released upon the conclusion of the series.
    Jason P said:
    I pray to the old gods and the new gods that the next book is released upon the conclusion of the series.
    Probably safe here but don’t mention any hope or positive speculation that that’s the plan in a crowd Uber book nerds
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    It sounds like he has been humming on Winds of Winter.  I could also see it as a planned announcement at some point following the conclusion of the TV series to keep the series in the general consciousness.

Then Dream of Spring by 2035.

book spoiler:
    I have been watching the series, trying to catch up before the finale.  Just watched Rains of Castamere.  Its tough.  So many things I love from the books are just glossed over.  I think they did a great job, and there is only so much time and money. 
    When Catalyn was standing there for the dramatic pause after Robb was stabbed, I was intensely waiting for her to start to tear her face apart.

The way that scene played out in the theater of my brain was near perfect.  Loved the scene in the book.  Also liked the extra layer of deception from the Westerlings and how Jaime later had to face them.  

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I like Cersei looking all smug in her scenes. 
    This is gonna be balls-out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    tbergs said:
    Jaime Lannister finally fighting on the right side. A lot of characters are going to die, and some probably again. This is going to be a hell of a murderous season.
    I always end up rooting for Jamie when I watch the recent seasons. But then when I rewatch the old ones I remember how horrible of a person he was and deserves to get killed. So I'm sort of torn on how I want his story to end.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    It looked like Arya was holding Dragons Glass and at one point there was an assembly line making it.

Shit's on yo!
    A few thoughts, who/what was Arya running from? Seemed to be she may have been in the tunnels of Winterfell. Will she get to complete her list? Half of them are in Winterfell and the other half at the Red Keep.

Will the evil Cersei finally be killed off or is she going to survive? She will need to have the most epic death for there to be any satisfaction in justice finally being served. Maybe they should let the Night King devour her smug little face or the Mountain snap and split her in two.

mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    I always end up rooting for Jamie when I watch the recent seasons. But then when I rewatch the old ones I remember how horrible of a person he was and deserves to get killed. So I'm sort of torn on how I want his story to end.
    Agreed, I was thinking of how much I hated him in the first few seasons even though his character was awesome. They've done a good job with the slow moral growth. He has relapsed several times, but I think this may finally be the turning point. It would also be fitting for him to finally be the one to put an end to Cersei, but I think he would die doing it.
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    Agreed, I was thinking of how much I hated him in the first few seasons even though his character was awesome. They've done a good job with the slow moral growth. He has relapsed several times, but I think this may finally be the turning point. It would also be fitting for him to finally be the one to put an end to Cersei, but I think he would die doing it.
    They came into the world together. May as well go out together.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    tbergs said:
    A few thoughts, who/what was Arya running from? Seemed to be she may have been in the tunnels of Winterfell. Will she get to complete her list? Half of them are in Winterfell and the other half at the Red Keep.

Will the evil Cersei finally be killed off or is she going to survive? She will need to have the most epic death for there to be any satisfaction in justice finally being served. Maybe they should let the Night King devour her smug little face or the Mountain snap and split her in two.

I feel like Arya was running from a White Walker since the the wights tend to swarm and overtake everything. Also think she’s survives because she has to make it to The Mountain and I think the major White Walker threat ends relatively early. 

Were half in the Red Keep? I thought the group of women, children and eunuchs were in the Crypts as well.

Part of me says Jaime becomes Queenslayer and gets Cersei and part of me says he fulfills his nickname on the ultimate way and get the honors of killing the Night King.

A lot of people are speculating the scene with Dany, Jon and the dragons in the field of bones is at the very end, but I’m betting it comes before they even get to Winterfell or on the way back down south. No way they give that much away in a trailer.

I think the fate of the kingdom will rest in Samwell Tarly’s hands.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    Jason P said:
    I think the fate of the kingdom will rest in Samwell Tarly’s hands.  
    That and Bran.  Those two will play big parts.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Shit is going to hit the fan when Sam tells John he is throwing shots into his auntie
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    JK_Livin said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    More than once....
    mace1229 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    More than once....
    Ba-dum-bah! Haha! 
    Shit is going to hit the fan when Sam tells John he is throwing shots into his auntie
    GOT, where's it's normal to have sexual relations with numerous members of your family tree.
    Hahaha.  True