HBO: True Detective

1131415161719»

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited March 2019
    The ending felt (plotwise) very by-the-book Scandinavian Noir crime thriller.. but so did Season 1...

Great atmosphere and acting in season 3 though, and him solving the case but with a twist was interesting.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415
    I will watch the final episode later of third seson..
    really enjoy this season, on the same level with first..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    New season starts Sunday....reviews are good
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Watched a few episodes of S1 recently, again.  That theme song is an earworm, man.  Wow.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Watched a few episodes of S1 recently, again.  That theme song is an earworm, man.  Wow.
    Yes it is...just listened to it since I forgot!

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    edited January 8
    Good luck getting it out of you head!
    "Hidden in the branches 
    Of the poison creosote "

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Liked S4 E2 quite a bit.  This shit is all connected back to S1.  
    Very interested to see where this goes.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Nothing to do with the show but I've fallen asleep twice watching the first episode. Hoping to finish tonight and start the second one.

I know I really liked season 1 but don't quite remember all the weird shit that happened. Guess I will have to bone up. 

Didn't even watch more the second and third seasons.

Also--really cool seeing them use a Jim James song in the first episode. Music is really good and fits the tone of the show perfectly...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Agree 💯 
    I have a buddy who does the sound and songs for Hollywood and I texted him after watching.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Agree 💯 
    I have a buddy who does the sound and songs for Hollywood and I texted him after watching.

Nice. That's awesome. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 173
    really??? what are the connections from S1? man, gonna have to see S1 again in between waiting for new S3 episodes....

ride amongst the waves...
    edited January 24
    PinoyPJ said:
    really??? what are the connections from S1? man, gonna have to see S1 again in between waiting for new S3 episodes....

Did you watch e2 yet?

Don't want to spoil so beware if you havent watched E2 yet...but there are three very strong connections.  I'm hoping against hope they somehow kept the word down and we get an appearance from our old pal Rust.

Spoilers.....

Travis would appear to be Rust's dad.  Does that make the lady his mom?  Stepmother?  Did he spend a bunch of time (8 months I think he was gone from Louisiana during S1 timeline) when he supposedly was in Alaska with his sick dad?  Did he find this shit up there, too?  

2.  That circular pattern was all over S1.  I also think what they found in that trailer in the snow was heavily connected to S1, with the dummy and the hand made weirdo things hanging around

3.  The young cop referenced the station being funded by Tuttle group.  They were the dirty folks funding the community center and the politician where Rust broke in and found that awful video tape was Tuttle.  The person he got shelled for investigating after being told to drop it.....
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    man....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    PinoyPJ said:

Did you watch e2 yet?

Don't want to spoil so beware if you havent watched E2 yet...but there are three very strong connections.  I'm hoping against hope they somehow kept the word down and we get an appearance from our old pal Rust.

Spoilers.....

Travis would appear to be Rust's dad.  Does that make the lady his mom?  Stepmother?  Did he spend a bunch of time (8 months I think he was gone from Louisiana during S1 timeline) when he supposedly was in Alaska with his sick dad?  Did he find this shit up there, too?  

2.  That circular pattern was all over S1.  I also think what they found in that trailer in the snow was heavily connected to S1, with the dummy and the hand made weirdo things hanging around

3.  The young cop referenced the station being funded by Tuttle group.  They were the dirty folks funding the community center and the politician where Rust broke in and found that awful video tape was Tuttle.  The person he got shelled for investigating after being told to drop it.....

WOW!  Thanks for the clarification! :o
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I wish they would keep her sex scenes out of the show they serve no purpose! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 173
    PinoyPJ said:

Did you watch e2 yet?

Spoilers.....

thanks man! last episode!

ride amongst the waves...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    It has been pretty damn weird at times and scared the shit out of me a couple times but I have really enjoyed this season.  Had to read some articles to put together the connections with season 1....can't believe that was 10 years ago!
    I can't believe there are only six episodes. That went quick.

Didn't live this episode but last episode was great
    It was ok...honestly I would rank it at the bottom of the four seasons.

I did like how they explained how the scientists died.