Gov't Mule

Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I'm starting to get into them like I did Wilco...such great music.

Just had to post this...not looking for any responses
2005: Borgata 2, Philly
2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
2012: Made in America
2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
2015: Global Citizens
2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Warren Haynes is awesome. I only really listen to one of their cds, but it's flat out awesome.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Warren Haynes is one of the great guitar players of this generation.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Myles Kennedy(Alterbridge) is great fan of Govt Mule... bought Live-With a Little Help From Our Friends a few months ago and was seriously impressed. Their live performance makes you stop and listen.
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Get this show: http://stores.musictoday.com/store/product.asp?band_id=822&dept_id=9614&pf_id=GMDD061124&sfid=2

Amazing performance and an amazing recording. Highlights are Brighter Days, Little Wing, a jammed out Blind Man In The Dark, and an epic version of Cortez The Killer to close. Rocking Horse into the Hunger Strike/Dear Mr. Fantasy medley is pretty hot too.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    The Vacant wrote:
    Get this show: http://stores.musictoday.com/store/product.asp?band_id=822&dept_id=9614&pf_id=GMDD061124&sfid=2

Amazing performance and an amazing recording. Highlights are Brighter Days, Little Wing, a jammed out Blind Man In The Dark, and an epic version of Cortez The Killer to close. Rocking Horse into the Hunger Strike/Dear Mr. Fantasy medley is pretty hot too.

I love the Hunger Strike/Fantasy thing. It's so hot.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    Anyone got an mp3 of them playing Hunger Strike with Myles Kennedy singing on it? I had it, but lost it when I reformatted my pc a few months ago.
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I finally got to see them for the first time in December. They blew me away. Just seeing the talent of Waren Hayes and their drummer (sorry I don't know his name offhand) was something else.
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    their live shows are something just to hear, but seeing them play takes it to another level. not because of gimicky lights or smoke or any of that shit, but just to see them play, you really understand how much they love the music and what they're doing. definitely one of the better live acts out there today.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Great, great band!!!

Warren is unreal on the guitar!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Bump for Warren!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Warren Haynes is absolutely inspirational to watch live and Matt Abts (gov't mule's drummer) is one of the few musicians I've ever seen who matches up with him. Their chemistry together is incredible and the rest of the band only pushes them to even greater heights.
    The best way to really get into them is to get some of their live shows and it is hard to go wrong with almost any of the shows at http://www.muletracks.com. I'd agree with the recommendation of the recent Philly show but either of the two Mountain Jam shows or the set with John Paul Jones at Bonnaroo are all phenomenal stuff.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    What's a good live album to start with for Govt Mule? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14