Rarest poster Borgata Variant

fgross4070fgross4070 Posts: 20
edited January 2019 in The Art Wall
you guys have it wrong

borgata 2005. With Kinney. They made 4 one of ones. Signed by Klausen. All 4 have different colored banners. All signed 1 of 1. The only one I’ve ever seen for sale is now up on ebay. I heard that the last one went for 5k but I can’t find these anywhere. This one is up for 3500!!!
Post edited by fgross4070 on

Comments

• fgross4070fgross4070 Posts: 20
    edited January 2019
    Pics on ebay 

• Did anyone actually buy this?
  • Did anyone actually buy this?
    Never mind.  It's still up there and lowered to $2500.

It'll sell for $500 maybe not anywhere near the $2500 they are asking.
    edited February 2019
    500?

lol. That’s 250 over the concert poster. You won’t find these 1/1 banner posters anywhere

im guessing this sells at 2 grand. Great investment I think

• 500?

lol. That’s 250 over the concert poster. You won’t find these 1/1 banner posters anywhere

im guessing this sells at 2 grand. Great investment I think

Now lowered to $2000...

Just because it's rare doesn't mean it's worth a lot.
  • It’s a 1/1 PJ SN Variant. 500!

• You should open up this convo on Lost Dogs.

I'm sure some of the other heavy hitters will weigh in on this.

It would get lots of eyeballs there!
  • Thanks!
  • Thanks!
    I actually invited people on here.

We shall see what others think.

It will be interesting.
  • Thanks for the help
  • The guy has been trying to sell his collection at hugely overestimated prices for a couple of years, with some very dubious claims about how many exist and some very worrying pictures of how his collection is stored/looked after.
  • It’s framed and in mint. All of his Ebay poster sales have positive feedback too
  • The guy has been trying to sell his collection at hugely overestimated prices for a couple of years, with some very dubious claims about how many exist and some very worrying pictures of how his collection is stored/looked after.
    I was curious as to what you think the price should be Andy?
    It's very difficult to put a price against a 1 of 1, even if there are 4 of them.  AP's of this print sell for around $300, the variant/misprints probably up to $500.So maybe these should be somewhere around $1k.

As to condition, you don't know that it is mint until it is taken out of the frame.
  • Me too. Some opinion of how this person stores posters doesn’t help at all. He’s sold some really great rare posters that everyone wants - billboard, Carey Chicago, double Seattle Variant, etc etc
  • I did contact the guy and he’s gotten two 1800 offers FYI. He won’t sell it for less than 2k. And says nicely frames and money back guarantee
    It's very difficult to put a price against a 1 of 1, even if there are 4 of them.  AP's of this print sell for around $300, the variant/misprints probably up to $500.So maybe these should be somewhere around $1k.

As to condition, you don't know that it is mint until it is taken out of the frame.
    You need to find the right buyer for 1K, that's for sure!
  • He’s Been offered 1800 twice
  • He’s Been offered 1800 twice
    He should have taken it...
  • I’m actually thinking of buying this at 2k. I don’t see how it’s a bad purchase. And likely can be auctioned off with a collection
  • I’m actually thinking of buying this at 2k. I don’t see how it’s a bad purchase. And likely can be auctioned off with a collection
    If you like it, buy it.

I don't see any monetary upside in this poster though so good luck.
  • Here is the other Borgata that BRAD sold. It’s hanging in my man cave
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
    edited February 2019
    Hmmm. So there are two 1/1?!?!

how much do you think it is worth
  • I paid 450 for it, Brad sold these for his printing company that was struggling at the time along with two 1/1 Camden 2008. it was four 1/1 's in total. Ive no clue what its worth but, I would never let it go. My shot in the dark guess would be around a grand.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Edited to change from we both have 1/1s to there are two 1/1s
    Raymond, is that you?!
    https://youtu.be/0XCqc9fIGJ0

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Show was 2005

i was told that the four 1/1 all had different banner colors???
  • Yes! Four 1/1’s. TWO Borgata’s and TWO Camden 2008. Each are different from the other with different colors on each. 
  • Thanks. Was confused. I’m thinking of offering 2k. The guy has gotten two 1800 offers
  • candleofthoughtcandleofthought Posts: 882
    edited February 2019
    I think that’s steep. I wouldn’t let mine go for 1800 tbh but, if you need to have it, I’m not gonna tell you how to spend the money that you made. That’s your choice. The fact nobody has paid 1800 says it’s not worth 1800. An item is only worth what someone will pay for it.