2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    PJNB said:
    Nervous about this being interpreted as anything other than curious but does it not strike anyone else as curious we have gone from "can't dent me on forthcoming album" to absolute crickets for the band and Ed touring solo alnost same journey he took two years ago.
    lb
    Something about the US he is not happy about the last 2 years??
    It appears the album is not being done as quickly as they thought. It also appears that they do not plan to do a tour until it is done. I would not look at any other way then that and definitely not a NA issue. The question I have is why are they not hammering down and getting this album done?

Yeah, that's kinda my follow up question and I don't want to come across as complaining. Im curious why this is the current path considering a new album was mentioned last March and even again at Fenway. There are so many good writers in the band an album couldn't be too...

If Ed announced an 18 show NA arena or large theatre tour, I dont think there's be too many worries about ticket sales and it would make more sense bc it's been a long time since he has toured here, unlike Euro. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    The “forthcoming album” statement was a classic case of speaking too soon. Now, we wait. 
  • BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 397
    Nervous about this being interpreted as anything other than curious but does it not strike anyone else as curious we have gone from "can't dent me on forthcoming album" to absolute crickets for the band and Ed touring solo alnost same journey he took two years ago.

Something about the US he is not happy about the last 2 years??
    Election? Trump?

edited February 2019
    bbiggs said:
    The “forthcoming album” statement was a classic case of speaking too soon. Now, we wait. 

Yeah time for me to let that go.

I wish I was better at letting this go by

I think since they are typically secretive about their upcoming plans, the forthcoming album announcement held alot of weight with me.

I wish in light of the wake of where we are now, legitimate confusion as to whether we are heading into another period of extended inactivity, they'd address this

Inactivity is fine, it's their right, it just seemed 2019 was going to be a special year for the faithfull

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Can't Deny Me is almost a year old.   It was released last March.   While I didnt think that the album was "coming soon" I DID think it was further along than it is.   i figured it would be within the year of the Cant Deny Me release.  I think a lot of people were thinking that the album would be out in the weeks or few months afterward.  In my head, I was thinking a Post-HomeShows release, like a September-October release, with Spring tour dates.    

oh well.   I still have hope for this album, though. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • MSG either the week before or after the August Live Nation woodstock show. friend of a friend of a guy...
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    troll565 said:
    MSG either the week before or after the August Live Nation woodstock show. friend of a friend of a guy...
    Man I hope so...but wouldn;t that crush attendance at the festival?
  • RS65573 said:
    troll565 said:
    MSG either the week before or after the August Live Nation woodstock show. friend of a friend of a guy...
    not if its announced well after woodstock tix go onsale. that's all i know/heard, that they were trying to schedule a MSG show right before or after woodstock.

Makes sense though; eddie in europe until july. woodstock. then USA PJ Arena shows Aug-Sept...?
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    troll565 said:
    🤔
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    troll565 said:
    RS65573 said:
    troll565 said:
    not if its announced well after woodstock tix go onsale. that's all i know/heard, that they were trying to schedule a MSG show right before or after woodstock.

Makes sense though; eddie in europe until july. woodstock. then USA PJ Arena shows Aug-Sept...?
    Not sure to take you serious with a name like that... lol. Hope so! 
  • PJNB said:
    troll565 said:
    RS65573 said:
    troll565 said:

Not sure to take you serious with a name like that... lol. Hope so! 
    ha. yeah...signed up a loooong time ago. it was my fraternity nickname. well before the internet. lol
    That would be awesome if true though I feel if they do play Woodstock this year that is all we are getting. I find it hard to believe that they get an album done and released by the summer. If you hear anything else keep us updated!
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    We should know about Woodstock soon.   Lineup is supposed to be announced this month.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    wow an actual rumor! (first in about a dozen pages) woo hoo!
    by a guy named 'troll'... darnit!
    but.. he joined in 1998..ok, now we're talking... this is great news..

troll565 said:

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    What is the rumored woodstock date?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    The event is set for Aug 16th to the 18th. I heard they will announce the line up this month. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The event is set for Aug 16th to the 18th. I heard they will announce the line up this month. 
    Fingers crossed for the week before
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Nothing is official until it's posted on Alternative Nation  ;)
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    RS65573 said:
    troll565 said:

Dear Fellow Pearl Jam Fan:

Not a chance.
    Pearl Jam could sell out at least 59 consecutive shows at MSG.
    edited February 2019
    Since all is quiet on the PJ front I am looking at other options for shows this summer. Unrelated to rumours I guess but man it is incredible that Bush is still touring as much as they do. I was going through a list of bands from the 90's that I still want to see live that I was unable to in the past and I checked their tour stats out. 65 shows last year and 64 shows the year before. You have to add up 6 years for Pearl Jam to match that. Yes they are only playing 10-15 song sets but they are still on the road and rocking it out. I have a lot of respect for that. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • I love that 16 stone lp

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I saw Bush twice two summers ago. Once at a festival and once headlining. Crazy Gavin was running through the crowds, certainly bringing some life into the shows. I would highly recommend. 
  • I saw Bush quite some time ago.  Good show. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    saw Bush on the Razorblade Suitcase tour. Veruca Salt opened. Awesome show. 

Saw Gavin solo several years back in a 1500 seat theatre. it was good. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    troll565 said:
    We have been down this road.  Booking arenas and holding dates are no guarantees that they will even tour.  But this is how it all starts.....with little rumors. They must be throwing major dollars at PJ to play Woodstock.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I vote for:

No Woodstock.

Then, announce MSG a week after Woodstock tickets have gone on sale. For the same weekend as Woodstock. 

The folks who are just random concertgoers would have already committed to Woodstock. Freeing up many tickets for us PJ folks.

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    edited February 2019

Post edited by SandyRavage on
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    RS65573 said:
    troll565 said:
    Based on previous concert announcement timelines, if a Aug/ sept is true then we should get an announcement in early to mid April wth rumoured cities starting to populate now.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fingers crossed for the week before
    Weren’t you the one who posted that you would pass on Woodstock and spend your money somewhere else? In fact, didn’t you post a few negatives about it?