Options

Expresso Beans

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Site is cleaned up and purring like a kitten again.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,105
    Site is cleaned up and purring like a kitten again.
    Almost. A lot of it is better, but a lot of the pictures for art are still not showing up (at least for me) and still can’t add art. 
  • Options
    The site is down as far as i'm concerned.  You can get to the homepage and login, but forget about searching.  If you have old direct links to a certain piece they still work.  Tried reaching out to them but no response.  I guess this site might be dead.  Collectionzz is awesome, but it's not a historical database, only personal collections and what's for sale.  thecolorsblend.com is good for finding a particular historical print, but expressobeans really nailed the price histories(as good as you can be), ability to contact someone that might be selling/buying, and the listing of ALL the different editions a poster was released in.  If collectionzz had this type of database it'd be game/set/match.
  • Options
    wvubrad said:
    The site is down as far as i'm concerned.  You can get to the homepage and login, but forget about searching.  If you have old direct links to a certain piece they still work.  Tried reaching out to them but no response.  I guess this site might be dead.  Collectionzz is awesome, but it's not a historical database, only personal collections and what's for sale.  thecolorsblend.com is good for finding a particular historical print, but expressobeans really nailed the price histories(as good as you can be), ability to contact someone that might be selling/buying, and the listing of ALL the different editions a poster was released in.  If collectionzz had this type of database it'd be game/set/match.
    Give collectionzz some time. The vision is there and I have no doubt it will surprise us in the months/years to come. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    yeah i tried accessing beans a few days ago. couldn't search a damn thing. shame. it was a great tool. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    wvubrad said:
    Give collectionzz some time. The vision is there and I have no doubt it will surprise us in the months/years to come. 

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    Collectionzz isn’t equivalent. It doesn’t fulfill the same need. For people like me and most poster collectors I know, we just want the data. I don’t need to see pictures from someone’s personal collection, I just want the poster info, which is detailed on every poster on ebeans, the trackable sales history, the current members looking to sell that poster, and if I want that info on the variants, that’s all there too. It’s cool that Collectionzz exists and people are using it, there’s room for everything, but its not in the running to replace ebeans, as a database EB is pretty much irreplaceable. 
    It’s a bummer that it’s become unreliable, but it’s importance is obvious when it goes down and everyone flocks to the boards to react to it. 
  • Options
    wvubrad said:
    I don’t think it’s dead, as far as I know they’re still working on getting it fixed. (And even when it was reliable they’re communication was pretty awful)
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,312
    Collectionzz isn’t equivalent. It doesn’t fulfill the same need. For people like me and most poster collectors I know, we just want the data. I don’t need to see pictures from someone’s personal collection, I just want the poster info, which is detailed on every poster on ebeans, the trackable sales history, the current members looking to sell that poster, and if I want that info on the variants, that’s all there too. It’s cool that Collectionzz exists and people are using it, there’s room for everything, but its not in the running to replace ebeans, as a database EB is pretty much irreplaceable. 
    It’s a bummer that it’s become unreliable, but it’s importance is obvious when it goes down and everyone flocks to the boards to react to it. 
    This 
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life