Options

Expresso Beans

Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,122
edited January 2019 in Lost Dogs
I know this is the “Flea Market”, so I hope it’s ok to post this here, but as a lot of poster collectors here use expressobeans, I’m just wondering if the site is being weird for anyone else? A lot of the poster art just isn’t showing up, it sends me to a white screen to log in, and there’s what looks to be computer code appearing on the home page towards the lower left corner. Anyone else having this issue?

Post edited by Jimmydean55 on

Comments

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    It has been shit for a while. Collectionzz is the future. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    That sucks. I was just getting used to it! It’s been fine for me except the last few weeks. 
  • Options
    Shumway35Shumway35 Milton, Ontario Posts: 326
    Yeah - I noticed the same thing 
    2000 - Toronto 
    2005 - St. John's 2
    2006 - Toronto 1 & 2 
    2009 - Toronto 
    2011 - Toronto 1 
    2013 - Pittsburgh,  Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit 
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto 1, Wrigley 1 
    2018 - Wrigley 1 & 2
    2019 - Ohana Festival 
    2022 - Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Nashville
    2023 - St. Paul 1 & 2
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    This. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Expressobeans hasnt been correct in years honestly.  
  • Options
    Shumway35 said:
    Yeah - I noticed the same thing 
    Ok, so it’s not just me!
  • Options
    I haven’t had an issue until about 2-3 weeks ago. But if this continues, it sounds like it might be time to open a Collectionzz account...
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    EB is a disaster
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    rboszkorboszko Posts: 51
    Yes  Also having problems with EB. 
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    I just used EB last week and it was fine. They're definitely having issues now though.
  • Options
    I haven’t had an issue until about 2-3 weeks ago. But if this continues, it sounds like it might be time to open a Collectionzz account...
    Im talking about accurate price history
  • Options
    Gotcha. Yeah, there’s definitely an issue there. 
  • Options
    Dvdpenny72Dvdpenny72 Seattle Posts: 108
    SJD3232 said:
    This. 
    Double this 😉
  • Options
    That is almost next to impossible to actually track.

With all the raffles and underground sales that go on tracking something will be tough.

Then you'll have all the big time poster sites inflating prices so they can make profits because of a shill "recent sale".

Bidding items on ebay is really what something is worth IMHO.

Rant over.
  • Options
     Even their ebay history is inaccurate though.  I basically use them as a poster inflation guide. “Hmm this sold for $400 last year and us fans are 20% more insane this year so..”
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Same problems with ebeans for a couple weeks now.  I really don't care about price history, I just want the images to appear.
  • Options
    Same problems with ebeans for a couple weeks now.  I really don't care about price history, I just want the images to appear.
    I LIKE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    Not much of a Collectionzz fan, would rather use EB warts and all.  It was cool that they got their hands on the DTE Cells though.  I don't want to have to upload an image to track every poster and then they are also taking a cut for the sales, membership levels, commissioned prints etc.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I LIKE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Exactly!  It's a great database for gig art.  I don't need to track my collection or see other peoples collections/zz.
  • Options
    BB162610 said:
    Not much of a Collectionzz fan, would rather use EB warts and all.  It was cool that they got their hands on the DTE Cells though.  I don't want to have to upload an image to track every poster and then they are also taking a cut for the sales, membership levels, commissioned prints etc.
    You do realize that Collectionzz is a business?  Just like PJ -- also making money off of membership levels, merch, etc.

Fees are charged to help run the business, and I'm sure we're going to be seeing the money being put to work when the site is finished being built to full capacity.  Maybe if expressobeans charged membership fees instead of asking for donations (where did all the money go if the site hasn't worked well in months/years?) their site would be up and running.  Website design, support and maintenance doesn't come cheap.

How would you propose to fund a website you can use for free without taking a fee somewhere?
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    SJD3232 said:
    BB162610 said:
    You do realize that Collectionzz is a business?  Just like PJ -- also making money off of membership levels, merch, etc.

Fees are charged to help run the business, and I'm sure we're going to be seeing the money being put to work when the site is finished being built to full capacity.  Maybe if expressobeans charged membership fees instead of asking for donations (where did all the money go if the site hasn't worked well in months/years?) their site would be up and running.  Website design, support and maintenance doesn't come cheap.

How would you propose to fund a website you can use for free without taking a fee somewhere?
    Overpriced "flash" sales?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    SJD3232 said:
    BB162610 said:

Sold Out.  Items are no longer available.  Overpriced?
  • Options
    SJD3232 said:
    RP112579 said:
    SJD3232 said:
    BB162610 said:

Sold Out.  Items are no longer available.  Overpriced?

If you want a discount doublecheck you'll have to go the ebay route.
  • Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    SJD3232 said:
    BB162610 said:

I do realize it is a business.  In my opinion it is not like PJ though, they deliver zero creative products of their own that I am aware of.  There are tons of websites that do not charge fees that run off donations, ads, etc.  I think their is a huge difference between running a community website that's intent and purpose is for the poster community and a website that is for-profit and potentially funding salaries.  I think livefootsteps.com is a great example of this.  Good for the guys at Collectionzz for having found a way to turn their hobby into a paying gig, I just prefer EB.  
  • Options
    Ebeans is good as a forum and as an archive. Everything else sucks.  

Their pricing data like the “six month average” is worthless unless you have a time machine.  If you sell or buy a poster using their data someone in the party is going to make out like a bandit.  

The site is just bad.  I have to log in four times just to read a PM.  Pictures dont load.  Its not easy to use.  Most of the For sale listings are eight years old anyway lol
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    BB162610 said:
    SJD3232 said:
    BB162610 said:

I do realize it is a business.  In my opinion it is not like PJ though, they deliver zero creative products of their own that I am aware of.  There are tons of websites that do not charge fees that run off donations, ads, etc.  I think their is a huge difference between running a community website that's intent and purpose is for the poster community and a website that is for-profit and potentially funding salaries.  I think livefootsteps.com is a great example of this.  Good for the guys at Collectionzz for having found a way to turn their hobby into a paying gig, I just prefer EB.  
    I do respect your opinion.  I don't get the negative comments to prices when no one is forced to sign up or purchase anything.  I'm sure ebeans will remain free (and continue to run like a free site).

I find it interesting that ebeans isn't considered a not-for-profit, but still is still taking "donations".  They claim they are not a not for profit, but are actually owned by a single person who is the sole shareholder. Thus, everyone who "donated" to their capital fundraising campaign were misled IMO.  

Post edited by SJD3232 on
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386
    I prefer expressobeans.  It does seem to have glitchy times like the original poster mentions, but I haven't found a matchmaker function like they have on other sites.  I've successfully linked up with a few people through the ebeans matchmaker to complete trades.  I don't care so much about the pricing info but as far as I can tell, the pricing info is only as good as the ebay auction feeds people link in.  I can't figure out the collectionzz website...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Everybody knows Lost Dogs is the new Expressobeans. Or is it Facebook waffle people?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    Everybody knows Lost Dogs is the new Expressobeans. Or is it Facebook waffle people?
    :clap::lol: 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    You’re not a “power collector” unless you’re on collectionzz!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore