Eddie vedder EU tour 2019

Comments

• retroretro Posts: 111
    Germany has the 4th best beer
    Number 3 in prague
    The other 2 I' thinking of going
    Oh great a Bavarian Show ;-)
  • I’m really hoping those of you who are so negative about this solo tour will just not go and leave the tickets for those of us who are psyched about seeing Ed in Europe this summer. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    DSchmitz said:
    I’m really hoping those of you who are so negative about this solo tour will just not go and leave the tickets for those of us who are psyched about seeing Ed in Europe this summer. 
    By the sizes of the venue they have selected you will have no issues getting tickets. To the point of the negativity you have to understand that people were/are hyped for a new album and NA tour with Pearl Jam. Yes that can still happen this year but with Eddie touring for a month in June/July it really points in the direction of not going to happen. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    pdalowsky said:
    Many people will go to these shows and have the best nights of their lives. 

Yet Im troubled by the fact that this is the least excited ive ever been by a tour. It genuinely bothers me, but im putting it down to venue sizes........
    Perhaps it is just a realization that Pearl Jam is what matters most to you.  Ed is a big piece of it, but at the end of the day you love Pearl Jam.

But yeah, I don’t think I will go to many PJ shows where I am 30+ yards from stage unless a festival,  I want to be close enough where I watch the band and not the screens.     
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If Ed put out another banger like ITW nobody would be negative about this little tour... 

I mean, he HAS to be releasing an album, right?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Ed solo till the end of summer 
    Then pj touring in US (fall) 
    Australia January and Feb 
    Ed solo in March too (aus) 
    Summer 2020 pj back in EU
    (wishlist) 
    EV & PJ back in Euro in 2020? So soon? :/

2017 EV Euro Tour.
    2018 PJ Euro Tour.
    2019 EV Euro Tour.

How about maybe take a break from travelling to Europe and play shows in continents that haven't seen or experienced EV & Pearl Jam in many, many years maybe? Australia & Asia? Last EV solo tour in the USA was 2014. His last solo tour in Canada was 2008.

gravix said:
    tino_11 said:
    radar said:
    pdalowsky said:

Yet Im troubled by the fact that this is the least excited ive ever been by a tour. It genuinely bothers me, but im putting it down to venue sizes........
    +1
    Agreed
    +3
    +4

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,839
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Apone said:
    A is first letter of alphabet. All starts from there 
    Australia :)
    I wish
    I am with you on that. Next Australia tour I am there as long as they are not all festivals. 
    Don’t worry about festivals, no festivals here big enough for PJ anymore! 
    No more BDO? I would kill for a 6 or 7 show proper run. 

PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Apone said:
    A is first letter of alphabet. All starts from there 
    Australia :)
    I wish
    I am with you on that. Next Australia tour I am there as long as they are not all festivals. 
    Don’t worry about festivals, no festivals here big enough for PJ anymore! 
    No more BDO? I would kill for a 6 or 7 show proper run. 
    2014 was the last BDO, it was widely known that after that tour the BDO would be no more. Next time PJ come down under it will be with their own tour. I can’t see any festival big enough to cater for them. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • nicknyr15 said:
    I feel so disconnected from PJ. It’s a weird feeling honestly. Between the merch craze, the complete lack of interest in new music, the baseball stadiums, the odd touring schedule, announcing one date at a time, another EV solo tour, the formulaic setlists.... I’m not complaining, it’s just all things I would of never picture 10 years ago. I’ll always love this band but I gotta say, I get the feeling the magic is dissipating. 

Just in case 
    disclaimer: this is just my opinion. Not a fact. Believe it or not, others may not feel this way and there’s nothing wrong with that either. 
    I feel what you are saying for sure
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • All the love gone bad
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Good on Ed. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    I just think that the connection came from real rumors and albums coming out.   Back in 1998-2006, we had albums coming out every few years, tours moved much faster, information seemed to leak a lot more.  The rumor pit always seemed to help get some of that info out.  

Strangely, in the time of social media, we feel less connected, because there is/seems to be actual information to leak.  They have released 1 album in almost 10 years.  (Backspacer came out in Sept 2009).   They dont do full massive tours (like DMB for example) every year, so there is just less info to be communicated. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    pdalowsky said:

Perhaps it is just a realization that Pearl Jam is what matters most to you.  Ed is a big piece of it, but at the end of the day you love Pearl Jam.

But yeah, I don’t think I will go to many PJ shows where I am 30+ yards from stage unless a festival,  I want to be close enough where I watch the band and not the screens.     

pdalowsky said:

there is no  comparison between eddie solo and pj for me..if pj was coming to europe the thought in my mind would be to do the whole tour and skip a couple of difficult to go festivals..
    now with ev solo i say..yeah lets go and see a couple of shows..would be great nights  
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • It’s time to come to terms with the idea that Pearl Jam isn’t here to serve us. They’re people with families and lives of their own. They experienced a horrific blow with the loss of Chris. Be grateful for what we get at this point. They’ve given us a lifetime of music and memories!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    What has the loss of Chris to do in this context
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited February 2019
    DSchmitz said:
    It’s time to come to terms with the idea that Pearl Jam isn’t here to serve us. They’re people with families and lives of their own. They experienced a horrific blow with the loss of Chris. Be grateful for what we get at this point. They’ve given us a lifetime of music and memories!
    I hate the family excuse. People with families have jobs and travel for business all the time. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    DSchmitz said:
    It’s time to come to terms with the idea that Pearl Jam isn’t here to serve us. They’re people with families and lives of their own. They experienced a horrific blow with the loss of Chris. Be grateful for what we get at this point. They’ve given us a lifetime of music and memories!
    I hate the family excuse. People with families have jobs and travel for business all the time. 
    People with families work a lot more and harder than these guys do.

But they also have to work, which differ.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    mcgruff10 said:
    DSchmitz said:
    They don't have a choice.  EV can play when and where he wants, or not at all.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    DSchmitz said:

Absolutely true. But I m guessing the only reason they don’t want to play is because they simply don’t want to play live. It isn’t about their families. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Be nice to finally get a list of full dates some time soon,  Trickling these out is frustrating.
    100 Pacer said:
    Good on Ed. 
    And good on the fans that still want more than the Ed family vacation tour of songs written years ago...

he just doesnt have the catalog to still be doing solo shows without new music in my opinion... this isn't Neil Young pulling from 50 years and 50 albums of material
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    DSchmitz said:

Absolutely true. But I m guessing the only reason they don’t want to play is because they simply don’t want to play live. It isn’t about their families. 
    Yeah that could be the reason and I know what you mean about a lot of people working away too.
    As a father of 4 I have to work away maybe 2 - 3 nights a week every week. (I'm in Glasgow right now and live in Cambridgeshire!)... But - if PJ went on tour like they used to, it can be months away while kids are at school. Which I wouldn't accept - I'd change jobs! Even though I used to like playing live in my band! haha!.
    The current schedules kind of allow for that one Summer school break and they can tour with their families.  I think that's fair enough.
    I also think they have to balance commercial interest and they do that be keeping the touring to a lower level when there's no album to promote...
    I can't really understand how there's been no album music since 2013 though.. Or how the last 2 albums were clearly not recorded as a band altogether. Guess it might be same reasons around being away from family / kids for long periods...

I do think we get a lot of opportunities to see the band live though - whether PJ or Eddie they do a fair amount of reachable shows over the years. I remember the 6 year gap between 2000 and 2006... Led me to go crazy every Euro Tour since!

I'm personally glad the fans want more and arent just "grateful for what they get"... what kind of shit is that? It sucks watching the best band on the planet just coast and stop being creative 
  • Can anybody help with Italian ? It looks like there are buses from and to Milan and Turin is that right after the show or are they regular daytime buses ? I don't speak Italian but it looks like that from the festival site ? 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    DSchmitz said:

Or maybe it is about their families and trying to avoid some of the things that have ravaged their own lives and relationships along the way and those of close friends that do/did tour pretty obsessively.    

These guys would be the first to tell you and genuinely mean they have been blessed to make an extremely good living of off art, but they'd also be totally dishonest if they did not say the experience is equally taxing in different ways.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    DSchmitz said:

Or maybe it is about their families and trying to avoid some of the things that have ravaged their own lives and relationships along the way and those of close friends that do/did tour pretty obsessively.    

These guys would be the first to tell you and genuinely mean they have been blessed to make an extremely good living of off art, but they'd also be totally dishonest if they did not say the experience is equally taxing in different ways.  
    ^^^this
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    In Sweden I think you get like 4-500 days paid parental leave to be with your child - by law. And many dads prioritise to be home with their kids when they're growing up.

I get that it's not like that in the US (yet).

But I don't see it being that weird someone in the band decided to spend time as a "staying-home-dad" when the opportunity was given to them. No economic stress etc.

But I also think that Pearl Jam might have become "a job". And why spend time at your "job" when you don't need to.

I mean, if it was what you lived for -- we would be swimming in albums and christmas singles.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    I think for some folks, coming to grips with aging while a favorite band ages is proving to be an interesting experience.  I'd be very happy if Pearl Jam were releasing new and interesting music every 2-3 years or at least touring each year like some bands get out and do.  But I can't say I am shocked that they don't.  This is not a historical first that a very good band sort of ends the creative portion of their career and comes back for small bursts of performances here and there. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041 said:
    This is not a historical first that a very good band sort of ends the creative portion of their career and comes back for small bursts of performances here and there. 
    Yeah, I mean KISS even had to cancel tours in the 80s!
    PB11041 said:
    I think for some folks, coming to grips with aging while a favorite band ages is proving to be an interesting experience.  I'd be very happy if Pearl Jam were releasing new and interesting music every 2-3 years or at least touring each year like some bands get out and do.  But I can't say I am shocked that they don't.  This is not a historical first that a very good band sort of ends the creative portion of their career and comes back for small bursts of performances here and there. 
    And guess what, that blows, and people are allowed to say it blows

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    I guess since Barolo already went on sale, we could feasibly get a full tour announcement tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale