HBO: True Detective

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    1- Awesome
    2- Horse shit
    3- TBD
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just started episode 1 of the new season. Some similarities here to Season 1 with the little figurines and nods to possible satanic rituals. Definitely an attempt to steer things toward the feel of the first season.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Really enjoying this season so far.  
    Season 2 seems like they tried to fit too much into 8 episodes. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Season 1 was really overrated... 

Have not seen Season 2.

Season 3 is so far really lovely. 
    Whatever. Season 1 dominated. Season 2 was a let down and was never going to match season 1, especially with the departure of Fukunaga. Haven't seen any of 3.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    tbergs said:

Have not seen Season 2.

Whatever. Season 1 dominated. Season 2 was a let down and was never going to match season 1, especially with the departure of Fukunaga. Haven't seen any of 3.
    If you liked S1 you'll like S3...very good so far

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Episode 3 was great. Definitely enjoying this season thus far.
  • tbergs said:

Have not seen Season 2.

Don't write "whatever" to put down my comments.

Thank you.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    tbergs said:

Have not seen Season 2.

Thank you.
    Well, @tbergs did have a valid point. :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2019
    tbergs said:

Have not seen Season 2.

Thank you.
    Well, @tbergs did have a valid point. :lol:
    Du kommer inte att tro allt jag har att berätta
    Kommer inte tro att ett enda ord är sant
    Nätter å dar, glas efter glas i städer jag inte ens visste fanns
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Are those the translated lyrics to 'Strutter'?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Through 4 episodes, I think this season has been really solid. Hope the last 4 are the same.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

I thought S1 was great, and haven't watched any of S2. Is there absolutely no connecting thread between these seasons? i.e, can I just start in on S3 and save S2 for when there is no TV left to watch?

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Jbarker said:

I thought S1 was great, and haven't watched any of S2. Is there absolutely no connecting thread between these seasons? i.e, can I just start in on S3 and save S2 for when there is no TV left to watch?

Yep.  They are all completely different stories.
  • Watch episode 4. Im digging it. Wish I would have waited till all episodes were out though. 
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Watch episode 4. Im digging it. Wish I would have waited till all episodes were out though. 
    Same here. I try to look at the seasons as different shows, with no expectations. This season is really solid so far.
  • Watch episode 4. Im digging it. Wish I would have waited till all episodes were out though. 
    Same here. I try to look at the seasons as different shows, with no expectations. This season is really solid so far.
    Episode 5 already out!
    Curious to find out who it was that Hays and West admit to killing in the past.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hoyt?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Episode 6: It appears that Tom has stumbled into the pink castle located inside the Hoyt estate.
    Two episodes left.
    Curious to find out who it was that Hays and West admit to killing in the past.
    my guess would be the Hoyt guy that they interviewed

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Dang! My HBO free trial ran out so now I'll have to find another way to watch the last 3 episodes of this season. Season 3 has been good. Writing, acting and story have been solid. Very similar to season 1 on a lesser scale, which is good.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Apparently a connection to Season 1 in tonights episode. Will watch later.
    Getting some answers now. Great episode. 1 more to go.
    Getting some answers now. Great episode. 1 more to go.

Very good episode.  Can't believe there is only 1 more left.....feels like there is so much stuff to wrap up in the finale.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    The problem I had with TD is it felt too long would have been a better mini series or movie. 
    Only watched season 1, and about every third episode we almost gave up, then it got really good again.
    Thinking back on it I can;t believe it was only 8 episodes, felt like 15.
    So....kind of a slow final episode.  Good series but nowhere near Season 1.  

I really think they could have done more with it.  They jumped back and forth so many times on the timeline I'm surprised they didn't reveal the killing of that ex-cop in the finale.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I liked it 
    Not sure why they didn't tell us what the deal was with him and his daughter 
    The Jacobs Ladder shit at the end made me laugh out loud.
    Very good series.
    Mahershala Ali is frigging amazing.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I thought it was solid. First season set the bar a little high for me, but I thought they pulled it back together for the most part. It ended on a more positive note than I expected. 
    I liked it 
    Not sure why they didn't tell us what the deal was with him and his daughter 
    The Jacobs Ladder shit at the end made me laugh out loud.
    Very good series.
    Mahershala Ali is frigging amazing.
    Yeah I really liked it as well....a nice rebound from a pretty rough season 2.  Ali was great and so was Stephen Dorff.

The only thing I was confused about was what happened to Hoyt Foods?  The mansion being abandoned in 2015 was strange....I can't remember if they mentioned something about the company falling apart in the 2015 timeline.
    Very solid season. I thought that extra 15 minutes was pretty unnecessary tho.  It was a tease for Wayne to come face to face with Julie Purcell in the present day just to have his spell hit right before. I guess they did tease of a resolution with his son taking the address and putting it in his pocket.

Excellent acting across the board from everyone involved. And surprising to get a mostly happy ending to the story, save for the fate of the Brother and Father in the aftermath of the events that unfolded.