A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    JK_Livin said:
    I think this was made specifically for this teaser.
    I think I read somewhere that this was made just for the promo and doesn't include any footage from the new season.
    Hasn't stopped the interweb from going int meltdown though!

The most common theory I keep seeing is that the ice represents Bran as The Night King (he is the only one of the surviving Starks not in the trailer)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    goldrush said:
    JK_Livin said:
    I think I read somewhere that this was made just for the promo and doesn't include any footage from the new season.

The most common theory I keep seeing is that the ice represents Bran as The Night King (he is the only one of the surviving Starks not in the trailer)
    Pretty sure it was shot just for the trailer too. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • goldrush said:
    JK_Livin said:

I still don't understand this Bran/Night King theory.  It seems to come out of left field.  They show who the Night King originally was and it's not Bran.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    goldrush said:
    JK_Livin said:

I still don't understand this Bran/Night King theory.  It seems to come out of left field.  They show who the Night King originally was and it's not Bran.
    I don’t buy into the Bran / Night King theory either. 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I guess if you go by that short clip of Sansa and Dany plus this teaser, Winterfell may be the primary location this season.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I kind of figured that at the end of last season as Jamie Lannister started to head north and the white walkers were already at the wall heading south.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I’m not sure what to think about that Bud Light GOT commercial.  It was amusing, yes, but seemed to me a Jump the Shark moment.  The last thing I want flashing through my mind during the final assault of the white walkers is the goddamn Bud Light Knight.  
    Jason P said:
    I’m not sure what to think about that Bud Light GOT commercial.  It was amusing, yes, but seemed to me a Jump the Shark moment.  The last thing I want flashing through my mind during the final assault of the white walkers is the goddamn Bud Light Knight.  
    Dilly Dilly!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I thought it was funny.  Not necessarily a family commercial but I laughed at it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Just finished Season 2 with my son last night. 47 more episodes to go. It's a rewatch for me, lots of little details missed the 1st time through. Also just realized that the original Dario was Ajax in Deadpool.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    All I needed was to hear the theme music and I was pumped up. GoT is at least something I can look forward to watching. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I still have never watched GOT.... Is it really as good as everyone acts like it is? Or is this another case of the Harry Potters?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    PJ_Soul said:
    I still have never watched GOT.... Is it really as good as everyone acts like it is? Or is this another case of the Harry Potters?
    We didn't watch it at all until just before season 4 started. It just didn't look like our kind of thing. Then the first 3 seasons were rerun and we binge watched them all in 2 weeks before S4 came on!

If you like fantasy/historical drama with graphic violence, and language to match, then it's definitely worth a watch. You will see book purists hating on the show now because it has got ahead of the novels, but I haven't read any of them (and probably never will now) so I'm still enjoying the show.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    edited February 2019
    goldrush said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    We didn't watch it at all until just before season 4 started. It just didn't look like our kind of thing. Then the first 3 seasons were rerun and we binge watched them all in 2 weeks before S4 came on!

If you like fantasy/historical drama with graphic violence, and language to match, then it's definitely worth a watch. You will see book purists hating on the show now because it has got ahead of the novels, but I haven't read any of them (and probably never will now) so I'm still enjoying the show.
    I do like violence and nudity, lol, I don't normally like fantasy - that is why I never watched it. I did like LOTR a lot though, so I guess not all fantasy-type things are off the table. I am in no risk of ruining the show with the books. I don't really go for fantasy movies, but I specifically hate fantasy novels. I'll never read that series.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I’d say for a show with dragons, ice zombies and people that can control animals with their mind, there sure is a lot of nudity.
    DewieCox said:
    I’d say for a show with dragons, ice zombies and people that can control animals with their mind, there sure is a lot of nudity.
    After 3 or 4 seasons, my girlfriend roped me into watching. Similar to PJSoul, I don't dig the fantasy stuff, but LOTR was good. Before I started warching, I told my girlfriend: "okay, but if there's dragons, I'm out". She said nothing about it. After watching hours and hours of it, there suddenly are baby dragons. But it was too late, I was hooked. I <3 dragons. Lol
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I do like violence and nudity, lol, I don't normally like fantasy - that is why I never watched it. I did like LOTR a lot though, so I guess not all fantasy-type things are off the table. I am in no risk of ruining the show with the books. I don't really go for fantasy movies, but I specifically hate fantasy novels. I'll never read that series.
    I'm generally not much of a fan of fantasy stuff either but I binged the first 5 seasons in an absurd amount of time.  Didn't think I would like it but absolutely love it.
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm generally not much of a fan of fantasy stuff either but I binged the first 5 seasons in an absurd amount of time.  Didn't think I would like it but absolutely love it.
    I might give it a try one of these days, if only to make all the constant fucking memes and references make sense, lol. I definitely feel out of the loop, Haha.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I might give it a try one of these days, if only to make all the constant fucking memes and references make sense, lol. I definitely feel out of the loop, Haha.
    You'll enjoy Drago, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:
    PJ_Soul said:

You'll enjoy Drago, lol.
    I already enjoy Drago very very much. =)

• PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:
    PJ_Soul said:

You'll enjoy Drago, lol.
    I already enjoy Drago very very much. =)

Wrong Drago...

Drogo
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:
    Drogo
    Is it really?Damn accents.  I can't tell what the hell they are saying...

Next you are going to tell me it's Sonsa and not Sinsei?
    So who knows about the Jon/Dany story, just Sam & Bran?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    So who knows about the Jon/Dany story, just Sam & Bran?
    Samwise Gamgee.  He was dropping some eaves.
    Now that the GOT multiverse has expanded, perhaps Euron Greyjoy sailed to Essos to recruit some Dinobots to help fight the dragons.
    Jason P said:
    Now that the GOT multiverse has expanded, perhaps Euron Greyjoy sailed to Essos to recruit some Dinobots to help fight the dragons.
    Winter is coming for you.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I am pleased with how they adapted the show from the books overall.  I cannot think of a much better adaptation to be honest.  There are certainly things I do not like/agree with, but they also mishmashed some characters in the interest of simplicity that were good moves for a show.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    PJ_Soul said:
    goldrush said:
    PJ_Soul said:

There isn't much fantasy at all.  I tuned in to the first episode way back when and thought it was going to be all fantasy as there is a touch of it in the first episode but I loved it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Up to S3 E6. Didn't realize that the actor who plays the older Tommen was a Lannister squire that was killed off in S3 E5 but also is credited in S3 E3. You only saw his face for a second in E5. 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer