Does Anyone Know Of John Mayer's Music?

2»

Comments

• PJ PookPJ Pook Posts: 109
    I was having the same issue about getting John Mayer tickets. I'm not into his music but have been checking out Franti for years now. I love the small settings that Franti plays as well as the festivals but was a little disappointed when I learn his dates announced were opening for Mayer. I still haven't decided to get if I will get tickets or not. However, I noticed how much crap Franti was getting regarding his decision to open for him and I think it sucks that a lot of fans aren't supporting him. It is an amazing opportunity for Michael to get his music out there and for people to realize what amazing energy and talent he has.
  • PJ Pook wrote:
    .... However, I noticed how much crap Franti was getting regarding his decision to open for him and I think it sucks that a lot of fans aren't supporting him. It is an amazing opportunity for Michael to get his music out there and for people to realize what amazing energy and talent he has.

wow i wud have thought better of franti's fans. ugh. and certainly the exposure from this tour is gonna help him and i'll be living proof of that statement when the mayer tour rolls into my town. IMO a great double bill!
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 4,738
    dig this song. new tour out. an evening with. 2 sets. it's gonna be a great year being a fan
    John Mayer - New Light (Premium Content!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=mQ055hHdxbE
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 8,817
    No....just no
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville
    2003: Noblesville
    2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville
    2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago
    2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1
    2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,194
    DewieCox said:
    His guitar skills are vastly overrated
    How so?  I don't see anyone ever saying he's amazing or better than "fill in the blank".  He is very good.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 8,817
    He's a great guitar player.  I just don't like what he plays.  I'm a little surprised at his tour announcement in that he seems to be booking large arenas that I would never have guessed he will sell out.

But what do I know?
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville
    2003: Noblesville
    2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville
    2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago
    2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1
    2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    kramer73 said:
    DewieCox said:
    How so?  I don't see anyone ever saying he's amazing or better than "fill in the blank".  He is very good.  
    dewie don't know but in his defense his post was 9 years ago! lol
    john plays jerry...very few people can play/emulate jerry. pleasing 50000 hippies at a show is very hard to do and john is winning them over(imo)
    He's a great guitar player.  I just don't like what he plays.  I'm a little surprised at his tour announcement in that he seems to be booking large arenas that I would never have guessed he will sell out.

But what do I know?
    last 3-4 times i saw him solo he played to more than 10,000 people per show
    for at least 12 years he's been playing the big rooms
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,739
    I know Continuum is a fantastic album, but I don't think his Born and Raised album gets enough credit. Such a great album with great songwriting. It's easy to feel uneasy about his hit or miss first two pop albums, but Continuum and Born and Raised are fantastic albums. I especially like the production on Born and Raised. It's a really warm sounding record. It honestly feels like a 70's Neil Young or CSNY album. Amazing harmonies on that album.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 9,745
    kramer73 said:
    DewieCox said:
    dewie don't know but in his defense his post was 9 years ago! lol
    john plays jerry...very few people can play/emulate jerry. pleasing 50000 hippies at a show is very hard to do and john is winning them over(imo)
    I saw him with Dead and Company last year and thought he was great. guy is a great guitar player.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Yea Born and Raised is fantastic..I like the Trio stuff too. It's all very good.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Continuum is an excellent album. There, I said it.
    totally agree.
    check out this version of vultures. mind blown
    starts at 40:06. look at notes for direct link to the song
    Ripe (The Band) Live @ The Loft, Atlanta, GA 3-29-18