Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    PJ has to do something this year... some sort of festival/ballpark high paying shows... Have to keep the machine going.... Doubt Ed is sharing the proceeds with his bandmates... (he's doing the work). 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    davidos said:
    PJ has to do something this year..
    They will.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    SS151546 said:
    demetrios said:
    Did I suddenly awake in 2017?

If only I was two years younger.

Breaking news: US Pearl Jam fan ponders bands future:

The USA is small fry. Playing in Europe is where the money is. Especially the same festival 2 years ago ... The organizer must be stinky rich.

I am guessing that's a joke?

They can play an MSG residency for $3M+ a night and have no travel and the magic of 20000 PJ fans in an enclosed arena with no threat of bad weather.
    haha..if a promoter pays 3 million the band,+advertising,promotion,book the venue ,insurance,security,transportation ,ticket ventor blah blah plus his profit  ,do u know how much will be the price of each ticket in msg?.
    Staggered pricing $499-$99 - imagine the outrage then over prices.

$150 * 20000 = $3M

(Gross revenue per night)

Elton came here a few months ago for about $2.5 per show with no backstage seating and U2 was right at 3M last tour.

These seem a little low because Waters did $5.5M for 2 shows nearly a decade ago.
    If the show brings in $3 million gross at MSG, the band would be lucky to walk away with half of that.  The expense of staging shows at MSG is very expensive, which is why most shows are always priced higher than other markets.  For the band to clear $3 mil a night, they would need to gross about $5 mil for the show, so based on 20K tickets sold, average price would have to be $250 per ticket.
    How much do you think additional sales of $15 beers, food, t-shirts adds up to? I'm guessing at least $3M
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Jeeze, I think I need to take some of you to a music festival. If you like live music, most US festivals are a blast. Id guess maybe more so in Europe but I have never been. I don't understand why people put limitations on seeing Ed or the band play live.  I get not traveling due to the cost, but if they play a festival nearby why not go?
    Dimi is right in that every festival wants to book Ed or Pearl Jam. The money is just too good to ignore. This is why I think they will be playing a festival date this year.  But its just masturbatory speculation.
    As far as MSG goes, the band would easily clear 2m a night.  Mostly because the fans cant get enough merch.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    Get_Right said:
    Jeeze, I think I need to tak e some of you to a music festival. If you like live music, most US festivals are a blast. Id guess maybe more so in Europe but I have never been. I don't understand why people put limitations on seeing Ed or the band play live.  I get not traveling due to the cost, but if they play a festival nearby why not go?
    Dimi is right in that every festival wants to book Ed or Pearl Jam. The money is just too good to ignore. This is why I think they will be playing a festival date this year.  But its just masturbatory speculation.
    As far as MSG goes, the band would easily clear 2m a night.  Mostly because the fans cant get enough merch.

If they were a touring band that played tons of shows I would understand festivals but their US shows are few and far between.

If you are a fan about the same age as the band standing six hours in the mud and rain is a non starter. If its really about the money a NY or LA residency will bring in the money. I am not an insider so I cant prove that.

If its not about the money play arenas because the magic of  PJ only shows exceeds festivals dealing with bratty kids and fans of other bands clearly not into PJ and also the swampy mud.

Regarding NYC I can only point to the large crowds they draw here, the ticket prices their contemporaries charge, and the enormous population of fans within a few hours drive.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PJNB said:
    Mike D88 said:
    woodstock lineup has yet to be named you debbie downers
    Are we supposed to be excited for Woodstock? I mean I will go if that is all they are doing this year but that festival has shit show written all over it. 
    Woodstock would SUUUUCCKKKK.... I hope Pearl Jam isn't that corporate. Aren't any of you old enough to remember Woodstock 94 and 99??!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    my2hands said:
    I have ZERO interest in seeing Eddie Vedder solo in any venue larger than a theater... if it seats more than 2,500 I am passing

And his solo material is over a decade old now, sure hope he has an album coming with new music to support these shows
    That's kind of where I am. Thought about going to Innings. I just can't picture EV acoustic/storytelling in an Arizona festival setting. Or Cali... but Cali on the beach a little more than AZ. Every concert I've been to in AZ has been overpopulated with loud mouth fratboy types. For a rock show it's not a big deal, acoustic outdoors... eh.... 
    And I'm still considering it. hahaha
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    Jeeze, I think I need to tak e some of you to a music festival. If you like live music, most US festivals are a blast. Id guess maybe more so in Europe but I have never been. I don't understand why people put limitations on seeing Ed or the band play live.  I get not traveling due to the cost, but if they play a festival nearby why not go?

If they were a touring band that played tons of shows I would understand festivals but their US shows are few and far between.

If you are a fan about the same age as the band standing six hours in the mud and rain is a non starter. If its really about the money a NY or LA residency will bring in the money. I am not an insider so I cant prove that.

If its not about the money play arenas because the magic of  PJ only shows exceeds festivals dealing with bratty kids and fans of other bands clearly not into PJ and also the swampy mud.

Regarding NYC I can only point to the large crowds they draw here, the ticket prices their contemporaries charge, and the enormous population of fans within a few hours drive.
    But that is the point. With one show they make a ton, play to a huge audience and do not have to play a week of shows. That is a win win win for the band. I think Ed really likes looking out to a huge crowd.

I am about the same age as the band. I would never stand anywhere for six hours to see a rock concert. I would however, enjoy three days of walking around and taking in a ton of live music I might otherwise not see. Its ok if my shoes get muddy. :)

Id love an arena tour.  I just don't see it happening anytime soon.  If you want to Ed or PJ this year, chances are it will be a large venue or festival. If PJ plays at all.
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    meanwhile,.no news about pj tour plans..

Any news on Pearl Jam festival plans...woodstock for example.  ;)
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    I’ll be there if they play Woodstock.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Image result for woodstock
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    on2legs said:
    I’ll be there if they play Woodstock.  =)
    My parents brought it up to me about hitting Woodstock, I don't have the funds for a Pearl Jam tour this year but if they do Woodstock I might tag along with the family. I'm surprised there hasn't been many leaks, at least that I've seen on who's playing. Santana is the only confirmed act I've seen so far.
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    I'm going to Woodstock regardless. 

PJNB said:
    Mike D88 said:
    Are we supposed to be excited for Woodstock? I mean I will go if that is all they are doing this year but that festival has shit show written all over it. 
    Woodstock would SUUUUCCKKKK.... I hope Pearl Jam isn't that corporate. Aren't any of you old enough to remember Woodstock 94 and 99??!
    94 was fine my dude.

99 was what killed it, apparently. 

99 is what we need to get over. come on now, people talk about it like little children. 

Both of those events brought in 400,000+ attendees. 

From a ticket-selling standpoint, "that totally SUCKKKSSSSSS"....... right.

and shit show???? Because 90's festival production was AMAZING right? 

can we ALL grow up here ????

Some of you HONESTLY think people will go to Woodstock in the year of our lord 2019 to CAUSE shit?????? Thats what is driving you away from this???

It's like some of us have a projector with one film playing over and over and over again in our minds. 
    "PJ can only play Arenas because thats what they did in the past" 
    "If its a festival, i wont go because i had a bad experience and got my feelings hurt" 
    "Woodstock is a bastardization of the original and Woodstock 99 is what killed it" 

Let it go people. Control what YOU can control and let the other shit fall in place.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888

PJNB said:
    Mike D88 said:
    94 was fine my dude.

99 is what we need to get over. come on now, people talk about it like little children. 

Some of you HONESTLY think people will go to Woodstock in the year of our lord 2019 to CAUSE shit?????? Thats what is driving you away from this???

It's like some of us have a projector with one film playing over and over and over again in our minds. 
    "If its a festival, i wont go because i had a bad experience and got my feelings hurt" 
    "Woodstock is a bastardization of the original and Woodstock 99 is what killed it" 

Let it go people. Control what YOU can control and let the other shit fall in place.  
    Hey have fun at Woodstock if they do indeed play.  I ll save my money and see them somewhere else. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    mcgruff10 said:

PJNB said:
    Mike D88 said:
    94 was fine my dude.

Hey have fun at Woodstock if they do indeed play.  I ll save my money and see them somewhere else. 
    While I agree with your sentiments, they would in fact have to play somewhere else in order to see them somewhere else. Currently not very encouraged on that front.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    2/1 and people are giving up on 2019 shows. It’s a long year folks. 

I am am glad I’ll get to see most of my other faves this year though. Just in case. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    ComeToTX said:

I am am glad I’ll get to see most of my other faves this year though. Just in case. 
    I know, way too funny.    I’m holding a vacation week so when the late summer/ early fall NA tour is announced in April I’m ready for it. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    10 Club is an ageing fanbase. 400,000 people at a concert is going to sound like hell for 90% of us. I am going if that is all they are doing this year and may go depending on the other dates even if it isn't. You want to go to the festival to hear a best of Pearl Jam set good for you. Others may not be into that set up and prefer the arena setting where this band is at their best. 
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    It's great for all the European fans and others who will travel to see EV. I cannot afford to travel to Europe, it is not even worth pondering. 

As far as Woodstock or festivals, it's not that I mind the idea so much as I attend shows alone. Going to something like that on my own is not something I would do. 

Enjoy to all those who do get to see EV and PJ. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ComeToTX said:

STOP PUT LOGIC IN THE THREAD..:)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    @dimitrispearljam
    But which part is logic? The part about it only being 2/1, meaning there is plenty of time for PJ to announce tour dates? Or the part about getting to see some of the other favorite bands?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    Image result for woodstock

• Options
    njnancy said:
    It's great for all the European fans and others who will travel to see EV. I cannot afford to travel to Europe, it is not even worth pondering. 

As far as Woodstock or festivals, it's not that I mind the idea so much as I attend shows alone. Going to something like that on my own is not something I would do. 

Enjoy to all those who do get to see EV and PJ. 

I dont want to rain on our Euro fans parade ;) I saw the 10c email yesterday morning and thought I time warped or they accidentally resent a 2017 or 2018 email.

I hope fans that get to go have a great time. Maybe that has nothing to do with any potential perceived slowdown in US studio or tour activity, but there was prevailing thought we were on the verge of a major album/tour cycle.

Cant Deny Me my memory, but I wish it could be erased.

On the heels of the RS article, no forthcoming album, father time marching along way too fast, Europe seems like a big effort when ten songs or a US arena tour (solo or band) is such a rare bird lately.
  • Options
    @dimitrispearljam
    But which part is logic? The part about it only being 2/1, meaning there is plenty of time for PJ to announce tour dates? Or the part about getting to see some of the other favorite bands?
    its too early to say pj will not play at all this year
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Fair enough. Is it then too early to say that Pearl Jam WILL play this year?
  • Options
    we wait..at the moment we live with what we got..and what we got is eddie 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    I'm guessing even the band doesn't know for sure.  They probably have a tentative tour planned/booked, but as @LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan said, it is dependent on the album being completed.  It makes sense and they probably still have several months before they need to commit to a late year tour.  Like I said a couple pages ago, EV2017 wasn't even announced until March 6, 2017, so we should expect up to a month before the EV headline dates are announced and more until any fall/winter PJ plans are announced.  Personally, I'm hoping the tentative tour will motivate them to finish the album.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    Cosimo82 said:
    I ve to say you: i m really happy he gonna plays in Firenze :))
    Hopefully more shows in Europe nearby
    Hopefully
  • Options
    And yes, is pretty strange he plays in same festival but that’s it...and i take it! Firenze rocks is a nice young festival, maube he’s just curios to see if another meteor comes to say hello
  • Options
    Oh, and 10th of july Ben Harper plays in Pistoia: would be great to see him jump on the stage