Options

backspacer/lightning bolt vinyl

my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 339
edited January 2019 in The Porch
anyone know why these are the only two studio albums not available in the shop? are they being remastered?
(kidding..., although...) but just wondering why they're not available?

*edit* and my bad, vs and vitalogy aren't available either, for some reason i thought they were there... still weird...
st. pete '94
west palm beach '98
tampa '00
tampa '03
tampa '08
brooklyn '13
austin '14
austin '14
tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
ed - clearwater '12
Post edited by my_wave on

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    BS and LB are the only ones not to be remastered and/or reissued. I imagine the original run eventually sold out and that is probably why. A few years ago they had BS on sale for $10, so they were really trying to get rid of them.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    Can find both of them on amazon.  Strange that you have to go to other places to get some of their own albums on vinyl.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Yeah I think Backspacer has been out of the shop for quite a while. It is weird that both are plenty available at other retailers.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    I don't think its that weird. I'm pretty sure with the vinyl it was just one big pressing right? So 10c probably get a certain percentage and shipped the rest out. 10c sold out first and the rest have been sitting in a warehouse for Amazon or wherever.
    I mean, how many people, other than big time PJ fans bought either album? And those fans probably bought it here.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I don't think its that weird. I'm pretty sure with the vinyl it was just one big pressing right? So 10c probably get a certain percentage and shipped the rest out. 10c sold out first and the rest have been sitting in a warehouse for Amazon or wherever.
    I mean, how many people, other than big time PJ fans bought either album? And those fans probably bought it here.
    Good point. I was also thinking maybe they liquidated their inventory, too.  Isn't that a thing that happens in retail?  When one shop sits on too much for too long, they sell it to other shops that aren't as worried about overhead?  I noticed there are no CD's available in the store either except Pearl Jam and Backspacer. The others are there except for LB, but they all say currently out of stock.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    mace1229 said:
    Good point. I was also thinking maybe they liquidated their inventory, too.  Isn't that a thing that happens in retail?  When one shop sits on too much for too long, they sell it to other shops that aren't as worried about overhead?  I noticed there are no CD's available in the store either except Pearl Jam and Backspacer. The others are there except for LB, but they all say currently out of stock.
    Could be. Pearl jam and Backspacer have 10club exclusive packaging which means they can't do what you suggest with those 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    NewJPage said:
    mace1229 said:
    Could be. Pearl jam and Backspacer have 10club exclusive packaging which means they can't do what you suggest with those 
    What's exclusive about the Backspacer packaging?

I remember ordering it from 10 club when it was on sale a few years ago, as mentioned previously.

Just wondering how it's different from one I could order from Amazon.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    NewJPage said:
    mace1229 said:

I remember ordering it from 10 club when it was on sale a few years ago, as mentioned previously.

Wasn't it glow in the dark? Or was that the CD. Or am I just imagining things...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I think The Fixer 7" sleeve was GITD.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    My Backspacer CD cover has GITD on it.  My husband bought it at a resale store in NE Ohio.  Not certain if that was standard.  The album came from Bullmoose.  Never took it to see if it glows.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    NewJPage said:
    mace1229 said:

10C is the hardcover book style, I believe the standard retail was the Yield/Binaural/Riot Act style packaging.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    NewJPage said:
    mace1229 said:

10C is the hardcover book style, I believe the standard retail was the Yield/Binaural/Riot Act style packaging.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Walmart sold the 10c version of Backspacer
  • Options
    NewJPage said:
    mace1229 said:

Are you talking about the vinyl or CD?

I'm wondering about vinyl here :)
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    edited February 2019
    NewJPage said:
    mace1229 said:

Are you talking about the vinyl or CD?

I'm wondering about vinyl here :)
    Ahh, NewJPage & I were referring to the CD's so I assumed that's what you meant.  The only difference I know of on the vinyl is that 10C you had the chance of getting white vinyl.
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 339
    i've seen a white vinyl backspacer on the bay, but don't think that's the 10 club version... and target sold backspacer cds with 2 free concert downloads, i think there were six shows you could choose from... 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12