Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

1151617181921»

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I always thought that was why Ed didn't go to the TOTD gigs too, but Chris did invite Ed to sing on their album, and a strong bond grew from that time on. A tribute is different, people coming together to honor a friend.
    The concert was 5 hours long, no one comment is all you need to know. There were parts I didn't connect with, for sure, but others were very emotionally wrenching, far from a Hollywood farce. My eyebrows were raised for some of the names included, but I was pleasantly surprised in a couple of cases, including Miley. Just to clarify, she said "... Chris. Thank you for bringing us all together like you always have. Its a f...ing honor. This was the f...ing best day." (Not quite the same meaning in context.) "Best" can refer to meaningful, which it was for many. I'm glad I was there. Regardless of the reason(s), I'm so dissappointed that Mike and Ed weren't.
    Thanks for clarifying. Definitely not the same meaning given the whole correct quote.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Yeah, "best" sounded odd to my ears too, but the rest was spot on. Chadplam said "People are allowed to pull joy from sad circumstances, that's what the whole night was about." Beautiful words, Chadplam
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,444
    JimmyV said:
    I always thought that was why Ed didn't go to the TOTD gigs too, but Chris did invite Ed to sing on their album, and a strong bond grew from that time on. A tribute is different, people coming together to honor a friend.
    The concert was 5 hours long, no one comment is all you need to know. There were parts I didn't connect with, for sure, but others were very emotionally wrenching, far from a Hollywood farce. My eyebrows were raised for some of the names included, but I was pleasantly surprised in a couple of cases, including Miley. Just to clarify, she said "... Chris. Thank you for bringing us all together like you always have. Its a f...ing honor. This was the f...ing best day." (Not quite the same meaning in context.) "Best" can refer to meaningful, which it was for many. I'm glad I was there. Regardless of the reason(s), I'm so dissappointed that Mike and Ed weren't.
    Thanks for clarifying. Definitely not the same meaning given the whole correct quote.
    Form over substance.  Best day?  Good grief. The only redeeming part of this event is that the Charity got a million bucks. 
  • Get_Right said:
    JimmyV said:
    Form over substance.  Best day?  Good grief. The only redeeming part of this event is that the Charity got a million bucks. 
    Metallica playing All My Lies justifies the entire event. I need a professional mixed mp3 of that. The audience recording was great. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    I find this damn impressive..Myley just got my respect..

https://youtu.be/wLeKMZx_f_c

Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    I find this damn impressive..Myley just got my respect..

https://youtu.be/wLeKMZx_f_c

Wow!! I too am impressed. Didn't know she could rock n roll- maybe she’s got a little bit of Janis in her.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Yeah that was pretty amazing. It's funny, I thought a lot of the vocal performances that night where pretty awful. After all, no one sings like him anymore. But I expected more from a lot of those people, and some of them were half-hearted efforts, or just plain bad (Juliette Lewis). I expected nothing (or worse) from Miley, and I didn't see anyone else leaving it all on stage like she did. Kudos to Miley. Earned some respect from me for sure.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • The song I wanted to hear proper mix of most!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8gQhw5YW9M
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    jeffbr said:
    Yeah that was pretty amazing. It's funny, I thought a lot of the vocal performances that night where pretty awful. After all, no one sings like him anymore. But I expected more from a lot of those people, and some of them were half-hearted efforts, or just plain bad (Juliette Lewis). I expected nothing (or worse) from Miley, and I didn't see anyone else leaving it all on stage like she did. Kudos to Miley. Earned some respect from me for sure.
    Having raised a kid during the Hannah Montana era, Miley Cyrus has always been on my radar. She went through, or is still going through, her breaking away from being a Disney 'kid' and she has done so in a way that has put the emphasis on image rather than talent. Behind all that she has always been a gifted singer and after getting over the idea of Miley Cyrus fronting TOTD - it was incredible to hear her use her talent with no stunts, and fully clothed. 

I'm not surprised she nailed it. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited January 2019
    bertan said:

P.S. Finally managed to watch Stone's speech, damn... He really is the MVP...
    Stone is a class act. Much respect for Stone for including Chris's parents, siblings and blood brothers in his speech.
    He’s the man.

Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    edited January 2019
    Already posted above.
    Post edited by EM194007 on
  • Stone IS the man. Not only were his comments personal and heartfelt, he was a master of diplomacy, which was unfortunately much needed.
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    Metallica posted All Your Lies and then Head Injury today.  Now both are gone and their posts deleted.  
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • NSL said:
    Metallica posted All Your Lies and then Head Injury today.  Now both are gone and their posts deleted.  
    I'm happy I ripped the audio from All Your Lies when it was still up. Maybe they were informed that an album or DVD of the show is going to be made and they were asked to take their videos down. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited January 2019
    Deleted. See the Posting Guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    edited January 2019
    Deleted. See the Posting Guidelines.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited January 2019
    NSL said:
    I'm happy I ripped the audio from All Your Lies when it was still up. Maybe they were informed that an album or DVD of the show is going to be made and they were asked to take their videos down. 
    You didn't take down the video? Just audio?

(Would love to get the audio btw. if possible)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • NSL said:
    You didn't take down the video? Just audio?

(Would love to get the audio btw. if possible)
    Here ya go...

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/786cb406356c9a807c8a54111eb7c06e20190126173308/0481ea

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • bertanbertan Posts: 266
    edited January 2019
    Deleted. See the Posting Guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • surferzsurferz Posts: 54
    edited January 2019
    korn-1 said:
    I saw the Metalica/foo fighters boot in the parking lot and passed. Didn't see the first and last pics of the shirts, those are awesome, probably would have grabbed one 
    $10 each  , i figured what the hell, I bought the JD style and my son bought the last two 
    Post edited by surferz on
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    edited January 2019
    Deleted. See the Posting Guidelines.
    Post edited by Sea on
  •  Stone was so adept at including alot of important details, while at the same time purposely leaving certain details out. He was both bold and gentle, a difficult line to walk, but he did it so subtley. Big stones, Stoney, you're a great human, I admire you more than ever. (Since Stone was introducing Lily, it was appropriate to speak specifically about her. Each of Chris's children were introduced individually when it was their time to be onstage, Stone just did it best.)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The man is gone, let him be. Enough with the drama 
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited January 2019
    Be nice. Be respectful. No gossip. It's all in the Posting Guidelines. Thank you

Post edited by Sea on
This discussion has been closed.