U.S. insulin costs per patient nearly doubled from 2012 to 2016, study finds

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,648
    newer formulations for insulin I could see, potentially.

the older stuff is likely formulations bought out by vulture capitalists like the pharma douche.

But thats what you get when healthcare and treatment is a for profit industry.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • But wait... wasn't America the greatest country in the world..?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • But wait... wasn't America the greatest country in the world..?
    We are and we charge for it!
  • My friend Jess was born w Diabetes and she can't do anything to not take insulin, she is unfortunately stuck with taking insulin.

She has yelled about this for years and it's sad that things like this happen but you'll have someone on here say "what's wrong with paying blah blah percentage of your pay for this?"

A quote I found interesting in the story..
    The findings come amid new outrage over the cost of prescription drugs in the United States, the highest in the world.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,189
    the costs of medications are out of control.  disgusting doesn't even begin to describe it.

in some, not all, ways the drug companies in this country today are like the tobacco companies in the 60s and 70s.  knowingly polluting  people and causing deaths.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    My friend Jess was born w Diabetes and she can't do anything to not take insulin, she is unfortunately stuck with taking insulin.

She has yelled about this for years and it's sad that things like this happen but you'll have someone on here say "what's wrong with paying blah blah percentage of your pay for this?"

A quote I found interesting in the story..
    The findings come amid new outrage over the cost of prescription drugs in the United States, the highest in the world.

Juvenile diabetes is terrible.  I have a friend who got diagnosed at 8, talk about an abrupt change in lifestyle.  He basically had to do a 360.  No sugar, low carb diet, regular exercise and constant dr visits.  Fortunately, they had good insurance from work. 

The biggest misconceptions of Canada's Universal System is other than our basic healthcare needs, we are not covered for dental, prescription, eye care and on and on.  You either get insurance through work, buy private insurance or as in my case you go without if you can not afford and hope you stay healthy.

Even seniors without insurance, basic healthcare, plus eye and prescription care...no dental provided to our seniors without private insurance.

Now if people need life-saving drugs, like insulin, and can not afford there is coverage through a government program.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    pjhawks said:
    the costs of medications are out of control.  disgusting doesn't even begin to describe it.

in some, not all, ways the drug companies in this country today are like the tobacco companies in the 60s and 70s.  knowingly polluting  people and causing deaths.
    When I vacationed in Mexico, I'd often see Americans getting prescriptions filled in Mexico.  
    Give Peas A Chance…