Gear You Regret Parting With?...

Did the allure of some new piece of gear cause you to trade in or sell something that you wish you'd kept in retrospect? Or did you ever need some quick cash & pawn a prized item that you were never able to get back?

I had a Crate XLP preamp that had the sweetest metal distortion that I've never been able to reproduce with any amp modelers. I also got rid of my Boss FZ-3 at the same time, because I thought my Big Muff could handle all my fuzz demands at the time...

What do you wish you still had?
The Better Band Podcast: BetterBandPod.com 
Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3yVFPcY
Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5yc3MuY29tL2JldHRlcmJhbmRwb2QvZmVlZC54bWw

1995: 6.22 Sacramento, CA
1997: 11.14 Oakland, CA (Rolling Stones)
1998: 7.10 San Diego, CA; 7.16 Sacramento CA
2000: 10.22 Las Vegas, NV; 10.25 San Diego, CA; 10.28 San Bernardino, CA; 10.31 Mountain View, CA
2003: 6.01 Mountain View, CA; 6.02/6.03 Irvine, CA; 6.05 San Diego, CA; 6.06 Las Vegas, NV
2006: 7.06 Las Vegas, NV; 7.16 San Francisco, CA
2013: 11.26 Oakland, CA
2022: 5.18 Sacramento, CA

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    I had a Silvertone knock off (no serial number or manufacturing info) electric guitar that I bought at a pawn shop. It was my first electric and would always fall out of tune, but I miss that damn guitar. I traded it for another acoustic about 17 years ago.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    My first guitar. A Clapton style cream Strat. I miss playing Fenders to be honest. Someday I’ll get a decent Strat. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Sounds stupid, and I know I can get one in a heartbeat, but my old DS-1. 

**Checks for used one**
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Boss OC2. 
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,969
    I used to have a Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe. For a Gibson, it was pretty cheap but there was just something about the harmonic structure of those pickups that I haven't been able to duplicate with any other guitar. 

I miss that one more than the LPs, SGs and the Flying V I had and sold.

I also had a Korean P-Bass that played and sounded better than it had any right to. It recorded great and played smooth but it developed a twist in the neck so I sold it for parts. I wish I would have just bought a Warmoth neck and kept it going.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV