Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Comments

• People need to put aside their own selfish desire of wanting to see Ed perform. It's friggin embarrassing and brings out the worst in the PJ fan base.  Honestly, what other reason can you have for being so upset that he wasn't there? Are you personally slighted on CC's behalf? We have no idea what he has done privately with Chris' family/kids.  

I'm with ya. it's odd to be angry, like ed is somehow representing us and he let us down. how ludicrous. 

anyone realize that Chris's brother Peter, also an immensely talented singer/guitarist, wasn't there and performing? He would have been a slam dunk for performing with SG at the end. So there's obviously other shit at play here, and none of it us our business. 
    I think everyone wondering where a,b,and c were is just natural human behavior unfortunately. Quite honestly it was more wild to hear that really none of Chris’ family was there. But people are right, it is none of our business. We wouldn’t enjoy it if the shoe was on the other foot. 
    yes, it is human nature. what's not human nature is the judgment being handed down when they have zero clue what they are talking about. 
    Oh I think the judgement part is absolutely natural human behavior/nature. That’s what humans do to each other now. Social Media is a giant pool of judgement. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527

I believe Ed is a genuinely nice and caring person based on everything I have read and seen over the years.  So absent any information otherwise, I'm not going to read anything into him being there or not as a slight on Chris or his family.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

I believe Ed is a genuinely nice and caring person based on everything I have read and seen over the years.  So absent any information otherwise, I'm not going to read anything into him being there or not as a slight on Chris or his family.

agreed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,470
    Its over. Can we get back to complaining about the lack of information provided by the ten club, the death of the holiday single, tour speculation or just about anything other than this?
  • By the way, thanks to Jeffgarden. I stayed up all night watching in Massachusetts and it was amazing. 
    looking to hear of the earth
    By the way, thanks to Jeffgarden. I stayed up all night watching in Massachusetts and it was amazing. 
    totally. how does a phone using periscope stay charged for 5+ hours?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,727
    By the way, thanks to Jeffgarden. I stayed up all night watching in Massachusetts and it was amazing. 
    totally. how does a phone using periscope stay charged for 5+ hours?
    A couple of backup chargers would do the trick. 
  • AC300802AC300802 LA Area, California Posts: 55
    demetrios said:
    Direct download. https://we.tl/t-Jx90n7ubjQ
    Thank you opsopcopolis! 😀

The link is not working for me.  Any chance to get it reposted? Or a PM?  I was there and would love to listen again!  Thanks
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,365

agreed. 
    I agree here too. But that said, its still a bit weird to see Miley Cyrus at a Cornell Tribute, and Ed not.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Same here. It was a rough day at work yesterday.
  • Vedd Hedd said:

agreed. 
    I agree here too. But that said, its still a bit weird to see Miley Cyrus at a Cornell Tribute, and Ed not.  
    Also weird to see Miley Cyrus and not Method Man. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 617
    edited January 2019
    Its not my business, but I am shocked and dissappointed that Mike and Ed were not there. I'm sure they wanted to be, and are devastated that they were not. I suspect it was not up to them. The evening as a whole was wonderful, but the TOTD section had some glaring holes in it that made it feel very incomplete, and less than it could have been. I'm sorry that whatever needed to be worked out for them to be there didn't happen. Peace to all. We love you Chris.

Edit: I guess I'm going through some stages myself, as I already don't like my post. I know the reasons are none of our business, and I'm sure the reasons are substantial, but I just find it so unfathomable that Mike and Ed would not be a part of the tribute to Chris.
       I know people say "its not about Ed". Of course its not about Ed!! But for me, because they were so closely connected, I just wanted them to be there to complete the communal TOTD circle, to
    help fill the (obvious) hole of Chris's absence.
      Today I feel the hole is more pronounced than ever, but the love and appreciation expressed, the many highlights and heartfelt moments, were a great tribute to Chris, and did feel like the beginning of a healing experience. 💙 
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
    Its not my business. But I am SHOCKED and dissappointed that Mike and Ed were not there. They should have been. I'm sure they wanted to be, and are devastated that they were not. I suspect it was not up to them. Whatever prevented them from being there is a real shame. I've had two immediate family members' deaths this past year, and I know people can get weird in their reactions. I understand there is some tension with a member of Chris's inlaws regarding Ed, but why Mike? The evening as a whole was wonderful, but the TOTD section had some glaring holes in it that made it feel very incomplete, and less than it could have been. (Even Matt only played on two songs). I'm sorry that whatever needed to be worked out for them to be there didn't happen. Peace to all. We love you Chris.
    assuming it was some sort of personal conflict, and not a scheduling one, is all conjecture. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,646
    AC300802 said:
    demetrios said:

The link is not working for me.  Any chance to get it reposted? Or a PM?  I was there and would love to listen again!  Thanks
    Pm sent.
  • AC300802AC300802 LA Area, California Posts: 55
    demetrios said:
    AC300802 said:
    demetrios said:

Pm sent.
    Thanks!
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    demetrios said:
    AC300802 said:
    demetrios said:

Pm sent.
    Hi demetrios, could you please hook me up too?
    Thank you in advance
    Spoken said:
    demetrios said:
    AC300802 said:
    demetrios said:

Pm sent.
    Thank you in advance
    You got it. :) 
  • zdawg72zdawg72 NorCal Posts: 8
    Spoken said:
    demetrios said:
    AC300802 said:
    demetrios said:

Pm sent.
    Thank you in advance
    Hey Spoken, could you send it to me? I'm giving Demetrios a break from sending. :) Thanks a bunch
    I Am The Highway The Forum January 16, 2019
    Safeco Field, Seattle, WA August 10, 2018
    Safeco Field, Seattle, WA August 8, 2018
    Temple of the Dog Bill Graham Civic November 11, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL August 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL August 20, 2016
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA November 26, 2013
    Bridge School Benefit 2001 October 20, 2001
    Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA October 31, 2000
    ARCO Arena, Sacramento, CA July 16, 1998
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, CA November 14, 1997
  • Could I get a PM too, please? I was halfway through downloading it yesterday and it cut out. I keep getting the message "Yikes! We couldn't find the page you were looking for" when I click download.
    PJ: 07-16-06 ; 08-28-09 ; 10-23-10 ; 11-26-13
    EV: 04-08-08 ; 07-05-11
    Mike: 07-07-11 ; 05-20-12
    Soundgarden: 07-21-11

10C #271XXX
    Since 2002
    Could I get a PM too, please? I was halfway through downloading it yesterday and it cut out. I keep getting the message "Yikes! We couldn't find the page you were looking for" when I click download.
    You got it.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    Hey D--if you get a chance, please send it my way. Thanks, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Sorry guys, torrent got banned and I think the wetransfer was downloaded too many times... I believe it is getting uploaded to a PJ Show blog/site at some point and I will throw it on Dropbox tomorrow morning 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Converted and posted with permission from opsopcopolis, here's an mp3 version downloadable on mediafire...

https://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2019/01/chris-cornell-tribute-11619-audience.html
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,264
    Converted and posted with permission from opsopcopolis, here's an mp3 version downloadable on mediafire...

https://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2019/01/chris-cornell-tribute-11619-audience.html
    Thank you! :clap:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:
    Converted and posted with permission from opsopcopolis, here's an mp3 version downloadable on mediafire...

Thank you! :clap:
    Happy to help. opsopcopolis did all the real work (much appreciated!) and I'm just doing my part to spread it around. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

Thanks!
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,361
    This .rar from wegotshit shows as corrupt for me. And the dime flac has been pulled.  Can someone send me a link?
    RS65573 said:
    This .rar from wegotshit shows as corrupt for me. And the dime flac has been pulled.  Can someone send me a link?
    You got it!
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,361
    Fiona Apple doing All Night Thing is amazing....44
  • RS65573 said:
    I saw that someone (you perhaps?) commented on the blog that the .rar was corrupt so I downloaded it myself and it extracted fine. Are you using winrar to extract? You should give it another try because it downloaded with no problems for me a minute ago. 

Also, the taper posted a new FLAC torrent on Trader's Den because it had been pulled from Dime. I updated the link. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
This discussion has been closed.