Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,318

Merch from last night's show is now available on Chris Cornell's merch site:

https://www.chriscornellmerchandise.com
    Thanks! :)

I Am The Highway Tribute Poster

$49.95

Pre-Order: expected to ship early February. 

18" x  24" show poster from the I Am The Highway Chris Cornell tribute show. 

• kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    demetrios said:
    walkunafraid said:no
    Merch from last night's show is now available on Chris Cornell's merch site:

https://www.chriscornellmerchandise.com
    Thanks! :)

I Am The Highway Tribute Poster

$49.95

Pre-Order: expected to ship early February. 

18" x  24" show poster from the I Am The Highway Chris Cornell tribute show. 

Ordered!  Thank you so much for posting that.
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    I read that they're going to make a documentary.

Also, can we all take a minute to appreciate how good Miguel was on Reach Down, fucking stellar vocals.
    Miguel killed it vocally, I was really impressed.

Adam Levine had some issues with his ear monitor falling out of his left ear at the beginning of Seasons and said Fuck it and went without. Made his performance even more real and showcased his natural singing ability.

The Concert also showed the full uncut live performance of Birth Ritual, and wow what a performance, Chris using his mic and hanging on the rafters and Kim Thayil soloing like crazy. I had never seen it before, I guess it’s a Singles Blu Ray bonus.

https://youtu.be/5b1ZDbzg96Y
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
    Looks like they bumped or made a mistake on the shipping cost for international orders?

total $55.47 (standard shipping) to ..

total $64.94 (standard shipping) now.

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    demetrios said:
    Looks like they bumped or made a mistake on the shipping cost for international orders?

total $55.47 (standard shipping) to ..

total $64.94 (standard shipping) now.

They bumped the price for domestic up to $8.99 as well, from I think $5.89. Oh well, still a lot cheaper then ebay prices.
  • PmPhlowPmPhlow Posts: 36
    wow Miley killed it.
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Really glad to be able to grab one of these. $65 is way better than $250 on eBay. And I assume it's going to charity.
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 400
    It’s a damn shame that Eddie Failed once again to honor Chris.  I really can care less what anyone says about how one grieves. Bottom line is CCs friends, family and band brothers have all made statements, gestures publicly even showed up to this show.  

CC is tied forever to Pearl Jam and their early years with TOTD. Bringing EV in and putting him on the TOTD record. 

Its unbelievably disheartening that EV will stand on stage and publicly pronounce his love for Andy Wood (a man he didn’t know) yet cannot make one comment about CC or honor him at this event. I don’t want to hear about Missing or the version of Black or any of that garbage.  CC as we all know was a music icon and in part responsible for grunge. It would be nice to hear a man who has no issues with proclaiming his love for Tom Petty, Johnny Ramone and Andy wood actually make a statement or publicly say something, anything with regards to CC 

For me, disappointed in EV and its really hard for me to hear his lyrics with the same level of honesty as I once did. 
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    PJ5a1 said:
    I actually make a statement or publicly say something, anything with regards to CC 

Already did. Pay attention.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    PJ5a1 said:
    It’s a damn shame that Eddie Failed once again to honor Chris.  I really can care less what anyone says about how one grieves. Bottom line is CCs friends, family and band brothers have all made statements, gestures publicly even showed up to this show.  

CC is tied forever to Pearl Jam and their early years with TOTD. Bringing EV in and putting him on the TOTD record. 

Its unbelievably disheartening that EV will stand on stage and publicly pronounce his love for Andy Wood (a man he didn’t know) yet cannot make one comment about CC or honor him at this event. I don’t want to hear about Missing or the version of Black or any of that garbage.  CC as we all know was a music icon and in part responsible for grunge. It would be nice to hear a man who has no issues with proclaiming his love for Tom Petty, Johnny Ramone and Andy wood actually make a statement or publicly say something, anything with regards to CC 

For me, disappointed in EV and its really hard for me to hear his lyrics with the same level of honesty as I once did. 
    Just throwing this out there.  I have no inside information but, perhaps the people some feel should have been there, were asked, say perhaps by family members, not to be there.  

Maybe Ed is being respectful to Chris and his family by being silent.  Just an alternative to the negativity.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • PJ5a1 said:

I totally feel your frustration, but if you stop for a moment and think, what could the reason be?  There must be a reason.  I'm personally in the camp that it's not really my place to question it, but, to hazard a guess, I think the weight of the situation may just be a bit too much for him.  You have to remember, these frontmen were all held on a very high pedestal, and Ed is the last one still with us, that in itself must be a heavy cross to bear, let alone the grief he's still processing.  What I'm trying to say, is that I don't think his no show is because he doesn't care enough.  Maybe the reason he's been able to do those other tributes is because they weren't quite so close to home.
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 400
    PJ5a1 said:

I totally feel your frustration, but if you stop for a moment and think, what could the reason be?  There must be a reason.  I'm personally in the camp that it's not really my place to question it, but, to hazard a guess, I think the weight of the situation may just be a bit too much for him.  You have to remember, these frontmen were all held on a very high pedestal, and Ed is the last one still with us, that in itself must be a heavy cross to bear, let alone the grief he's still processing.  What I'm trying to say, is that I don't think his no show is because he doesn't care enough.  Maybe the reason he's been able to do those other tributes is because they weren't quite so close to home.
    I do appreciate what you’re saying and I have thought of that. However, it’s disheartening that everyone but him has shown respect.  And he’s not the last one.  Dave grohl had no issues. I’m sorry - if this were the other way around we know that CC wouldn’t be a no show.  

Again, Tom Petty, Johnny Ramone and Andy Wood all celebrated. Two of those three EV has said publicly how they were like family. He celebrates them. When it comes to CC he’s a no show. 
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    PJ5a1 said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but I have to disagree. Maybe not saying anything actually speaks volumes. Everyone seems fixated on whether Ed was there or not, maybe we just need to focus on who was there, and celebrate that. By not being there doesn’t make Ed any less of a person or a friend. Mike wasn’t there either! Let’s just move on. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

I do appreciate what you’re saying and I have thought of that. However, it’s disheartening that everyone but him has shown respect.  And he’s not the last one.  Dave grohl had no issues. I’m sorry - if this were the other way around we know that CC wouldn’t be a no show.  

Again, Tom Petty, Johnny Ramone and Andy Wood all celebrated. Two of those three EV has said publicly how they were like family. He celebrates them. When it comes to CC he’s a no show. 
    Again, there's a reason - just because we don't know it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  People deal with things in different ways.  I've lost a few people in my lifetime, but Chris' passing has probably been the most difficult, and I didn't even know him, so I can't imagine how his friends must feel.  There were other band members who didn't attend too, Mike wasn't there, nor was Tim C from RATM/Audioslave - maybe the tone of the evening just didn't appeal to them, who knows?  Either way, I don't think it has anything to do with their love or respect for Chris - whom they knew better than any of us.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited January 2019
    Back to blasting Soundgarden and CC.  B)
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    edited January 2019
    A link to a torrent of my recording: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=640969
    I do not have a direct download version as of right now, but I will try to get one up in the near future.

EDIT: Dime banned it because Metallica is on their not allowed list. Here is a link for The Traders Den: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146321
    Post edited by opsopcopolis on
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    A link to my recording: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=640969
    I do not have a direct download version as of right now, but I will try to get one up in the near future.
    Thanks I made an account how do I download?
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
    A link to a torrent of my recording: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=640969
    Thank you!! :)
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Chadplam said:
    A link to my recording: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=640969
    It's a torrent, so you'll have to grab a torrent client. I use Deluge for my Macs
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    PJ5a1 said:

We aren't in their shoes. Every situation is different--whether you're a rock star or working a 9-5 job. Of course, it would have been great to see him there and we all know they cared about each other. It's not anyone's place to judge, to be honest.

From what I've seen on YouTube & heard from friends that attended the show, it was great. Chris will be sorely missed.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Thank you! However, I am new to dimeadozen, where is the actual torrent to download? I don't see where to click to download in or around the setlist and descriptors 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    Watched the majority of the show through the posts... I would have loved to hear Miguel sing more songs. He was fantastic. 
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Chadplam said:
    It's a torrent, so you'll have to grab a torrent client. I use Deluge for my Macs
    I used to get some stuff from pirate bay and have utorrent, same concept?
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    I read that they're going to make a documentary.

Also, can we all take a minute to appreciate how good Miguel was on Reach Down, fucking stellar vocals.
    Yes - Freaking amazing !! I'm so glad I was there to see this.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Thanks @opsopcopolis !!

• A link to a torrent of my recording: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=640969
    Your samples in the comment section sound amazing! But I have to ask...with some embarrassment...how do I begin the download? I haven't torrented in a while but I have used Dimeadozen a lot in the past. There used to be a link at the top of the that you could click and it would open the torrent in Vuze (or whatever client you use). So I'm not sure what to do here.

I had forgotten my old Dimeadozen email and password so I just created a new account to download this. Is there a limit on what new users can download? Any help would be apprenticed. And I'll seed the hell out of it once I've downloaded!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Direct download. https://we.tl/t-Jx90n7ubjQ
    Thank you opsopcopolis! 😀

• giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    PJ5a1 said:

Maybe he wasn't invited.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    PJ5a1 said:

Maybe he wasn't invited.
    He mourns in his own way, and has mentioned him at shows.
This discussion has been closed.