Kirsten Gillibrand 2020

Kirsten Gillibrand announces her 2020 Presidential run
I miss igotid88

Comments

• Options
    Nope.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    She's getting roasted by democrats (and republicans and others) for her quick response to the Al Franken fiasco.

We need to learn from the past.  The only thing that really seemed to hurt multiple democrats this past fall was their lack of support for Kavanaugh.  Voters are NOT ready to punish past sexual transgressions.  As such, she's unelectable.  Her reaction to Franken will hurt her far worse than anything Trump's ever done will hurt him.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    Right now she's my front runner. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Can I be honest here?

That was a stale fart of an announcement to run for POTUS.

No shot
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    this is all you've got after 3 months?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Yeah she might be one of the 1st to drop out ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    this is all you've got after 3 months?
    I just haven't kept up on the post. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I hope not. I think she's good. Need someone that can get both sides to meet. The Al Franken doesn't help her unfortunately. But other candidates have done far worse. So I don't know why they're holding it against her?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    she seems to have the personality of a rock. all I could think of while watching that clip was "Hillary Jr.". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    she seems to have the personality of a rock. all I could think of while watching that clip was "Hillary Jr.". 
    I don't see that. I've seen many interviews of hers. And she seems engaging. I'm not sure what people want her to do? Does she share your values? Can she get both sides to meet at the table? 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    I like Gillibrand's platform (summarized here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirsten_Gillibrand_2020_presidential_campaign#Political_positions ) but she has a long way to go to getting wider recognition, especially in such a crowed field dominated by other front runners.  What would it take to get her up in the running?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    igotid88 said:
    I don't see that. I've seen many interviews of hers. And she seems engaging. I'm not sure what people want her to do? Does she share your values? Can she get both sides to meet at the table? 
    only judging based on that one clip. that's all I've seen of her. 

and I don't know her platform (besides what she said there). I'd have to look it up. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I do agree with what she said there, but to be honest, that's the same old rhetoric we hear from so many politicians. Drain the swap! I'm here for the people! Medicare! In this race, there needs to be something that makes you stand out. Now, to be fair, the Colbert show isn't exactly set up for long-winded speeches about policy, so she gets a pass there. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited April 2019
    brianlux said:
    I like Gillibrand's platform (summarized here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirsten_Gillibrand_2020_presidential_campaign#Political_positions ) but she has a long way to go to getting wider recognition, especially in such a crowed field dominated by other front runners.  What would it take to get her up in the running?

But that's the thing. She's been in the public eye for a while now. She's been on national talk shows since she took over for Hillary at the Senate. It's hard to know why someone like Buttigieg whom I like as well. Or Amy Klobuchar who I really don't know much about I just hear that she's a front runner get the attention. Whoever is running her campaign needs to do a better job. It's still early. The money is not coming in as she's not taking corporate donations.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I do agree with what she said there, but to be honest, that's the same old rhetoric we hear from so many politicians. Drain the swap! I'm here for the people! Medicare! In this race, there needs to be something that makes you stand out. Now, to be fair, the Colbert show isn't exactly set up for long-winded speeches about policy, so she gets a pass there. 
    Maybe she needs to curse more
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Maybe she needs to curse more
    haha, no, that's not what I'm getting it. 

maybe get caught on tape saying you can "grab em by the ding dong". :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I hope not. I think she's good. Need someone that can get both sides to meet. The Al Franken doesn't help her unfortunately. But other candidates have done far worse. So I don't know why they're holding it against her?
    because Franken was s beast as senator. And due process......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    I know. And I didn't agree with her on that. But let it go already. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    let due process go?

right.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    It was a great example of Dems struggling with trying to appear to be more righteous.  They kind of pain themselves into a corner.  And I feel like every candidate is going to have that one damning criticism from the left and that great will become the enemy of good.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    let due process go?

right.
    No. Like I posted earlier. Candidates have done more horrible things that have been ignored. And Franken resigned before they went through a hearing.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    It was a great example of Dems struggling with trying to appear to be more righteous.  They kind of pain themselves into a corner.  And I feel like every candidate is going to have that one damning criticism from the left and that great will become the enemy of good.
    That's why I didn't like the quick angry reactions to every accusations. Especially when most people thought it would only be Republicans who would be accused. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    let due process go?

right.
    No. Like I posted earlier. Candidates have done more horrible things that have been ignored. And Franken resigned before they went through a hearing.
    Franken requested the ethics hearing. Gillibrand pounced. period.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    let due process go?

right.
    He was still allowed to get one. But decided not to go along with it
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    What is Al Franken, the giant of the senate, doing nowaways?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    let due process go?

right.
    He was still allowed to get one. But decided not to go along with it
    I seem to remember a certain NY senator leading a resignation charge rather loudly.

so, she can continue to represent the fine cirizens of NYS as far as I'm concerned.

As president you are supposed to uphold the rule of law, which includes due process as its central pillar. Her personal ambition seems to be more important to her than the rule of law.