Online petition calls for firing of Alta. police officer who ran over deer

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
edited January 2019 in A Moving Train
Online petition calls for firing of Alta. police officer who ran over deer

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/online-petition-calls-for-firing-of-alta-police-officer-who-ran-over-deer-1.4246744?fbclid=IwAR1LRcuIxh3lCZifR6BgHdGRnxOk5hLguYw18gr3qc2JChHU3wKpjAzKJ50

The DP for this asshole would be appropriate.  But the fucker should be fired and charged to the full extent of the law.  Even conscientious hunters never harm a fawn.

“The officer then drove over the fawn with his police cruiser multiple times while the fawn shrieked every time it was ran over,” she wrote. “The officer then stopped his vehicle completely on the fawn until he saw it was dead. He then got out of his vehicle, moved the fawn to the side of the road, and drove off.”

If the deer cannot be saved, you shoot it and put it out of its misery quick.  This is a lazy fucking cop that needs to be removed from public service and society for a while.
Give Peas A Chance…
Post edited by Meltdown99 on

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    the death penalty. seriously. jesus, you make it REAL difficult to take you seriously sometimes. 

he should be disciplined and possibly removed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    the death penalty. seriously. jesus, you make it REAL difficult to take you seriously sometimes. 

He repeatedly runs over a fawn.  Then let's stick him in front of a 4000-pound cruiser and run him over a few times.  I get that the fawn was going to have to be put down, but in that case, you shoot...This cop was a lazy ignorant non human POS.  I absolutely reserve the right to call for the DP for this type of cruelty.  For fuck sakes it was a fawn, the lazy bastard didn't even get out to check on the fawn first.  If the crazy bastard couldn't deal with that as a professional, I doubt he can do anything professionally.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I bet he's an arrogant asshole and should be disciplined maybe make him go out into the woods to fend for himself for a month with no supplies , make him survive on his own maybe give a pack of matches ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

He repeatedly runs over a fawn.  Then let's stick him in front of a 4000-pound cruiser and run him over a few times.  I get that the fawn was going to have to be put down, but in that case, you shoot...This cop was a lazy ignorant non human POS.  I absolutely reserve the right to call for the DP for this type of cruelty.  For fuck sakes it was a fawn, the lazy bastard didn't even get out to check on the fawn first.  If the crazy bastard couldn't deal with that as a professional, I doubt he can do anything professionally.
    you reserve the right to make any type of preposterous proposition you like, yes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    I think he should absolutely be fired because he displayed poor decision-making, laziness, a profound lack of empathy, and a capacity for cruelty. Definitely not qualities you want in any police officer, obviously. If he can do this to a fawn, then he's for sure not going to treat human beings the way police officers are expected to in a civilized society.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I bet he's an arrogant asshole and should be disciplined maybe make him go out into the woods to fend for himself for a month with no supplies , make him survive on his own maybe give a pack of matches ..
    It's Alberta, send him out in spring-time when the Grizzlies come out of hibernation.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • the death penalty. seriously. jesus, you make it REAL difficult to take you seriously sometimes. 

I thought he meant Double Penetration...

Oops, my bad.
    edited January 2019

Oops, my bad.
    :lol:

ever time I see those two letters together, that's my first thought too. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    I think he should absolutely be fired because he displayed poor decision-making, laziness, a profound lack of empathy, and a capacity for cruelty. Definitely not qualities you want in any police officer, obviously. If he can do this to a fawn, then he's for sure not going to treat human beings the way police officers are expected to in a civilized society.
    1st: I appreciate due process. is it highly likely he acted the way it's been reported? yes. 100%? no. still on active duty? no, he should be suspended or put on desk duty during investigation. 

2nd: the way people treat animals is not 100% the way they treat humans. and I say this as a person who tears up watching The Dodo animal videos on twitter. might be prudent to look at his overall record with humans, if they've received any complaints or red flag comments, etc, before jumping the gun.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Oops, my bad.
    Now that would interesting.  lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    1st: I appreciate due process. is it highly likely he acted the way it's been reported? yes. 100%? no. still on active duty? no, he should be suspended or put on desk duty during investigation. 

2nd: the way people treat animals is not 100% the way they treat humans. and I say this as a person who tears up watching The Dodo animal videos on twitter. might be prudent to look at his overall record with humans, if they've received any complaints or red flag comments, etc, before jumping the gun.  
    Oh, of course, I meant fired if it happened the way Meltdown said it happened.
    But I do not trust people who mistreat animals to make the right decisions with humans. I've definitely got a zero tolerance policy when it comes to that, lol. But my first and main point was that his decision making skills are seriously lacking, and THAT makes me not trust him with humans more than anything else.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

But I do not trust people who mistreat animals to make the right decisions with humans. I've definitely got a zero tolerance policy when it comes to that, lol. But my first and main point was that his decision making skills are seriously lacking, and THAT makes me not trust him with humans more than anything else.
    I just mean that a lot of people, even people I know who are good people, and aren't serial killers, don't have the same attitudes towards animals that you and I do. Mainly: hunters. I don't know many, but the ones I do know, they are good humans to other humans, but don't have that same standard when it comes to animals. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I just mean that a lot of people, even people I know who are good people, and aren't serial killers, don't have the same attitudes towards animals that you and I do. Mainly: hunters. I don't know many, but the ones I do know, they are good humans to other humans, but don't have that same standard when it comes to animals. 
    Yeah, but do you know any hunters that would, say, slowly stab an animal to death rather than efficiently shoot them to keep the suffering to a minimum??
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, but do you know any hunters that would, say, slowly stab an animal to death rather than efficiently shoot them to keep the suffering to a minimum??
    I would certainly hope not, but other things people do defintely surprise me when it's confined to an activity that is not in my wheelhouse. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I would certainly hope not, but other things people do defintely surprise me when it's confined to an activity that is not in my wheelhouse. 
    Well I'd personally blacklist anyone who would torture an animal or extend an animal's suffering for any reason (and anyone who wouldn't feel awful about it afterwards), and I feel really secure in my thinking about it, lol. I actually don't think it's possible for an adequately empathetic person to do things like that no matter what kind of lifestyle they're accustomed to.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well I'd personally blacklist anyone who would torture an animal or extend an animal's suffering for any reason (and anyone who wouldn't feel awful about it afterwards), and I feel really secure in my thinking about it, lol. I actually don't think it's possible for an adequately empathetic person to do things like that no matter what kind of lifestyle they're accustomed to.
    If I knew they did shit like that, for sure. But I don't. I don't talk to them about hunting. just the fact that they hunt for sport makes me nauseous as it is. 

I don't even like it when I see my buddy fishing near shore and he's got the thing still on the hook tied to his boat just so it stays as fresh as long as possible. and it's a fucking fish. 

if I saw a friend torturing a deer I'd probably take an axe to his nuts. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it was a dumb decision. But in all reality, it may have really been the most humane for the animal. Police can't just fire their weapons like that. There is going to be a lot of paperwork every time they discharge their weapon, and killing an injured deer within city limits may not be approved. I don't know the laws up there, but I know many police would face discipline actions for shooting an injured deer and calling animal control could take who knows how long.
    Like I said, I don't think what he did was right. And I don't know the guy he could be a total a-hole, I'm just responding to your comment of just shooting it to put it out and why that may not have been an option.
    edited January 2019
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it was a dumb decision. But in all reality, it may have really been the most humane for the animal. Police can't just fire their weapons like that. There is going to be a lot of paperwork every time they discharge their weapon, and killing an injured deer within city limits may not be approved. I don't know the laws up there, but I know many police would face discipline actions for shooting an injured deer and calling animal control could take who knows how long.
    Like I said, I don't think what he did was right. And I don't know the guy he could be a total a-hole, I'm just responding to your comment of just shooting it to put it out and why that may not have been an option.
    The ASPCA has already said that they disapprove of how this was done, and that it was a wholly inhumane way to euthanize any injured animal, and their opinion is that any reasonable person would know that. And any cop who would choose to do that rather than fill out some paperwork for a weapon discharge DEFINITELY shouldn't be a cop, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited January 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=102&v=V7-hg_af4Vs

Here is the video of this fucking asshole...

Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Police can fire their weapons to put the injured animal down.   Its fuckin Alberta, you mean this dick head didn't know at least 1 hunter who would put down this animal humanely.   I worked with a fellow who often put injured deer down for a cop friend who just couldn't shoot an animal.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited January 2019
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Police can fire their weapons to put the injured animal down.   Its fuckin Alberta, you mean this dick head didn't know at least 1 hunter who would put down this animal humanely.   I worked with a fellow who often put injured deer down for a cop friend who just couldn't shoot an animal.
    Yeah, I'm under the impression that cops can do that too. Hell, they're allowed to shoot dogs who are barking at them in people's yards apparently, so they can certainly shoot a deer or bear that's been run over.
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I'm under the impression that cops can do that too. Hell, they're allowed to shoot dogs who are barking at them in people's yards apparently, so they can certainly shoot a deer or bear that's been run over.
    first, all a cop really needs to do is say he felt threatened by the dog. That is pretty easy. I've never heard of a cop shooting a dog just because it was barking, especially if it was contained in a yard.

And I agree with you this was not the best decision, I wasn't defending him. And I have no idea how Alberta works, but just that I am fairly certain if a cop shot an injured animal in the states he would face consequences. I didn't really mean that the paperwork would prevent him from doing it, but that its not like he could just shoot it and walk away.
    And I agree with you, and I don't know how it works up there. But down here I can't see a cop shooting an injured animal off the side of the road as an option. He'd call animal control and probably wait an hour for him to arrive.
    edited January 2019
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

first, all a cop really needs to do is say he felt threatened by the dog. That is pretty easy. I've never heard of a cop shooting a dog just because it was barking, especially if it was contained in a yard.

And I agree with you this was not the best decision, I wasn't defending him. And I have no idea how Alberta works, but just that I am fairly certain if a cop shot an injured animal in the states he would face consequences. I didn't really mean that the paperwork would prevent him from doing it, but that its not like he could just shoot it and walk away.
    And I agree with you, and I don't know how it works up there. But down here I can't see a cop shooting an injured animal off the side of the road as an option. He'd call animal control and probably wait an hour for him to arrive.
    I guess you haven't seen the news then, because there are plenty of stories about cops shooting dogs like that, where there was pretty obviously no real threat. Of course the cop just says he felt threatened by the dog. That doesn't mean it's true. The belief that it's not true is the usual reason why they become such big stories in the news.
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I guess you haven't seen the news then, because there are plenty of stories about cops shooting dogs like that, where there was pretty obviously no real threat. Of course the cop just says he felt threatened by the dog. That doesn't mean it's true. The belief that it's not true is the usual reason why they become such big stories in the news.
    If a dog is contained (chained up or fenced) there would be no reason to claim delf defense or threatened and that should no tbe an option for the cop.
    I don't recall any cases like that, but if there are, then they shouldn't be cops.
    edited January 2019
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

If a dog is contained (chained up or fenced) there would be no reason to claim delf defense or threatened and that should no tbe an option for the cop.
    I don't recall any cases like that, but if there are, then they shouldn't be cops.
    Yes, that is my entire point, lol. (and yes, there are many cases like this... There was one just last week in fact, where a cop shot a fucking chihuahua that was barking at him. Luckily that one got caught on video). These kinds of incidents are definitely more common that you know (though usually when the cop is on the property for unrelated reasons - they don't tend to just shoot dogs over a fence they happen to be walking past, lol) ... I see many of these stories because I am in many animal interest groups. They aren't stories that hit CNN or anything; just local news stations and papers. They always really highlight just how fucking unqualified some cops are for the job).
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Maybe if the guy had watched Starman he wouldn't be such an asshole:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    fuck this guy, animal cruelty should have stiff penalties.

But to be fair, he may have had to do paperwork.
    I watched the video, this sick fucker was enjoying running over the deer.  He should be fired immediately.  The chief of that police department should be fired as well for not immediately firing that son of a bitch.  The video says it all.  That fucking cops name should be released to the press.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=102&v=V7-hg_af4Vs

Here is the video of this fucking asshole...

Oh my gawd was that depressing. I only watched the first minute and then shut off. F**k me.

At the risk of being wrong, I don’t think the officer was relishing the task he was given. I think he must either be exceptionally stupid or without the aptitude to do the job.

The fawn was hurt- likely beyond help. A mercy killing was in order. The cop either thought running it over would be the best course of action (stupid) or he didn’t have the fortitude to shoot it (no aptitude for the job).

I feel horrible for that little animal.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I watched the video, this sick fucker was enjoying running over the deer.  He should be fired immediately.  The chief of that police department should be fired as well for not immediately firing that son of a bitch.  The video says it all.  That fucking cops name should be released to the press.
    How the hell would you know he was enjoying it?