2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Kick ass! 
    Yeah, I didn't see that coming. She finally caught me totally off guard. Then, after that, she went all Christmas story on me. Said "oh wait, what's that over there? Behind the storage boxes in the closet. 

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    One cool girlfriend you have there. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    bbiggs said:
    Big day today! 34-10 Da Bears! 
    I predicted 27-13. 

Below is a Christmas gift my girlfriend got for me....because she's awesome! 

penmanship is such a lost art. where have you gone, joe dimaggio?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Where the fuck is this “Bears defense” I’ve heard about all year. Can’t stop a 3rd down to save their lives. Penalty when they do stop them. Come on guys, I don’t want to have to listen to fuckin Philly fans another damn week.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Trubinsky is really struggling.  Where is Mack?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Then Trubinsky hits a 45 yarder.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Where the fuck is this “Bears defense” I’ve heard about all year. Can’t stop a 3rd down to save their lives. Penalty when they do stop them. Come on guys, I don’t want to have to listen to fuckin Philly fans another damn week.
    defense is fine. where’s the offense? :confounded:

philly fans are curled up in the fetal position.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Bunch of god damn bums just like the fucking Cubs. Fuck the Eagles. 
    Bunch of god damn bums just like the fucking Cubs. Fuck the Eagles. 

yes, to all of this.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Good game, gents.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Good game, gents.
    Not really. Poor play calling by Nagy. Mitch showed he’s a raw QB. Parkey...need I say more? 
    bbiggs said:
    Good game, gents.
    Not really. Poor play calling by Nagy. Mitch showed he’s a raw QB. Parkey...need I say more? 
    Well I enjoyed it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited January 2019
    Wrong thread
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bbiggs said:
    Good game, gents.
    game could have gone either way.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Priceless. I’m glad I wasn’t at the game or that could have been me on barstool sports
    bbiggs said:
    Priceless. I’m glad I wasn’t at the game or that could have been me on barstool sports
    That dude is going to catch hell at his work next week.

My brother and nephew went to the game. I was VERY close to going. For once, thank goodness I had to work today.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Ended up with last minute tickets to the game.  Brutal first half for the offense.  Settling for FGs on their first 3 scores was killer...that always comes back to bite you in the ass.  Defense played well and kept them in the game...almost stopped them at the goal line at the endbut you can't expect them to do everything.  And Parkey...what else can you say about this guy??  He was shaky all season and should have been replaced weeks ago.  But for some reason they decided to stick with him....that's on Pace.  Future is still bright for this team but this one is going to hurt for awhile.  But hey at least it's Monday morning and it's dark and rainy outside.  Fuck.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
      But hey at least it's Monday morning and it's dark and rainy outside.  
    Always a bright side to things.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Ended up with last minute tickets to the game.  Brutal first half for the offense.  Settling for FGs on their first 3 scores was killer...that always comes back to bite you in the ass.  Defense played well and kept them in the game...almost stopped them at the goal line at the endbut you can't expect them to do everything.  And Parkey...what else can you say about this guy??  He was shaky all season and should have been replaced weeks ago.  But for some reason they decided to stick with him....that's on Pace.  Future is still bright for this team but this one is going to hurt for awhile.  But hey at least it's Monday morning and it's dark and rainy outside.  Fuck.
    Good analysis. You’re right that you can’t blame the defense for that goal line stand...they were on the field all night and gassed. I thought the play calling/ offensive game plan was awful and Mitch played a poor game. Ultimately, Parkey needs to make the kick, but there were so many other factors that contributed to the loss. As you said, this one will sting for a while. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Just read that since cutting Gould the Bears missed 19 FGs.  Gould missed 3.
    Wonder what the GM thinks about that....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    bbiggs said:
    Good analysis. You’re right that you can’t blame the defense for that goal line stand...they were on the field all night and gassed. I thought the play calling/ offensive game plan was awful and Mitch played a poor game. Ultimately, Parkey needs to make the kick, but there were so many other factors that contributed to the loss. As you said, this one will sting for a while. 

Yeah the offense was bad in the first half....they didn't go downfield at all against a weak secondary.  Still baffled why Cohen was barely involved...only had 4 touches on offense.  Mitch played great in the 4th quarter and put them in a position to win the game.  Not a great game but they didn't lose because of him.

And I just don't see how they can bring Parkey back next year.  The guy only made 75% of his kicks this season.  That's just not good enough.  And the guy just doesn't seem to have a very strong leg....feels like his max distance is 48-49 yards.  A huge swing and miss by Pace on that signing.  
    ^
    Hardly using Cohen baffled me. I was more concerned about him than anyone else on your offense...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Just read that since cutting Gould the Bears missed 19 FGs.  Gould missed 3.
    Wonder what the GM thinks about that....
    Yep.  Gould is 82 for 85 since the Bears cut him.  And the Bears kicking has been horrible the past 3 years.  Brutal.
    ^
    Hardly using Cohen baffled me. I was more concerned about him than anyone else on your offense...
    Yeah I'm still confused by that.  Obviously the Eagles did a lot on defense to neutralize him, but you just gotta find ways to put the ball in his hands and make some plays.
    bbiggs said:

Yeah the offense was bad in the first half....they didn't go downfield at all against a weak secondary.  Still baffled why Cohen was barely involved...only had 4 touches on offense.  Mitch played great in the 4th quarter and put them in a position to win the game.  Not a great game but they didn't lose because of him.

Cohens lack of touches was inexcusable. I would have liked to see more Howard as well. He was running effectively when given the chance. They kept throwing the ball at or near the line of scrimmage as opposed to pushing it downfield. That’s why Phillys corners kept jumping routes. Mitch probably should have had 3 picks. I agree he played great in the 4th, but it was too little, too late. I do blame much of his poor performance beforehand on the play-calling, but 4th quarter aside, I felt Mitch could have done more. This one sucks. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited January 2019
    The call at the end of the half was BRUTAL!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......