******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Not gonna lie - definitely not down with the ski mask thing.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    i got rid of cable over a year ago and have youtube tv now (kinda like sling or PlayStation vue). Anywho i had put on NBC on for the game and the commentary was in Spanish. I thought i hit changed the setting somehow. The commercials were in English and every other channel was in English. Although I suppose it was an improvement over Collinsworth :lol: Decided to text my friend who also has youtube tv and his was also in spanish. So i guess YouTube tv decided to put the spanish announcers instead of the English ones. Switched over to the NBC app and it was fine then, but for like a quarter or so i was listening in spanish.

Also missed the second half cause i had a volleyball game. Was following in between games.

Same time next Sunday! Just hoping the Saints don't blow us out again.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    4 straight playoff wins as underdogs with a backup quarterback. crazy magical run

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    OMG! What a game. Hester, Howie comes up big again.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    That game is partially on Nagy. How does Cohen only get 4 touches?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    JK_Livin said:
    Did anyone else think that Nagy asking his 2nd year QB, making his first start in the playoffs, to throw the play before the FG attempt was idiotic?
    Holding...
    Sack...
    Strip, like in the Baltimore / Charger game...or, an
    Interception?

Then his kicker misses.  Brutal.  Maybe Nagy felt the shank coming.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    No, that was the right play call on 3rd down, one guy in the pattern going deep, single coverage, you take your shot at the end zone, tell your QB if he's not wide open you throw it out of the back of the end zone, which Trubisky did.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    JK_Livin said:
    It was not Nagy’s finest hour. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Poncier said:
    No, that was the right play call on 3rd down, one guy in the pattern going deep, single coverage, you take your shot at the end zone, tell your QB if he's not wide open you throw it out of the back of the end zone, which Trubisky did.
    I think I agree with Tom Brady at QB but not sure about a young guy.  Doesn't matter, he overthrew the dude by enough so it wasn't an issue.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poncier said:
    I think I agree with Tom Brady at QB but not sure about a young guy.  Doesn't matter, he overthrew the dude by enough so it wasn't an issue.
    It was quite surprising.

The Eagles also have had a lot of problems with small shifty backs this year. Kamara crushed them in New Orleans. I thought Cohen would've gotten a lot of attempts but he only got one carry and a couple passes thrown his way. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hard to believe this team was once 4-6 and losing the Giants by two scores late in the game just 6 weeks ago. 

9 point dogs this week. Fuck it. Make it 19. GO BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So we put the baby down at like 7:30 and therefore had to whisper cheer the rest of the way. But when that kick tipped, doinked, and doinked again, I shot out of my house and booked down the street screaming like a mad man. I had to let it out. And apparently I wasn't the only one. It was awesome. 

Oh, and there were drummers going down the street. I love my city.
    So we put the baby down at like 7:30 and therefore had to whisper cheer the rest of the way. But when that kick tipped, doinked, and doinked again, I shot out of my house and booked down the street screaming like a mad man. I had to let it out. And apparently I wasn't the only one. It was awesome. 

Fucking awesome. Someone in my area set off a shitload of fireworks. Somehow my dog didn't notice... or didn't care. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I would have liked to bet on the Eagles with points.  Even if the Bears made that FG I would have won...  Dammit.
    edited January 2019

Fucking awesome. Someone in my area set off a shitload of fireworks. Somehow my dog didn't notice... or didn't care. 
    That's what I need right now - videos of the Philly area, and its people, blowing up when that kick was blocked. Give me that shit right now. Stick it in my veins.
    I would have liked to bet on the Eagles with points.  Even if the Bears made that FG I would have won...  Dammit.
    Underdogs, underdogs, underdogs and underdogs all weekend long---Cover City!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I would have liked to bet on the Eagles with points.  Even if the Bears made that FG I would have won...  Dammit.
    Yep all 4 road teams covered. Of course anyone who bet Seattle +2.5 has a horseshoe up their ass. Talk a bout a bad beat if you had Dallas, only reason they fail to cover is Seattle's 300lb 69 yr old kicker pulls a hammie so they go for and convert not one, but two 2 point conversions in situations where they'd otherwise just kick the PAT, including one that cuts lead to 2 at game's end.
    Poncier said:
    Yep all 4 road teams covered. Of course anyone who bet Seattle +2.5 has a horseshoe up their ass. Talk a bout a bad beat if you had Dallas, only reason they fail to cover is Seattle's 300lb 69 yr old kicker pulls a hammie so they go for and convert not one, but two 2 point conversions in situations where they'd otherwise just kick the PAT, including one that cuts lead to 2 at game's end.
    Yup. That was some crazy shit. I've always wondered why punters can't practice kicking in case the kicker got hurt.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Not exactly what I'm looking for but it sure is close...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZmwniOGsSs
    Nothing will ever top this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq6Y8d37quI
    That video was awesome, I wish that it didnt end with Parkey talking.  I do really feel badly for him. 

At 3:33 was the funniest, to me.

Our house video would have been funny because the Eagles fans were screaming and yelling and the 4 year old freaked out because of it being too loud. 
    From the net.

"The team that finished with the most running plays won all 4 games (2-2 for rushing yards)"

"Rushing attempts matter more than yards. The attempts enable the offense to control the tempo of the game and set up explosive plays off play-action."
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Awesome photo

Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    edited January 2019
    JK_Livin said:
    From the net.

"The team that finished with the most running plays won all 4 games (2-2 for rushing yards)"

"Rushing attempts matter more than yards. The attempts enable the offense to control the tempo of the game and set up explosive plays off play-action."
    no shit.  teams that are winning run the ball more because they are winning. I guess they expected the Colts and Chargers to throw a lot of passes with big leads. Eagles won because they scored two TDs on which their drives for those consisted of almost 80% passes.  just irrelevant stat.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    JK_Livin said:
    Awesome photo

That's the same angle as this video, which you can hear the block and see the change of trajectory of the ball:

edited January 2019
    JK_Livin said:
    From the net.

And 3 out of 4 of those games were decided by one score. Shocking!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:
    Awesome photo

That's the same angle as this video, which you can hear the block and see the change of trajectory of the ball:

There are so many players on this team, because of all the injuries, that I am unfamiliar with. It's a weird feeling. But quite fitting for one of those guys to come up with this block though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    There are so many players on this team, because of all the injuries, that I am unfamiliar with. It's a weird feeling. But quite fitting for one of those guys to come up with this block though. 
    That's because Howie Roseman is the best GM in the league - which is incredibly shocking to say.
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    From the net.

no shit.  teams that are winning run the ball more because they are winning. I guess they expected the Colts and Chargers to throw a lot of passes with big leads. Eagles won because they scored two TDs on which their drives for those consisted of almost 80% passes.  just irrelevant stat.

60/40 Chargers 1st half pass/run ratio  (58/42 ratio for the season)
    57/43 Colts 1st half pass/run ratio       (62/38 ratio for the season)

They both started their games and built their leads with a balanced attack...as they have the entire season. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:
    Awesome photo

that's the 1st time I've seen that video
    Tom O.
    -The Writer