2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    That was a tough one.  Love that this team doesn't quit.  Sucks to lose to a shitty team like the Giants but to go 1-1 in 2 road games with your backup QB isn't bad at all.  Hopefully Mitch is ready to go for Sunday night vs the Rams.
    Unfortunately, this was not a shocking result. I don’t bet on football anymore but the Bears as a 4 point favorite in this game was a head scratcher. Predictable trap game with the Rams on deck. Good thing we didn’t lose ground with the entire NFC north tanking today. 
    unfortunately the Packers got better through addition by subtraction 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Let's go!!!
    SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Wow.  This defense is unreal.  Made the best offense in the NFL look helpless.  That was fun to watch.  Vikings lose tonight and Bears could clinch the division by beating GB next week....let's goooooo!!!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    These guys are getting better as the season goes on. They should take the NFC North because the Vikings are a mess. No way they do anything.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Suddenly that list to the Giants looks big now...or the blown lead to the Packers to start the season. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Way to go Bears! NFC North Champs! It got a little too interesting after Nagy decided to fake punt near midfield, leading to a Packers TD and tied game. But we bounced back with big special teams plays and Mitch played poised football. Let’s go Bears! 
    bbiggs said:
    Way to go Bears! NFC North Champs! It got a little too interesting after Nagy decided to fake punt near midfield, leading to a Packers TD and tied game. But we bounced back with big special teams plays and Mitch played poised football. Let’s go Bears! 
    And Aaron Rodger's first career interception! (Not literally of course) :lol: 

How fucking sweet was that?!?    To do it against the Packers makes it so much more enjoyable.  Can't believe we'll be hosting a playoff game in a few weeks.  Hopefully Eddie Jackson's ankle injury isn't too bad....sit him out the next couple weeks and get him ready for the playoffs.
    The losses to the Dolphins, Giants or Packers loom quite large right now. Any one of those shoulda/coulda/woulda games and maybe the have a first round bye.

Still very impressed with this season though.
    How fucking sweet was that?!?    To do it against the Packers makes it so much more enjoyable.  Can't believe we'll be hosting a playoff game in a few weeks.  Hopefully Eddie Jackson's ankle injury isn't too bad....sit him out the next couple weeks and get him ready for the playoffs.
    Eddie Jackson is huge. We need him at 100%. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited December 2018
    Congrats. Please still defeat Minnesota in a couple weeks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Very sweet indeed!  This team is fun!
    Pretty sweet to knock the Vikings out of the playoffs...can't stand them!  They were horrible today.  Although I'd much rather face the Vikings next week than the Eagles...but not afraid of anyone with this defense.  Let's go!
    Pretty sweet to knock the Vikings out of the playoffs...can't stand them!  They were horrible today.  Although I'd much rather face the Vikings next week than the Eagles...but not afraid of anyone with this defense.  Let's go!
    I would much rather be facing Minnesota. Philly is playing their best ball right now and they’re one of those dark horses that can go on a run. Let’s hope not. Go Bears! 
    Super Bowl, Super Bears!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Thanks and good luck to you guys. Bears are a fun team to watch. No Fog this year please.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    bbiggs said:
    I would much rather be facing Minnesota. Philly is playing their best ball right now and they’re one of those dark horses that can go on a run. Let’s hope not. Go Bears! 
    Yeah the Vikings suck and would obviously be a much easier matchup.  But I hate the talk of people saying they should have let them win....I'm not sure the Vikings could have beat the Bears backups yesterday.  And this team clearly isn't afraid of anyone...can't wait for Sunday.  Soldier Field is going to be crazy...first playoff game in 8 years!
    Anybody got extra face value tickets? :lol:
    Just realized i'm going to be on a plane for the first half of the game on Sunday.  Damn it all!
    mca47 said:
    Just realized i'm going to be on a plane for the first half of the game on Sunday.  Damn it all!
    Brutal.  My brother is going to be on a plane coming back from his honeymoon for the entire game....first playoff game in 8 years.  Bad timing!
    mca47 said:
    Brutal.  My brother is going to be on a plane coming back from his honeymoon for the entire game....first playoff game in 8 years.  Bad timing!
    If I recall, Southwest has NBC as one of their streaming channels.  That should lessen the blow.
    I'll be that guy cheering and hopefully not yelling at my iPad on the flight!  haha
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:
    If I recall, Southwest has NBC as one of their streaming channels.  That should lessen the blow.
    I'll be that guy cheering and hopefully not yelling at my iPad on the flight!  haha
    Nice!  Technology is a wonderful thing.

Miller, Garbiel and Robinson all practiced in full today which is good.  But no practice from Eddie Jackson....not a good sign for him playing on Sunday.
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:

Miller, Garbiel and Robinson all practiced in full today which is good.  But no practice from Eddie Jackson....not a good sign for him playing on Sunday.
    Yeah, just read that.  Eddie Jackson is a stud, but the rest of the D should be able to hold up.  The 3 receivers are going to be much more important.  The last thing I want to see in a playoff game is Kevin White on the field.  
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:

Yeah, just read that.  Eddie Jackson is a stud, but the rest of the D should be able to hold up.  The 3 receivers are going to be much more important.  The last thing I want to see in a playoff game is Kevin White on the field.  
    PFT says Eddie Jackson had limited practice.  Glad we have the extra day cuz we really need him back!  Can't wait for Sunday.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    Yeah that's a good sign.  He'll definitely give it a shot to play and hopefully he is ready to go.  Wish I was going to the game on Sunday.

Also find it interesting how everyone is blowing Philly right now and talking about how hot they are....yes, they won 3 in a row to get in the postseason.  Bears have won 4 straight and 9 out of 10 with the only loss coming with their backup QB on the road.  Love that everyone seems to think Philly is going to win here....
    Yeah that's a good sign.  He'll definitely give it a shot to play and hopefully he is ready to go.  Wish I was going to the game on Sunday.

Also find it interesting how everyone is blowing Philly right now and talking about how hot they are....yes, they won 3 in a row to get in the postseason.  Bears have won 4 straight and 9 out of 10 with the only loss coming with their backup QB on the road.  Love that everyone seems to think Philly is going to win here....
    Philly is going to win....a first class flight back to Philly, if one calls that winning. :)
    Big day today! 34-10 Da Bears! 
    bbiggs said:
    Big day today! 34-10 Da Bears! 
    I predicted 27-13. 

Below is a Christmas gift my girlfriend got for me....because she's awesome! 

^ Kick ass!