The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    I believe you but nothing on the can says Sweden. Great beer!  I d definitely buy again. 
    I forgot about the contract brewing
    I just noticed on Untappd that it is indeed a Swedish beer even though it is brewed in the USA. I guess their corporate hq is in Sweden? I am glad you pointed this out because I never had a Swedish beer.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    The mad elf was fucking terrible. This however, is not

• The mad elf was fucking terrible. This however, is not

Oooooooohhhh!  You got the glass too!

Enjoy!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    The mad elf was fucking terrible. This however, is not

Oooooooohhhh!  You got the glass too!

Enjoy!
    Keep it in your pants Chris!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Jughandle brewery. Hefeweizen and two different ipa s.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mcgruff10 said:

ewww! :sick:

nice manicure, tho.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:

ewww! :sick:

nice manicure, tho.
    It was good bud!  I m glad you like the manicure!! ;)
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

• rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    edited December 2018
    This is dangerous. It's delicious and quaffable. I've never thought of a 9.5% Belgian triple as a thirst quencher, usually something to savour but damn this is almost down able.
    Post edited by rw160510 on
    Duvel is awesome!! I went with another local brewery today: Kane head high

That looks good. What was the murky one you posted the other day? Yknow just in case any makes it's way cold shipped to the UK.
    rw160510 said:
    That looks good. What was the murky one you posted the other day? Yknow just in case any makes it's way cold shipped to the UK.
    If you are talking to me it was:

mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:

Sorry
     yes I was. The quote function didn't work on my phone for some reason. We're also thinking about a trip to the US next year so if I play my cards right I might actually get to try some ka couple) of the breweries you, tempo and others rave about. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway ;)
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    For any Chicago locals, this Hop Butcher beer was incredible. Try and grab one on tap if you see it. It was a limited release so nothing left on the shelf.

Here a the other one:

rw160510 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:

Sorry
     yes I was. The quote function didn't work on my phone for some reason. We're also thinking about a trip to the US next year so if I play my cards right I might actually get to try some ka couple) of the breweries you, tempo and others rave about. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway ;)
    There is so much good beer here in the states.  Where in the us are you thinking of going?  The only place that really doesn't have good craft beer (in my experience and maybe I am wrong) is the south east and south west part of the us.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:

Sorry
    There is so much good beer here in the states.  Where in the us are you thinking of going?  The only place that really doesn't have good craft beer (in my experience and maybe I am wrong) is the south east and south west part of the us.  
    Honestly
     we're not sure yet. We did the whole Vegas fly drive grand canyon, zion national park thing a few years ago and loved it. I'd head back to zion in a heartbeat, hands down the most beautiful place I've ever been. We've recently had some friends emigrate to quebec so we were thinking East Coast somewhere and then head to Canada for a few days. Its a big birthday for me too so I was thinking about trying to get to a couple of pearl jam shows if it turns out that they are touring. It's all very sketchy currently though, waiting on any announcements and also the clusterfuck that is brexit here at home to figure out exactly what is affordable :) if it does work out I'll be sure to ask for recommendations.
    mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:

Sorry
    That seems to pretty much sum it up. I did get a nice IPA in the Charlotte area a few weeks back. I think it was called Hop, Drop and Roll from Noda Brewing.

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Superflare IPA by 4 Hands Brewing. I really wish they’d brew this all year. So. Damn. Good!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    rw160510 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:

Sorry
    Honestly
     we're not sure yet. We did the whole Vegas fly drive grand canyon, zion national park thing a few years ago and loved it. I'd head back to zion in a heartbeat, hands down the most beautiful place I've ever been. We've recently had some friends emigrate to quebec so we were thinking East Coast somewhere and then head to Canada for a few days. Its a big birthday for me too so I was thinking about trying to get to a couple of pearl jam shows if it turns out that they are touring. It's all very sketchy currently though, waiting on any announcements and also the clusterfuck that is brexit here at home to figure out exactly what is affordable :) if it does work out I'll be sure to ask for recommendations.
    If you need any recommendations let us know!  I'm not sure where you'll be in quebec but vermont has some amazing craft beers!
    https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/vermont/articles/vermont-s-top-10-craft-breweries/
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    edited December 2018

I'm a ticker! AAAHHHHHHH...(not even a very good one)
    but in my defense I do the same with movies,restaurants,books......I like trying different things...

Post edited by Malroth on
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Tough to beat

chinese-happy.jpg
    Tough to beat

Drinking early huh?  
    Beer looks great. 
    Tough to beat

The artwork on the can sure is tough to beat. Looks awesome! 
    A generous friend gave this to me yesterday. I’ve never had it and wasn’t familiar but I guess it’s an excellent barleywine. Anyone ever have it?

• mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:

Sorry
    South East there is Cigar Brewing, Funky Budha and I am a fan of Andygator by Abita.

There are also small hole in the wall brewers now where ever you go so you might be in Hollywood Florida and find a brewery, I know there is one there because I drank there, lol.
    mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rw160510 said:

Sorry
    South East there is Cigar Brewing, Funky Budha and I am a fan of Andygator by Abita.

There are also small hole in the wall brewers now where ever you go so you might be in Hollywood Florida and find a brewery, I know there is one there because I drank there, lol.
    This is surprising as you don't seem like the type who drinks in too many places.  =)
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    For any Chicago locals, this Hop Butcher beer was incredible. Try and grab one on tap if you see it. It was a limited release so nothing left on the shelf.

Heard awesome things about that one.  Tried to grab it when it came out but it sold out immediately.  I'm not big on the milkshake IPAs, but the original blazed orange was incredible.
    bbiggs said:

Heard awesome things about that one.  Tried to grab it when it came out but it sold out immediately.  I'm not big on the milkshake IPAs, but the original blazed orange was incredible.
    It is an awesome beer. One is enough but I really enjoyed it. I’m not sure why there was so much hype over it but the same thing happened at my Binnys. So many people showed up to grab it that they had to split the 4 packs into individual cans with a limit of 2. Strange.