Direct PJ references in movies/tv

2»

Comments

• DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    I guess it's not a "direct" reference but in charlie bartlett I noticed on robert downey jr.'s daughter's door there's an avocado. what else could it be then a pearl jam sticker?
  • Come Back was played on an episode of Friday Night Lights
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    a few more to add! :D
    Brady Bunch Movie, first one in the mid 90's. Long-blond guy said something like "Damn, it's harder than getting Pearl Jam tickets"...i forgot why..

Nash Bridges....Nash's daughter is about to get married and the fiance wanted to play Better Man for her but she says it's not a wedding song.

Craig Kilborn Late Late Show...Craig did a joke about Osama not releasing videos anymore...the punchline, "Who does he think he is?....Pearl Jam.."
    kind a indicates that he's a fan because Osama was in the around '01-'03 a lot, and PJ's reputation for not making videos dates since Vs.

Ahmad Rasshad's little Saturday NBA show played "MFC" on a week-round up highlight...only problem is Ahmed said the song was "Low Light"...the mistake was because of "The Red Dot" song I think...:D

MADTV had a sketch called "Who stole my Voice"...Will Sasso played Vedder who made fun of the Calling, Creed, and other for stealing his voice...then Ray Charles came and said it's his voice Vedder stole from...

Airheads (Sandler played a drummer in this movie)...i think Pearl Jam was mention along a bunch of other bands when a caller request some grunge songs...Brendan Frasers' character said grunge sucked...

damn....that's all I got for now...
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Wasn't their an episode of Seinfeld with a TOTD poster? The boy in the bubble?? Something like that??
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    LongRd. wrote:
    a few more to add! :D
    Brady Bunch Movie, first one in the mid 90's. Long-blond guy said something like "Damn, it's harder than getting Pearl Jam tickets"...i forgot why..

Nash Bridges....Nash's daughter is about to get married and the fiance wanted to play Better Man for her but she says it's not a wedding song.

Craig Kilborn Late Late Show...Craig did a joke about Osama not releasing videos anymore...the punchline, "Who does he think he is?....Pearl Jam.."
    kind a indicates that he's a fan because Osama was in the around '01-'03 a lot, and PJ's reputation for not making videos dates since Vs.

Ahmad Rasshad's little Saturday NBA show played "MFC" on a week-round up highlight...only problem is Ahmed said the song was "Low Light"...the mistake was because of "The Red Dot" song I think...:D

MADTV had a sketch called "Who stole my Voice"...Will Sasso played Vedder who made fun of the Calling, Creed, and other for stealing his voice...then Ray Charles came and said it's his voice Vedder stole from...

Airheads (Sandler played a drummer in this movie)...i think Pearl Jam was mention along a bunch of other bands when a caller request some grunge songs...Brendan Frasers' character said grunge sucked...

damn....that's all I got for now...
    More...well, one more for now...

Tennis great Pistol Pete Sampras retired with "Alive" blasting through the stadium where he played his last pro singles game. :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    90210. There was this one part where someone mentioned the fact that Pearl Jam were still releasing their albums on vinyl.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,038
    Come Back was played on an episode of Friday Night Lights

And October Road.
    I miss igotid88
    On the 1st episode of "Once and Again". The older brother asks his sister if she's finished borrowing his Pearl jam cd.
    I miss igotid88
  • They say on sportscenter alot "what eddie vedder is to pearl jam, tony romo is to the cowboys"

espn loves pearl jam...ive seen them use dte and comatose for ultimate highlight and stuff like that.
  • pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    Don't know if it was listed, but Pacey introduces himself to a girl as "Pearl Jam's drummer" on Dawson's Creek.
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Took me a minute too and I had to move around to see it on my monitor.. The poster in the background :D
    ????....I still can't see it....help!
  • Yeah they were mentioned in a movie the Stepmom or mother or something with Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon.
    :cool:
    vedderfan1
  • ereeperereeper Posts: 66
    I was watching Grounded For Life the other night and Claudia was ripping on Sean's clothes. She told him that Pearl Jam called and wanted their shirt back.
    Indy 2000
    Detroit 2000
    Indy 2003
    Detroit I 2003
    Detroit II 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006

Don't Call Me Edmund
  • RayneRayne Posts: 99
    This is a little out of left field, but I love it when I'm listening to the Sox on the radio and hear a snippet of a PJ song. And last week the Today show played GTF in the background of one of their stories, sadly it made my day...lol.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...How I choose to feel, is how I AM!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~
  • rypakalrypakal Posts: 14
    Oh, there is?

http://popular.abels.us/pearljam/

I'll work on adding the new ones in this thread.
  • encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    Rage Against The Machine the 92 Release
    Thanks 2 Pearl Jam n the Comrades section of the booklet insert.
    In "Imaginary Heroes" with Emile Hirsch. A girl who commited suicide left in her diary an original poem. It was the lyrics to "Alive'. "Is something wrong she said....who answers."
    I miss igotid88
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    edited December 2018
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    edited December 2018
    World Party TV show in Mexico

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Rio Olympics 2016

• foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    a million little things  the character who used to be in a band who is now a guitar teacher was wearing a pearl jam t shirt while trying to learn the father daughter dance routine. 
  • Episode of Bigmouth second season Jessi appears to be wearing a PJ Lightning Bolt shirt. 
  • Page from the children’s book “My poppa is a Princess”
  • An episode of Family Guy starts with a skit called Vedder Call Saul where Eddie changes the words to Even Flow saying he needs a lawyer
    9/4/18 - Boston, Fenway Park
  • coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    On Parks and Recreation there are at least four separate references, all said by Andy's character.
    coach pj said:
    On Parks and Recreation there are at least four separate references, all said by Andy's character.
    And Vitalogy was written about Donna Meagle
    I miss igotid88
    rmjenk4 said:
    An episode of Family Guy starts with a skit called Vedder Call Saul where Eddie changes the words to Even Flow saying he needs a lawyer
    :lol:
  • ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    Wow, that was a good catch ^. It made me laugh, out of all the possibilities to see PJ radio on that screen. I guess there are a lot of us out there.