The Riot Act Wars...

123457»

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    PJ_Soul said:

Every time an old thread gets bumped I come across a moment when Staysea is harassing me for no reason. :lol:

She sent me a vintage PJ poster a few years back. One I had in my bedroom as a young teenager in the 90s. What happened to her?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

PJ_Soul said:

Every time an old thread gets bumped I come across a moment when Staysea is harassing me for no reason. :lol:

She sent me a vintage PJ poster a few years back. One I had in my bedroom as a young teenager in the 90s. What happened to her?
    I don't know. Nothing as far as I know. She just stopped posting on the boards.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I used to love not understanding anything staysea was talking about. Good times.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    BUMP, in honor of YIELD's 20th birthday. 
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Man, this thread is a treasure trove of straight doo doo. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Once upon a time
    I was an asshole
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    I used to love not understanding anything staysea was talking about. Good times.
    I know this is an old post but I love it! 

Yeah, Staysea, so cool!  Wish she were still on here!

Staysea, if you're out there, I still have all those crazy stickers!  Love 'em!  :hug:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Holy time warp of a thread if I've ever seen one 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Wow, I enjoyed this
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    fanch75 said:
    Holy Crow, I just read the first post on this business, how much acid is that guy on, the Star Wars guy.
    Utter madness, anyway after reason his entire thread I've come to 2 conclusions.
    1. People are very passionate about Yield
    2. Stay-Sea is a troublemaker and bothers more people then just me.

Happy birthday record, Yield is good. Yield is real fucking good
    Book it.

You had to be on the board back then. There were The Divisions; those who loved YIELD, and those who thought that riot act was worth the pastic that god-awful music was put on. Passions raged, much Natty Light was consumed, online wars were fought, bans were issued, and the YIELD Jedi were thrust into exile very very far away.
    Those were fun times......
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Original sony board guy here.  Its funny how this place has changed but also stayed very much the same
    Original sony board guy here.  Its funny how this place has changed but also stayed very much the same
    It's true, isn't it?  The Riot Act Wars really happened.

....and in the years following the riot act wars, memories of the YFC and its power began to fade. The YIELD Jedi became a myth, a legend, and they became referred to as "old sourcerous fools" by those who mocked them, not knowing of their once-great power.
  • BlkFlgBlkFlg Posts: 27
    Amazing this is still here! I just wish the "I f*cking feel like talkin' about YIELD" thread was still alive. That was a gem. But alas, it's not. Read the first post of this thread to understand why.
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
    BlkFlg said:
    Amazing this is still here! I just wish the "I f*cking feel like talkin' about YIELD" thread was still alive. That was a gem. But alas, it's not. Read the first post of this thread to understand why.
    Yes, it was a casualty of The Riot Act Wars.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I love Riot Act. At the time I thought Pearl Jam had had it, and were basically on their way out. But over time it has become a favourite of mine.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    I love Riot Act. At the time I thought Pearl Jam had had it, and were basically on their way out. But over time it has become a favourite of mine.

Were you around during The Riot Act Wars?  Or were you on some damn foolish idealistic crusade?
  • KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Yield is superior to all other albums, 98 tour was the greatest tour the band has ever done.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Kevinman said:
    Yield is superior to all other albums, 98 tour was the greatest tour the band has ever done.
    That would be the correct answer.  Every show was fun as hell in '98.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    mcgruff10 said:
    Kevinman said:
    That would be the correct answer.  Every show was fun as hell in '98.  
    I can see an argument for that, but I still hold to the notion that Yield, No Code and Riot Act- all three- are the apex of Pearl Jam music, the Hold PJ Trinity, the pinnacle of the band's creative powers.... so far (I am still hopeful!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    STAYSEA said:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Riot Act is a great album. One of my faves. Yield is also great and another of my faves.

It's idiotic to argue over which album is better. It's art, not the answer to a math problem. There is no right or wrong answer.

If this thread is any indication of what the boards used to be like I'm glad it's changed. No offense. :shifty:

You are so cool.

I'm glad I never have to see you
    LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

BlkFlg said:
    That thread still exists....
    Kevinman said:
    Well said....
  • drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    smile05 wrote:
    been listening to yield on & off for the last two days,fucking awesome album but still No Code & Vitalogy are streets ahead.

"Great, kid. Don't get cocky."

PBM
    Is that a Pierce Hawthorne reference I read?! THATS streets ahead my friend. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11